Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

DeathSandwich posted:

40k isn't really a game of named personalities outside of like commander level. Double so for imperial guard. A huge theme for anything IG focused is that there really isn't space for heroes, just more meat for the grinder.
Isn't literally the most famous 40K book series about a squad of Imperial Guard grunts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
So looking up Jurgen and it seems he's pretty much Baldrick?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
That Inquisitor looks kinda like Mom from Futurama

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
If the first new class isn't a disgraced Tech Adept with a suite of radioactive firearms, I riot. :colbert:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Oh wait, I thought the preorder thing was basically just the whole game, not another limited beta.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Exodee posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwuL58xeyv0
While this video is meant for beginners, there's a lot of footage of the later maps and weapons. (including the bolter which looks awesome :getin:)

Edit: He also shows off the hub functions, and there's apparently a holodeck where you can test your loadout against whatever enemies you've unlocked (though only as static dummies unfortunately)

That shantytown at the beginning looked great. Got a timestamp for the bolter?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Making a Vet just because I mained Kruber in the last two games and want to go with something different.

Remind me, if you preorder any time during the beta you'll get in, right? Or does it actually have to be before the 17th?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Maybe an unpopular thought but I hope they add playable xenos eventually. There's been a glut of 40k shooters in recent years (some better than others) and it's finally reached the point where I can say, "I'm getting just a little tired of standard Imperial weapons."

What I'm saying is: I want to finally use a Deathspinner. :unsmigghh:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Speaking of Ogryn, are there enough weapon options for that class to be added as future content? Well, I guess you could just give him heavy versions of a bunch of other guns, eg bolters and plasma cannons

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I think this is somehow the first 40k FPS with usable chain weapons, because I believe neither Space Hulk or Necromunda: Hired Gun featured them

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

lol

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Youtuber Indypride's got a spoilery-rear end video up, you might want to avoid even the title. Nurgle puppy is in the game

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Mendrian posted:

I've got a 1660 super so while not 'low end' precisely I'm rocking a mid-low tier vcard.

Performance is good! There are definitely some things that older cards don't like, namely the ambient visuals like smoke or fire tank FPS for a second or two. If you crank the visuals down too low character models get a little muddy, so medium tier is still pretty good, mess with your settings and monitor FPS to find balance you like the most. Definitely better than the first beta.

Just curious, are you running at 1080 or 1440? I have a 1070.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Cowcaster posted:

can ogryns use the generic autoguns that just about everyone can use?

Maybe as a toothpick.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Anyone know whether this game has unique act bosses like VT2 did?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Found video of the Ogryn's stubber and it sure looks to solve his ranged woes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJab35icCU0&t=75s

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
My hot take is that item power and all that poo poo is AIDS and they should have left it at VT1's coloured rarity+random effect rolls. :colbert:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Jack B Nimble posted:

Right the Imperium basically had skynet happen millennia ago and their response is to make everything that would normally be an IoT device today be a person.
Frankly, less dehumanizing than IoT somehow.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

RBA Starblade posted:

Servitors are horrifying and I hate them, goddamn

Wish you were a servitor.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
DESPERATE to see how the meltagun works in this.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

General Morden posted:

i thought the imperium exterminatus planets if there's even a hint of heresy, which given the amount of chaos infestation on tertium seems like something they would willingly do without hesitation

Were that the case then they wouldn't really need any land armies.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

JBP posted:

I love how the level of violence just skyrockets when you get a bolter and power sword. Power sword heavy and six guys split in half, switch to bolter and dudes are exploding into chunks everywhere.

Basically a Guardsman RPing as a Spess Mahreen.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

truther posted:

Now that they've confirmed that the game is not live-service, that crafting will not be finished in December, that it'll be months before they action any of this, I would like to refund my money.

A two weeks window is poo poo when the developers make promises to get you to wait 2 weeks and then don't deliver afterwards.

Post your hours played.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

skaianDestiny posted:

Psyker helmet requires you to delete your level 30 psyker.
Hey man, people just used to call that "prestiging" and they ate that poo poo up.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Timesplitters is so obviously a series I would have been big into if it were on PC when I was growing up, but it wasn't which is a shame

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
They'd either need to come up with a new intro or skip the intros completely for any Xenos characters tho, since I don't think they'd be rotting in prison. With how amazing this game's shooting is, you have no idea how much I want to play with the Eldar's arsenal, hell I'd even take (ugh) Tau, see if they can make up for that old Firewarrior game. Though given that they never added any completely new characters to the VT games, I wouldn't be surprised if what we have is what we get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Playable Jokaero when?