Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

It's weird going from deep rock galactic, where everyone is super helpful and teamworky, back to vermintide 2 where people run off, die and rage quit. I think it's the end stat screen which makes people desperate to score as many kills as possible to make numbers go up. Someone said that was gone in Darktide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I've succumbed and bought this. Praying to the emepror that i get lucky and it runs ok on my computer.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I'm baffled by the stat bars for weapons.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Dramicus posted:

PSA: if you are having performance issues, check the settings in the launcher and turn off NVIDIA latency boost or whatever it's called and set the worker threads to half of how many threads your CPU has in total (so if you have 24 threads, set it to 12). I did this and went from 60-110 fps to 100-160 fps. YMMV.

This seems to be giving me a stable FPS of 60 now from 30-40. Put Threads to 6 and turned off Nvidia latency boost thing.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Smelter complex is good fun! the final holding out in the middle as the flames go crazy is good. Seems like way more effort was put into it than the missions i've seen so far.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I gotta say when I think about it this game is a bit rough? The combat and music are topnotch but EVERYTHING else is mediocre. The maps, the objectives, the loot system, the collecting books, the specials are all a bit unimpressive. I could make a very long rambling post about specifics but it all boil down to why isn't stuff more like Vermintide 2 or Deep rock.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I actually find myself becoming zen quite a bit in this game and just standing, waiting, while the rest of my team sidestep about unloading all their ammo in to a horde a mile away.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Ogryn feat which makes the grenade box actually fire out grenades everywhere is great.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

How much friendly fire is there in this and does it change with difficulty? I don't feel like teting it live but do grenades/splash damage cause damage to teammates? I've got the Ogryn grenade perk and wondering if it's alright to just explode my team or not.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I have not seen any friendly fire at least on difficulty3, I sometimes hear voice lines trigger if you shoot the ogyn's back a bunch, but no damage dealt, throw those grenades into your teammates.

Maybe playtesters found that friendly fire made things way too annoying.

\/ That sounds about right.

Oh my god I've been super careful not to just shoot recklessly into melee in fear of hitting buddies

CuddleCryptid posted:

Ambient sounds with specials worked pretty well for L4D, although it was a little overtuned in VT where the pack master went SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE.

Having an ambusher that doesn't do much (or really any) damage directly being fairly quiet isn't too bad. The Hunter in L4D growled but only quietly and you would hear it only if it's near. A little buzz would be good as long as it doesn't sound like an electrical substation.

yeah, none of those lads could down multiple people though. If anything trapper should make more noise than the pack master and all the characters should be screaming about them.

hemale in pain fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Nov 23, 2022

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I dunno the point of all the background character stuff and different voices :shrug: just have 1 voice for each character and loads of personality. Now the lines are so spread out and the characters barely talk to each other it sucks.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

im getting real internet warrior vibes here

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Diephoon posted:

I love the Rumbler. The projectile is incredibly clonky and meaty when you dome something in the head with it. It has a firing arc to show you exactly where it's gonna go when you ADS. The reload isn't long at all.

The only reason I'm using the Gauntlet over it right now is because there's a bug(?) where if you have the "bleed on heavy attack" talent it works on the fast Gauntlet melee swings, so you can quickly stack bleed on tanky targets.

Had a Diff 3 run last night where my team got downed and killed away from me and I managed to get the recovery going. You can see a Trapper take a Rumbler grenade to the face and die outright, feels good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwKNzLVjEvw

What's the shield like? I tried it and really didn't like the lack of big swingy bashyness. Does it block all firearms when held up?

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I just find the 2-handed club is pretty great for crowd control by itelf and don't really like the idea of being stationary, and found the shield took up quite a lot of screen space visually. If there's ranged lads hitting me I'll either explode them or hide behind a wall BUT i do like the idea of helping the team so will give it another go.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Orv posted:

I would like it to one tap regular infantry to the chest without charging because it costs two more ammo (5 not 7 I was wrong) than the XII which already does that, is the trouble.

That said yes hitting the arms is a problem in this game because they appear to have gone with a full on Call of Duty/Siege level hitbox. I've taken to gut shotting ranged guys because of this instead of trying to get it in over their arms/gun.

In the training room I noticed that the shoulder plate on the ogryn enemy with a stubber actually blocks shots. It's quite cool that they went to that much effort with the hitboxes.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

JBP posted:

Has anyone figured out how to get rid of the cursor when playing :negative:

is it the in-game cursor? pressing enter and bringing up chat makes it go away for me.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

finally setting up a dedicated dodge key after jumping one too many times and getting netted

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Phlegmish posted:

Which key did you end up picking? In Vermintide 2 I have jumping bound to shift, but obviously that's sprinting in Darktide.

Kept it to space like Kaddish did but put jump on Alt. I still keep messing the keys up but will eventually relearn.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I had a weird thing yesterday where the endless horde was actually an endless horde and the screen filled up with enemies and they never stopped coming. It was kinda cool and fun, but every other time i've played a endless horde thing it wasn't like that.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Diephoon posted:

I forget who posted about the bugged interaction between the combat knife lacerate skill and haymaker skill but it works for Ogryns the same way, only you just need to take the "bleed on heavy attack" feat then get haymaker.

https://i.imgur.com/8EiAR3H.mp4

they really need to fix this stuff cause everyone will go for it and it'll make the game boooring.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Kaysette posted:

The beta hats are giving me flashbacks to statistics in grad school...

I'm bummed I won't be able to take my afternoon wfh break of killing heretics but I'm excited to see what broken poo poo pops up tomorrow!

ive been playing deeprock today and fatshark should really just crib everything from that game. the assignment system is 10x better than the dumb pick up 12 things and do 25 missions stuff.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Internet Explorer posted:

This one is definitely high on my list as well. It's bad enough there's a fairly limited number of maps, but they really need to change things up so that your chance of getting the same map twice in a row is lessened.

I really don't understand why they can't make secondary objectives more fun to spice the maps up. Just to throw in a effort free example, you could have a semi-randomly located terminal to hack to 'steal enemy data' or whatever, and have to fight off 1-2 waves while waiting for the hack. It's already a system in-game but would make the maps feel more interesting because you'd be fighting in different places than normal.

e: also didn't Left4dead 2 close and open some paths sometimes? you could easily spice stuff up by closing off a normal route by having 'nurgle rot' over the door and making the team go the long way round. I like Darktide but it just feels sooo lazy sometimes.

hemale in pain fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Nov 29, 2022

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

apparently bolt guns can have scopes but i don't think an attachment system would work very well with this game

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Broken Cog posted:

It's very much a decision, not a technical issue. The guy even says he can't change your personality.

:wrong:

when it comes to fatshark its always a technical issue

BeeSeeBee posted:

Same, I was just making a bunch of the same classes to check out the voice lines in game without much thought to which I'd level, but at least it sounds like something they'll look into when everything else isn't falling apart.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I don't mind either to be honest but they only give people 5 character slots so might aswell let you change everything about your character.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

infraboy posted:

Is the game worth buying or is it getter to wait?

It's a good fun game but if i'm honest it's probably better to wait for a sale and get it for like £20 due to the current technical issues.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

this is buggier than the beta

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

hey guys ive unlocked the mysterious 4th ogryn voice which makes it sound like you're talking into a pringles can

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Mega Comrade posted:

Helmets that cover your face add a muffling effect. Seems this was applied incorrectly to a few items.

OHHH i did wonder but decided that would be really silly

e: also im using the helmet you get by playing the beta which is just a hat

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I probably wouldn't bother with it myself but it boggles my mind that private games are a post-launch thing

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Chopstick Dystopia posted:

Things doing the opposite of what they should, doing 10x what they should, not working at all, excel spreadsheet errors in the UI, god drat I love Fatshark!

This game got delayed by a year didn't it? I wonder if they had to rebuild it from the ground up at some point.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

The random groups ive been in have all been fine. I had one weirdo who got mad because we weren't camping by the lift with him, so mad in fact he was busy typing instead of helping in the next fight, so we made fun of him and kicked him. That's about as toxic as it's gotten.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

It's weird having a cash shop on day 1 for a fully priced game. I don't think it's over flowing with content either and it's definitely buggy, so asking people to put down more money is rude.

Orv posted:

I did the same and am still seeing significantly less frames than I did before Monday’s hotfix.

Someone in the steam forums said that changing the settings in-game wasn't changing a setting in the files for two graphic options, so probably a bug related to them disabling ray tracing.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Sharkopath posted:

Even if the prices are reasonable I hope all the people screaming bloody murder about the cash shop does get them to reconsider and change it, because a buy what you want when you want to cash shop thats not tied to unwieldy bundles of premium currency would be better for the game.

Also lots of attention being placed on the 5 weapons missing from the roster, but I think the bigger omission of this just being an early access drop is not having any finale mission.

e: Oh is the fluff lore the weapons used to have still around anywhere in game, it seems like the new stats screen replaced it.

On the subject of a final mission it is weird that there is no mission/story progression and everything is just unlocked, as far as i can tell, randomly on the mission board.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

no context post from the steam forum

quote:

My argument was that it would be more logically consistent if it was the norm for women to be used as baby factories, to provide more soldiers and slave labour to the Emperor's Realm.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

It's weird switching from playing Ogryn almost exclusively and going to the other characters which have weapons which can really, really murder the armoured enemies quickly. It's a good balance tbh, ogryn to knock stuff down and other people to actually kill the hell out of it.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I think fatshark probably saw the stats and realised that most people were gonna jump on veteran cause of the imperial guard/soldier aesthetic so ehhh maybe let it do everything. If you made them crap at melee you'd end up with teams getting wiped when they ended up with 3/4 veterans.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Broken Cog posted:

My extremely cynical take is that we're not gonna get subclasses at all. We're getting completely new characters, which means having to level from scratch, and having to buy new cosmetics.
It really feels like that's the direction they're taking this game, to me.

It's weird that the classes have names though like Ogryn brute and veteran sharpshooter. It does suggest there's gonna be something else but who knows.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Captain Oblivious posted:

You don't need to make them crap at melee. You just need to not make them literally have the best melee weapon in the game. This isn't rocket science.

dont get me wrong i agree but there's always gonna be a dev favourite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

the eviscerator is rad