Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
:gas:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
so sweden did the pipeline? who had sweden? i remember somebody had sweden

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

gradenko_2000 posted:

collective punishment is a war crime

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
the russian orthodox church stabbed ukraine in the back

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
seriously though, arewedrunkyet, do you realize what you're saying?

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
what war crime was vox even referring to

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
yeah but what did vox think the war crime in there is

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

speng31b posted:

targeting civilian residences and infrastructure

so vox thinks ukraine blew up its own civilian residences and infrastructure on purpose?

vox, welcome comrade

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
seriously though if that damage is the result of an aim-120 im val kilmer. apparently the september oopsy apartment block boom was from an AGM-88 HARM which has a 70kg warhead (https://www.nytimes.com/2022/11/24/world/europe/ukraine-american-missile.html) according to uh, this fun nyt article. no pictures of the apartment it hit but the debris pictures look kinda piddly. anyway, weird!

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

Majorian posted:

I'm guessing they're talking about Russia bombing civilian infrastructure since folks like Ursula von der Leyen have called that a war crime. The problem is, according to most countries' stated rules of war, that's not actually a war crime under certain circumstances. For example, the US DoD Laws of War manual says the following:

probably but it was far enough away from that talk and close enough to the ukrainian's strongest amraam ever made that i wanted to imply something else

also yeah war crimes for theyto and not nato. (destroying civilian water/power infrastructure is almost always a war crime though, if im keeping score)

speng31b posted:

vox is just a moron trying to do a drive by to get his posting enemies in trouble by accusing them of justifying warcrimes with dumb tweets

yeah i know that was me trying to make fun of him

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

Frosted Flake posted:

JSOC’s first international deployment was grabbing Serbs to put on trial, funnily enough.

too bad they never managed to blackbag the sick hosed that bombed the chinese embassy in belgrade

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

yeah i knew nobody was immune to propaganda but it's been wild to see this level up uptake and adherence by people. granted I was a teenager at the time, but I do not remember as many people getting as wrapped up in the post-911 fervor anywhere near as much as this. it does seem to be dying down though.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

Frosted Flake posted:

I'd respect them more if they actually believed it. It's the combination of zeal and certainty with total plasticity that makes it so hard for me to square.
I know you can say the only true underlying belief is class interest but that's not really satisfying because who knows how much of that is even conscious?

e: I have to agree with the many people coming through to mention Xinjiang. What the gently caress?

:nsa: :zenz:

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

paul_soccer12 posted:

is it new or have all these NAFO accounts always had the nazi bar cross in their display names

which nazi bar cross?

also when did the enlarge/delarge button icon get adopted by everyone as a fuckin balkenkreuz?

im kidding it's just a weird coincidence but it's funny to me

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
Sock Doctrine

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

supersnowman posted:

Tom Clancy told me you can open the GIUK gap by invading Iceland.

i'd like to see you try, punk

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

lollontee posted:

how's the war gone while i awas banned?

welcome back. were you bongmaster? rip if so that weren't nice. double rip if not

also russia did not in fact bring enough to the party

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

mlmp08 posted:

ok buddy!

i mean, you are. you know you are. we know you are. it's okay.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
that wasn't blood

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
research rear end

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
orc blood is green idiots

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
lmaoooooo

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

Orange Devil posted:

All the dumb superhero poo poo is the worst for this. People with amazing abilities running around but their world in the absence of a villain is exactly like ours? Come the gently caress on.

Futanari Damacy posted:

All capeshit is copaganda

:hai:

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
paul gonna need you to close that kosovo thread

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
You have previously been warned about your dogshit posting, and barely 24 hours since coming off a ban+30 for it, you charge right back in with this utterly scalding hot take. User loses posting privileges for 10,000 hours.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
make a mlmp chjatbot

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

Regarde Aduck posted:

it's using mouse controls in war thunder arcade flight

More like autotrim. All the time. Every surface. And sort of? It's both more and less. Those airframes are still dynamically stable and you wont be able to just put them into unrecoverable states very easily given infinite altitude (exception - P-63)

I'm not exactly sure how much you can "manually" control everything on modern aerodynamically unstable jets and there are a lot of automatic control things that are there not for the static instability of the jet but because of certain poo poo that happens at certain speeds/mach regimes. You can fly an Su27 in DCS and enable "direct control" (still lots of interpreted inputs - also not sure if this is how it works in real life?) and still fly for a bit until you make a mistake and start doing unintended flips. With some practice you can just fly in "direct" mode, which I think gives a pretty good intuition for what aerodynamically unstable means.

But yeah I think most crashes are legitimately due to failures of other systems or pilot error that wasn't really due to aerodynamic instability. It's not really a benefit that's actually a huge fundamental hubristic flaw like the Boeing poo poo or having weak rear end elevators on a series of jets that loved to crash.

The actual scary part of all that is that a lot of the control systems were prototyped in matlab/simulink and then almost certainly just spat out by matlab's patented simulink compiler for people who just want to fly already.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

gradenko_2000 posted:

comedy option: the Boeing X-32

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCpKp73kJtI

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
That Pentagon Wars scene but with a bra insteady of the Bradley

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
Westfailia

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

tristeham posted:

what the hell

fly molo was warned

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
it was a real ban

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

Majorian posted:

lmao no, if it's so similar that mods are able to tell who it's mimicking, I'll just be impressed.

didn't catpetter get a ban for "syq"ing a reddit post

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

dudes rock

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
they will make things holey

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

Frosted Flake posted:

This goes back to bishops blessing spathae under Constantine, there’s not really anything unusual about it I’m afraid.

dont apologize its the one badass thing they get to do

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

Majorian posted:

I dunno man, just don’t post bigoted poo poo itt, it’s not that hard. Merry Christmas Eve to everyone who celebrates! Go be with your loved ones.

you're a moron

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
and you ruined christmas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
free all political cspam prisoners for christmas