Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
The kill XXX with melee/ranged are bugged as hell. I did one mission with killing dregs and for 110 kills, did another mission with them in it and it didn't give me credit for any of them.

Not being able to see if the mission contains them before hand also sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I updated my drivers and then went to NVIDIA's optimizations for Darktide and followed their suggestions. They downgraded my settings for pretty much everything, they made the game look noticably worse, and they dropped my 30-mid40 FPS to an unplayable 15-25. I missed melee hits mid swing. Reset everything to default settings, and it worked again.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Spanish Manlove posted:

Thanks, I got it now. I'll give it a shot again later. Just unlocked the 2h chainsword and now this is 40k

The eviscerator is a step above the assault chainsword. I recommend it, even if the thunderhammer is more useful to the group.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
A plague ogryn can send you flying over the sides of ledges that you normally can’t jump over. Had one kill 3 members of my team (:stare:) in a single strike, them finish off the only survivor 5 seconds later.

All i could think of was how proud the player would have been had this had been a left4dead vs match.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Do we know hat's causing the missions not to count? 14 runs into my 25 mission contract, and 5 of them counted. I've degraded my level 30 to doing level 2 missions just to guarantee we finish :shepicide:

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Kith posted:

The Energized status is "spent" doing two things - increasing damage and increasing cleave. Ignoring enemy mass means you don't have to "spend" as much of it to increase cleave, meaning that you should be able to keep it going for longer with Brutal Momentum active. At least, that's how it was explained to me by someone who claimed to be a dataminer.

If that's bullshit, then at least it's handy for clearing out swarms of Poxwalkers so you don't have to constantly re-ignite it after the first 2-3 hits. Use the initial empowered attacks to pop a head and then you can stay stuck in and don't have to back off to turn your sword back on unless something big shows up.

Is there a manual anywhere for all of this crap? Or what enemies are of what type? Or what any of these terms on these item mean?

If there isn't, can some charitable goon(s) write an OP that covers it? I'm completely at a loss as to what any of this poo poo is supposed to do.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

There is 100% some kind of (netcode?) issue where a hit registers on your screen complete with sound and visuals but doesn’t do damage or kill it.

https://i.imgur.com/JztDou8.mp4

I’ve seen reverse cases where an enemy dies and there’s a red X but no sound effect, or where the enemy dies but there’s no X. my guess is some kind of desync related to the game using dedicated servers now.

I hope it's a bug and not just weapons sucking poo poo. I've been getting headshots on guys and they just live. It makes playing low level veteran suck.

marshmallow creep posted:

Twice now I have started a mission alone with bots, found a demonhost and gone past it, only for all the bots simultaneously to disappear and been replaced with players, and my notification of this fact is that the demonhost is now aggro.

My secret for having less than 15 minute runs is to play as my zealot and just run as far as you can into the level before other people join.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Sharkopath posted:

Genuinely dont notice the difference between the 2 arenas at t3/t4. Curbstomp strat is so effective at demolishing the boss that theres hardly even time for more than two waves of normals to get out.

Assassination feels like the easiest finale to me.

What's the curbstomp strat?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Cowcaster posted:

surround him and beat him to death with melee weapons so fast that he dies before he even gets to summon more than one wave of enemies

Oh.

It's the pubbie strat + have good items.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
The weekly mission garbage has spawned nothing but bad feelings.

People getting mad because they need grimoires/scriptures. People getting mad because they just want to defeat a level as quickly as possible. People quitting because someone died.

Fo something tacked on at the last minute, it's a missive drain on the team dynamics and fun of the entire game. And that's when it even counts your progress correctly. And it loving resets on Sunday! Only play on Fridays? You're never getting poo poo. It's such a horrible design

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

infraboy posted:

The worst is when your whole team rushes ahead while you're fending off stuff spawning behind you and they don't have the awareness to help.

I've been trying to love the Boltgun but it's just so slow to reload and cycle out and the las rifles are just quicker and about as accurate.

My last 3 teams have been 3 level 30s and a level 10 playing a difficulty 2 mission just to get the loving achievements. It must have been soooo much fun for the level 10 when nothing can kill the others so they just plod through the level top speed.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Also extremely dumb that level and loot are so necessary. If your friend wants to join you in playing, you'll be stuck grinding level 1->2 mission with them, or carrying them through the other maps. You really, really, can't do poo poo with low level gear. It's just bad.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

big cummers ONLY posted:

I've played zealot for about 40 hours and I just saw the boltgun for the first time. I didn't even know we got a boltgun.

50, and I haven't seen one?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Internet Explorer posted:

God damnit, this is my second terrible snipe this week. I don't care. I'm leaving it.

page snipes aren't a thing you're fine

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I’ve been using the flamer, and it’s way more satisfying than anything on my level10 veteran

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
How do the attack chains work with the eviscerator? Like choosing between a downswing that hits the head and a swipe that cuts the hoard enemies in half? I though it was based on what direction your were holding on your key board and/or the movement of your mouse, but I get inconsistent results? With the thunderhammer, I can get consistent swings.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Can we get the enemy types added to the OP? There really needs to be a manual for this game.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Nitrousoxide posted:

Weren't squats recently (last few years) made cannon again in rogue trader?

https://warhammer40k.fandom.com/wiki/Leagues_of_Votann

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Goddammit. I thought I was being elite with my cool footwork. Turns out Preacher just ignores the damage.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Thronde posted:

We found out that the candles on preachers shoulder do in fact provide light last night.

So seconding Ogryn KC light bar.

I googled Darktide preacher candles to see what you were talking about and got this

First off, wtf, this exists

Second off, which preacher outfit has the candles? Is it store bought or part of a penance?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Anyone ever grab one of those random weapons for 200 mission commissary whatever points? Are they purples or something else?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

S.J. posted:

Randomly anything, mostly greys.

gross

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Never again.

If I knew how much bullshit I'd have to go through to get this I never would have started

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

litany of gulps posted:

How many missions do you figure you had to actually complete to get that 25?

39~41. I was counting, but I may have miscounted.

I stopped using quick join and then they all counted towards the commission. Sometimes when you join a specific mission it starts you in the middle, but those still counted, so I figure that was it.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
It's just flat out poo poo design that no thought went into. 25 missions is a huge amount for something that resets every week. It's like the people who designed every aspect of the weekly commissions (what they were, how much each awarded, what the set bonus was, if and when they reset or continued, what you could buy with them) were all contractors working in different regions of the world who never spoke to one another, and then fatshark just dumped them all together into the game as an unlock at level 11... because I guess that's important for some reason??

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

I'd complete probably 3x as many weeklies as I currently do if they weren't pointlessly separated across classes, but as it is they don't happen because I don't want to get bored playing the same class forever.

The irony is I managed to get some purple drops I wanted and some gold drops I didn't from mission rewards while I was completing the objectives. I upgraded the purples with materials i earned in those runs, and the result was better than anything I've seen in the commission shop. :vomarine: :effort:

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Black Griffon posted:

I like the MW2 dailies because they motivate me to try different equipment and ways to play, and ultimately they're easy to complete and just a few of them feel like a chore. Challenges like that should make you go "oh this could be fun", not "oh, work".

That sounds really cool, actually.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

deep dish peat moss posted:

I finally got a Power Sword and I am very disappointed. The charge attack is good but having to charge an attack every 3 swings sucks and makes it feel much less efficient than the melee weapons I'm used to from Zealot or the ogryn butcher that can just spam light attack for the same blender effect. SMH at people calling Veteran "the best melee class"

e: Dagger/Revolver veteran feels loving awesome and is very strong and I guess I could do the same thing on Zealot too, it's a fun build.

My first impression as well. Are there different makes of power sword?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Level 16 Vet and I saw my first Bolt Weapon in the store. Splatters things really nice, but I can't hit poo poo with this. Gonna need to spend some time in the training room

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Glad to know the patch wasn't released today. I went and checked my hammer's new vs carapace stats and they still sucked

The reviews for Darktide on steam are "Mixed" which is the best description of my view of the game.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
The new power maul seemed to have a much harder time killing crap than my similar hammer, but attacks much faster and staggers the crap outta stuff. Great for keeping a hoarde at bay or getting to a fallen comrade, but not as hot as taking down the Ragers and Bulwarks.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
The notes said they were aware of what’s causing the contracts issue, but it;d not fixed yet.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Would be a pretty funny christmas gift to the riled up playerbase if they came out and said "oops we messed up the patch and you weren't supposed to be able to reroll until it was free, we'll just be limiting the already limited crafting even further"

fat shark would be dumb enough to do that. They probably will, too. Can't let the players have a system not be a sound rending grind

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
It's really just the power sword envy. If th eviscerator was sped up just a bit more or the hammer actually did slightly better damage in wide swings, I'd never take vet or zealot.

If you know the level layout, you can get around pretty well without taking ranged fire by sliding and dodging... but if you have a vet on the team, they'll take out whatever's shooting at you before you can get to it.

And if you get snagged by a pop in melee spawn, you're pretty much occupied until it's dealt with.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Cowcaster posted:

what, and also why

The multipliers for damage sustained at different. Zealout pretty much has huge iframes ( 0 multiplier) while the others have some other fraction.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Sab Sabbington posted:

I know it's not reasonable to expect this from pubbies but please, for the love of gently caress, if I'm in melee range with a poxburster do not shoot it. I am going to push it and take no damage. Shooting it is just doing its job for it while wasting ammo and guaranteeing I take damage.

I am so done with the functionality of the Zealot's dash even though there are very few moments as satisfying as rushing a Reaper with an evis and cutting it in half. There is no consistency whatsoever in terms of what it locks on to or what terrain is going to cut it short. It tilts me more than anything else in the game, frankly, and literally nothing else feels as bad as dashing at a tight group of gunners, stopping halfway, and getting lit the gently caress up.

Just have it highlight what you're locked onto like Sienna's flaming skull. Make it uninterruptable, it would not make Zealot too strong.

There's an invisible reticle that is used to target an enemy to dash towards, and it's , like, 3x longer if it's targeting an enemy. It absolutely sucks, and I just treat my skill like a toughness refill (which is the best part of the skill).

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Been playing ogryn, and the grenades are fun, but you get far too few of them, and I really can't justify taking them from my teammates

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

widespread posted:

That uh... seems pretty unfortunate to have them listed in that order. :stare:

idgi :confused:

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
3/4 of my characters I named using the name generator. I’ve partied with at least 3 other Haks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

mllaneza posted:

And FYI, what I've heard is that 2xxx series Nvidia cards are the most stable, and it's the people with 3xxxx series cards that have a bad time. I have an RTX 2060, and I haven't had a crash or a disconnect since the first beta, sand just one then. My post-launch experience has been solid FPS and rock stable gameplay.

:same:, for everything in this post