Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Absolutely torn between Ogryn and 4th wall breaking crazy dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Phlegmish posted:

Who am I kidding, as with any multiplayer game I'm just going to end up dropping down to the lowest settings just to squeeze out every frame per second that I can

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Internet Explorer posted:

Give me a tank gun that I can swing around. Finding out more about the feel of Ogryn weapons is one of the things I'm most excited about. Really looking forward to some sort of two-handed blunt weapon. The shield seems like it blocks such a huge portion of your view. Can't see how it's going to be enjoyable to use, but blocking all that ranged fire is certainly going to be significant.

I'm very hype to use the shields actually, things taking up view in exchange for durability was super fun in ready or not

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I'm having different experiences to everyone.

Mostly getting Ogryns and Psykers on my teams, no crashes or bugs, decent performance on a 2070 (not updated my gpu drivers) with a Ryzen 7 3800x and like , 16gb ram.

Game loving slaps.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Echoing that the biggest problem with vet right now is just the sheer amount of pubs that fire one shot with their pistol or whatever and then grab ammo.

I've even had pubs straight up ignore horde fights to go nab all the ammo in the room. At some point they should just turn on friendly fire for whoever's being a loving idiot.

Aside from that, there needs to be a clearer "YOU HAVE A MEDIKIT/AMMO PACK" icon somewhere. Nobody ever realizes that they have them.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
If they added maybe 3 more weapons to each class and spread them out between the early levels i'd be much happier.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I'd be willing to believe fewer hordes should read "and more specials".

First couple of times I ran it on Malice I was so happy i picked all my "actually kill specials" vet loadout.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

CuddleCryptid posted:

I get they want to give the impression that there are a lot of soldiers on the ship but you can't actually do anything with anyone so?

Every time I get to the ship I just assume that they wanted to make a different game and that's the hub for it. It's really weird, just give me a loving menu.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

KPC_Mammon posted:

The complaints I read from people about Ogryn makes me think most vets have never switched to melee and don't know how to dodge melee attacks to avoid getting murdered. You can't just stand still off to the side while in melee.

You absolutely can if someone with a decent gun is firing into the horde.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Jerkface posted:

I think ammo is generally pretty easy to manage, but that being said I just finished a mission at the smelter where there was 1 small ammo box in the entire final arena. We ran around prior to kicking off the event looking for ammo and thats all we could find, and we had to kill like 3 dogs, a trapper, 2 flamers, and some mutants while doing it which further depleted our ammo. When it got to the final wave holding part I was down to 5 bolter rounds and had to bank on getting the ammo back from elite killing to be able to kill the next elite, it was hairy!

Was the scarcest I've seen ammo pickups be in a level, as there was hardly any on the run up to the final arena too.

Yeah, ammo woes are usually overstated, unless you've got some rear end in a top hat pub firing like, two shots of his pistol and picking up more. Or picking up the deployable box and then just never putting it down despite multiple asks in text and voice saying "bro could you use that? All four of us are out".

That being said, people get weird about the vet. Had a guy say i was shooting too much on the bridge horde defence (I had a braced autogun and I was having the time of my life, with more than enough ammo to spare). Had another dude get angry that i wasn't marking specials because "that's your loving job". I wasn't marking them because I was killing them, I only mark them when i'm reloading or can't otherwise deal with it right then and there.

I'm also on the side of "its a bit rude to jump in front of a guy who's shooting specials". You don't even need to do that to "protect" them, just swing your giant rear end knife or whatever near me for the half second it'll take for me to finish murdering the gunner.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

BombiTheZombie posted:

I swear to the god-emperor, vet with that lovely braced autogun / automatic lasgun is the new elf with a quickbow. Every time i see a vet with either of those weapons you betcha hes gonna magdump into a horde and be stuck reloading instead of pulling out a melee weapon and getting stuck in.

On higher difficulties (3+) you cant have a ranged weapon that cant reliably and quickly kill specials in favor of a "horde clearing" ranged weapon. Thats what your melee is for!

e: lets not forget that they will constantly steal the ammo from special snipers to feed their magdump tendencies!

Sounds like a them problem because if you have a psych you can absolutely let them pop the long range specials while you loving mulch through a horde+whatever specials are in it with the (good) autogun.

3 isn't really that hard of a difficulty to be bugging people about gear unless literally none of you brought a kill something at range weapon.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

BombiTheZombie posted:

Problem is people bring this into 4+ where autoguns and even automatic lasguns just dont cut the mustard anymore.

BombiTheZombie posted:

On higher difficulties (3+) you cant have a ranged weapon that cant reliably and quickly kill specials in favor of a "horde clearing" ranged weapon.

I mean, sure, but you're changing what you said.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Gave the Boltgun a try on veteran, this is the gun 40k nerds orgasm over? it has firepower but it barely has any ammo and the reload takes an eternity and anything hitting back is going to send your reticule flying around the room when it is already pretty inaccurate, it's good at melting armored elites but I find most of my time as veteran is spent killing swarms of gunners taking cover and the boltgun is really bad at that.

15 shots with pierce is more than enough to blunt any squad of dudes.

However:

It also makes people loving explode when you shoot them and sounds chunky as hell, so yes, i'm all in on the boltfun.

E: Oh the game did throw me out of a mission when i hadn't taken any melee damage as the sharpshooter on malice. Right at the end. Didn't get the penance.

I'm a little annoyed about that, tbh.

dogstile fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Nov 24, 2022

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Heh, that's a good idea, i'll probably do that tonight.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Mechafunkzilla posted:

It seems crazy for stuff like this to be getting patched in a week before release

Honestly, from my experience with game studios, it's weirder when its not a weird clusterfuck right before release.

Weird that they're so open about it, if anything.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

big cummers ONLY posted:

I need to watch some streamers for a little bit to get better. Sometimes it's very clear that I go down because I made a mistake, but other times it just feels like my team is not providing support or targeting the right things. Like if I have a horde locked down as zealot and there's 20 guys out of my range shooting me, and my team isn't occupied, they should be suppressing the shooters, right? I feel like instead 99% of the time they are mag dumping into the horde while I get cut to ribbons because the ranged units have free reign to go ham. Maybe it's my fault for assuming the sharpshooter will even be paying attention to where ranged fire is coming from. Or maybe I'm doing something wrong with my positioning.

I'm assuming the other players are playing little kid soccer but don't they want to use their guns to shoot other gun mans?

Half the time its probably because you're fighting a horde within sight of enemy shooters and not just pulling back to a doorway or something where you can fight the horde out of the shooters LOS

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
That makes sense, it was almost impossible to get hit if you were mashing space.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Yeah, from the vet player side a bit annoyance for me is people asking me to shoot the specials "right loving now" but refusing to keep the basic mobs off me so I can line up a shot.

Hence the bolter, as i can trade "taking a few hits" in exchange for full autoing at the thing that needs to die right now, which is both cool and reasonably effective.

Plus anything stood in the way is no longer in the way, which is cool.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Nah that's just more fatshark lul poo poo

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

GruntyThrst posted:

I hope having to pull the charging handle on the boltgun every time you take it out it a bug because wow that's dogshit. Thanks for designing a gun that wastes half of my Vet power duration!

That's significantly shorter if you already have the gun out and press your power. They just rotate the gun slightly instead.

Makes you way less reactionary tho

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Yeah I'd honestly be laughing my rear end off at that

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Wait until you stack it with the elite kill reload feat

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

CODChimera posted:

lol. maybe they will fix this stuff before release?

Absolutely not.

Well, maybe the crashing one. That seems urgent.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

field balm posted:

Man reading the feedback for this game on reddit and other places is making me feel insanely out of touch, or maybe it's just a generational thing? Common points like

-the reward isn't good enough for playing harder difficulties so I'll just play level 2
-the weeklies are too hard
-i have to play a certain way or level for the weeklies

These three make me laugh a lot. Mostly because 3 is "actual run whatever" mode so long as you're leveled.

The weeklies being too hard perplexes me because I played like 3 hours of this game last night and i've actually done most of my weeklies.

The "I have to play a certain way" is people not understanding that what your team does also counts for the weeklies. Shooting 750 dregs? If your team is doing that you don't have to shoot a single one, it'll count all their kills for you!

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Broken Cog posted:

It's not really that they are too hard, but as you reach higher levels they'll become a lot longer.

I've gotten a lot more "High complexity" missions on my 30 this week, some of which are "Complete 25 missions" and "Pick up 25 Scriptures", which can be pretty time consuming, and make high level people speedrun level 2 and 3 missions just to complete them. Especially considering how the random mission system works.

I can see 25 scriptures being a tad silly, at an average of 20 minutes per mission, even if you only pick scriptures missions its still 3 hours and hoping you absolutely find them every run.

Imo, if they tone down the scriptures and complete x missions ones, the weeklies are in a good place.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I just want to be able to tacticool a lasgun.

Let me chuck on a torch and sights no matter the variant. poo poo, give me an "alt special" and let me choose between a bash and a bayonet. I know it won't happen but it'd be nice.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Fishstick posted:

More weapon customisation also comes with risks

You're not supposed to advertise your heresy.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I've been trying to keep most of my games at 60 just because I know going higher for even one game is going to make me want to spend more money on a new GPU. It's impossible to go back once you've seen higher.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Thanks to trying to run for that "don't ever get hit in melee" penance I barely noticed the toughness changes anyway :v: so I was just running malice last night.

Definitely got one shot when i tried a 5 game.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Explosionface posted:

Meaty-Lumpkins is having a great time smashing the littles.

That's a four syllable name. You monster.

E: Also shoutout to my friend who thanked everyone for holding the line at the bridge so he could get his grenade achievement but forgot to thank me, the Ogryn, who was the only one actually holding the bridge.

Motherfucker's roleplayin'

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I keep getting level 7's or so running malice in addition to me, also sub 10 on this character and we don't usually lose.

Malice truly is easy once you know what you're doing.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Everyone runs powersword and bolter, but you'll take a while to get to those, so just use what you like until then.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I don't see how "you lose a bar of health every time you go down" and "wounds splits your bars of health up" is confusing at all.

You have numbers next to your health, you can go change this stuff about at will. Do you need the game to actually scream it at you? It seemed pretty self explanatory. I'm also sure it mentions corruption in the tutorial, but tbh it's been a while.

On a separate note, the only thing I need to do on the Sharpshooter now is grind loot and Complete missions on heresy before I get the rebreather.

The hardest one to get by far was the "don't get hit by anything in melee" one and even then I cheesed it because the game crashed as i was getting onto the dropship after not getting hit for a whole level. The sharpshooter one is easy, take the talent that highlights shooters and use the charge lasgun. The ammo one is harder but i got that legit with the shotgun, after finishing a 100% accuracy mission with the plasma gun and it had precisely 1 shot left.

The shotgun works pretty fine because you just fire into hordes and only load up your alt fire when you get low on ammo for the gigantic spread. The biggest problem is having a pub who won't prioritize ranged specials or people shooting elites right as you hit the dropship.

Or shooting a teammate who decided to jump in front of you. That constantly annoys me. There is almost no reason you should have to make someone waste ammo by moving in front of them, its just kill greed.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Fishstick posted:

So does more "Wounds" mean you get less actual numerical HP corrupted/reserved per down, and you can go down more before you die, because you have more "pips" ? Does it also affect how long grims take to corrupt you?

Yes, it means you get less numerical hp lost per down. If you have 4 wounds, you lose 50hp per down. If you have 3, you have 67ish that you lose per down.

Grim's take the same amount of time to corrupt you, because that value is numerical. This has nothing to do with the amount of wounds you have.

E: Honestly, I think they just need to put grims and enemies that damage you in the meat grinder.

While i'm at it:

CuddleCryptid posted:

Because "wound" isn't a good term for that. You get "wounded" every time you get shot in the face by a scab gunner, what does that even mean? Again as a tabletop convention it makes sense because the implication is that anything that gets through your armor/dodging ability/thick mushroom green skin is probably going to kill you, but in a game where you're constantly taking health damage it's a bit odd. "+1 revive" or "+1 down" is closer to normal game terminology than "+1 wounds".

I mean I like it, I dig that they're bringing tabletop conventions into the game, I just don't begrudge players that don't know them.

You actually just pointed out why its different. Health damage is not "a wound". Two different terms.

dogstile fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Dec 6, 2022

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Yeah, I don't think I would have put up with as many crashes if this was literally any other game.

That and their reconnect system kinda rules.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Khizan posted:

The bolt racking is the only thing that stops the bolter from being completely OP.

Even then you can pull it out as the vet and immediately use the volley talent that reloads it to have the gun skip the rack animation.

I prefer the recon lasgun (i've got one that lets me fire 206 rounds before reloading and it carries 900 shots) but it makes the bolter very good.

Although if they nerf the power sword heavy attacks i'll never kill a carapace armored enemy.

This is the only place i've found in the game that does that (and it does it consistently). There's one inconsistent one on the vault level too (in an outside area), but it depends on how fast you run the level, if you speedrun it, it breaks the spawns :v: Enemies don't spawn like this anywhere else because it does it while you're in the lift.

E: It does it if you just wait and stare at the corner, too.

E2: They literally just fixed it

Fixed an issue where enemies could spawn in view of players near the elevator in Chasm Station HL-16-11.

dogstile fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Dec 7, 2022

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Zzulu posted:

I got the bolter on my Zealot at level 13 and honestly, I don't think it's particularly great? My flamer kills hordes better and looks cooler so the only real use I have of the bolter is killing special enemies relatively fast. Even then it takes an entire clip to do so

You can get rolls on the bolter that have it do enough damage to kill crushers in one shot.

Well, two, you have to shoot into a squad with a bolt first. Then the next 14 rounds all do ridiculous damage. Probably more broken on vet with their weak spot perks.

VVVVVVVVVVVVV

Patch notes: Ogryn Pre-Order Beta Helmet will no longer apply a voice filter effect.

What the gently caress

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I'm not to sure why we're hung up on not being able to craft grays instead of having to rely on the store when crafting isn't in fully yet.

They'll likely just release it with the rest of crafting. This is a fatshark release, after all. Can't expect it all to work :v:

toasterwarrior posted:

Got Zealot, Veteran, and Ogryn to Level 30 in about 104 hours. 0/5, will never buy another Fatshark game again, time to keep up with my weeklies and join in with friends whenever they're playing.

The amount of time i've seen people legitimately claim this is insane. There's a dude complaining that the game has nothing to do after 120 hours and he's leveled all characters to 30.

Like, congratulations bro. You've completed the game. Maybe come back when they add more content? Why do you think the game should hold you for longer than 120 hours? That's insane value for money. That's more that I spend on 99% of games i'll ever buy.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

BombiTheZombie posted:

The thing is it doesnt feel completed once you hit 30 and run a few heresy / damnation missions. VT1 and VT2 had an actual credits sequence when you beat the final mission with a hint that the entire story wasnt told and that more would follow. This one just stops abruptly once you hit 30, with no thread holding any of the cutscenes together or any reason for why you are doing anything at all. I mean for fucks sake, 75% of the crafting is still "coming soon", if that doesnt raise a red flag i dont know what will.

Its the third game theyve made, we should expect more or at least similar quality as their last title. DT just feels like they havent iterated on anything established in Vermintide 2 at all and are instead groping in the dark like its their first ever game.

They gave an explanation for the crafting. They apparently pulled the system and restarted, hence the delay. I'm cool with that :shrug: It's not like crafting is gonna make or break the game, i've gotten 50 hours out of it so far without having to get into the end game of just crafting grays until one is 380 and then upgrading it. The end game taking a bit longer than actual release seems like it's only going to affect the turbonerds who absolutely will come back to see it after a few patches, the vast majority of people are not going to have put in two full days of playtime into this game in under a week.

I'd say it's actually in a better state than VT2 at release, because while VT2 had more of a "story" half the game straight up didn't work.

Phlegmish posted:

People are talking up the power sword on the Vet, and while it is good, I wouldn't say it's busted. Am I just using it wrong? How often should I be powering it up? Always seems like a trade-off where you might get hit while you're charging it - on the other hand, it's easy to get that toughness back with a charged sword.

e: do agree with Diephoon that ammo is not an issue at all with Veteran, at least for my Kantrael XII. I consider it a dump stat when I'm looking at the shop.

On Heresy+ I pretty much exclusively dodge back while charging the sword, do two heavy swings (sometimes three, i still haven't worked out why it sometimes gives me extra charge time) and then charge + dodge again.

It kills everything. Even ragers die in like two swings. It's ludicrously OP. I actually just kinda hope they buff everything else rather than nerf it tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

big cummers ONLY posted:

Read the thread? I didn't write down their name but yes, people are saying that the shop is nbd and expecting crafting to be in at launch is unreasonable

We didn't say it was unreasonable, we're laughing because its fatshark, it's like expecting a mechanic to not try and gently caress you on repair prices.

Like, you can, but they're still gonna.

Sharkopath posted:

Theyve explicitly said no crafting.

Might change their minds but thats the word.

Probbaly hear more in the next devblog if theyre gonna backtrack on that.

Yeah i'm expecting they'll change their mind on this. Nobody likes the current way.