Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

does 40k not have any rats? wtf even is the point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

humans arent cute but tau is almost an anagram for rat so maybe...

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

just picked up the game a few days ago and leveled up a vet. Bought one of the plasma guns and you guys werent kidding, this thing kicks rear end. Really satisfying to shred everything

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

are there any good videos on how the damage types work?

i can see from skills and bonuses that theres armored, flak, carapace, etc but the game doesnt explain poo poo about what any of those are and it seems important to know

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

this is very helpful, thank you

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Kibayasu posted:

As is that would at least be good for clearing hordes with heavy sweeps. If I had that I’d probably replace Infected damage with flak armor damage I guess. I never remember blessing names so no idea what thrust would be replaced with but maybe just a better version of it? I do like using heavy attacks.

My problem with axes is light attacks get briefly “stuck” in every enemy you hit, which doesn’t happen with any other weapon, chain or otherwise. It’s like your attacks bounce off of armor with every attack.

ya, i like the other chainaxe cause the light attacks are sweeps and the heavy is the single-target slam. if you rev up first, that heavy attack drat near one-shots most specials in the game

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Internet Explorer posted:

I still don't have a Ogryn ranged weapon that I absolutely love, but I've come around on the Rumbler. Which is funny because one of my favorite builds lately is running around with a Slab Shield and Rumbler like it's a month after release. It's not good at reaching out to medium/long ranges, but it shuts down pretty much anything close so well that I can hopefully rely on someone else to get that sniper (right? right???).

rock is for ranged

rock good

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

isndl posted:

Turns out rocks are hard to aim at Snipers during a ventilation purge!

throw rock better

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

i should try the nuke, sounds fun

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

isndl posted:

Isn't Shadowplay locked behind GeForce Experience which requires an account? That's some real bullshit to use hardware I already paid for.

lol

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

its insane to me that skaven arent in 40k

theyd fit in perfectly, no idea what GW is thinking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

imagine the kind of spaceships skaven would make