Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...

Open Marriage Night posted:

Hopefully this leads to them announcing the Gen 1 and 2 games coming to the Switch. I'd drop everything to play Red and Silver again on my tv.
Funnily enough, my copy of Pokémon Gold (with a fresh, resoldered save battery) is what's sitting inside my Game Boy Player right now. I was using it to breed Pokémon to send back to Stadium (1) to beat the last unbeaten parts about two or three years back. Still need to do the same with 2.

WarpDogs posted:

I'm sure most people know this by now, but 3DS homebrew is very easy and risk free. You can easily dump your save files and then use PKHEX to drag-and-drop pokemons between them. you don't need to do anything illegitimate and PKHEX handles legality checks as a failsafe

It's also what I used to pull my Pokémon Pearl save out of Battle Revolution, to reinject into a different card, once my original one died on me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Flopsy posted:

Oooh! You know I'm quite interested in this one actually. See I'm content with the Descidueye and Samurott I have in legends Arceus (although I did catch the 7 star owl in a moon ball to breed a shiny later on) but the possibility of getting a hisuian typhlosion in a love ball is tempting! drat shame master ball doesn't pass down though. Every now and again I get these colors that would just be a perfect fit but the dang ball don't mesh with breeding mechanics.
Yep; your best tactic would be using Sun and Moon's Island Scan on a Sunday for that, presuming that you have a Master Ball back in those games, then bring it through Bank to HOME. Then, evolve it in PLA, before returning it to HOME.

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Flip side, I had a blast with the jank and open world nature of the game. From Los Platos, my path took me across the waterfalls, teleporting through ball-throws, into a group of Lv.20 Pokemon. The Lv.33 Salazzle was my first boss fight catch, followed by the Lv.50 Leafeon near the summit. After a few hours of some of the hardest non-legendary catches in a Pokemon game in ages, the rest of the game was pretty fun, circling around the map, seeing how much I could fill the Pokedex. Teamed up with a friend to help me with teleporting through the southwest cave, luring Pokemon close enough for me to throw the ball at and initiate combat. (I didn't know about the exterior path, though that was an amusing discovery after the fact.) I think my team was in the 60s-70s by the time I finally returned to Mesagoza, to see how Nemona and her two Pokemon team was. Sure was funny seeing her explain Terastallizing after having caught several dozen of those Pokemon.

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Asterite34 posted:

What's the least popular pokemon for fetish art?

Gotta be one of those elemental moneys, right? Everyone hates those

I'd probably say some Route 1 middle-evolution thing. Tranquill, perhaps?

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Flopsy posted:

If it's a seven star raid I just don't feel like going through the woodchipper. Nine times out of ten it's a poo poo show and I end up aggravated I was dumb enough to try and put up with it. On another note I have now flooded all of Mesagoza with crabs. It is the only solace I take in this self imposed hell. I have become the alpha and omega of crab and it will not end until the numbers roll in my favor--Just give me the shiny klawf game I'm 1000 in just give me a blue crab I'm loving BEGGING.
I was there a week ago, so many Klawf bred and dumped. Do you have a foreign parent paired with the Klawf, be it another Klawf or a Ditto?

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Flopsy posted:

News to me home has mass release. Was that in the update?
Yep, you select to release, then choose more. If you have two boxes up (HOME and game), you can release highlight and release 60; there's a max of 100 to release before having to save, sign out, and sign in again. Still faster than in-game.

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Tampa Bae posted:

Yeah it does, or you can find one in raid battles which just requires patience. Even pokemon like Slowking can be found via raid battles, so if your patient enough the only trading you'll ever need to do are version exclusives
If we want to get technical, while you do need to connect to another version, you can catch every version exclusive (minus the bike-lizard) that appears in the wild using the Union Circle, and being in-world near the other person to get their spawns in your overworld. It's neat having Past Paradox Pokemon caught from a Violet version.

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Treecko posted:

Are there any recommendations for a decent switch controller with a turbo button so I can grind the academy better while I sleep?

I just don't have enough time in my day to do it manually and I'd like to stockpile some balls in violet before the DLC drops.
The HORI Nintendo Switch Battle Pad, a Gamecube-style USB controller for the Switch, has been my go-to. Just be aware that the ink can rub off of the soft, central buttons over prolonged use.

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Treecko posted:

I wish there was an NPC who I could pay to erase all EVs. I have to re-work so many of my guys and berries are great if you mess up and overshoot your spread, but I need a clean slate on like...50+ dudes.

Also I miss the balloon mini game from 6th gen.
Well, if you have HOME and SwSh (and its DLC), and it was in SwSh, you could transfer it back there for being wiped on the beach. There's also something like that hinted at in the upcoming DLC for SV.

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Vinylshadow posted:

Could we not use the Discord in the OP to set up organized raid parties who know what they're doing via Link Codes instead of relying on randos?

You could, and we do, in the #raid-fc channel.

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

AlternateNu posted:

The real question is what are TMs, exactly?

Are they videos you show your pokemon to learn a move? Are they audio discs you use to train the trainer who then gets the pokemon to learn the move?

My theory is that they're just data discs you put in a machine that injects the information, matrix style, into the pokemon's cerebral cortex (or analogous body part). But the material needed for that level of data compression makes the discs super fragile and they can only be read once before the data is destroyed.

🃏 "How about a magic trick... I'm gonna make this TM disappear."

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Zuzie posted:

Stantler, Ursaring, Scyther and Hisuian Qwilfish cannot evolve into Wyrdeer, Ursaluna, Kleavor and Overqwil in Scarlet and Violet.

For Stantler and H-Qwilfish, they specifically need to use Agile-Style Psyshield Bash and Strong-Style Barb Barrage 20 times. Why they haven't changed it to just using the move 20 times isn't really known apart from needing Legends Arceus.

Scyther and Ursaring can't evolve because their evolutionary items simply aren't in Scarlet and Violet. Plus there's no moon phases for Ursaring.

Would be fun if you could transfer Ursaring over to Tears of the Kingdom, to hang out with Link as he cooks up a storm on just the right night, in order to evolve.

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Ibblebibble posted:

I do kinda wish this romhack had some kind of fight rematch feature, the gym leader after this gave me a lot more trouble and I beat them in a super sloppy way and I kinda want to see if I could do the fight cleaner without having to just replay the entire game again.
Theoretically, reloading from a savestate would allow you to rematch, but I know that's probably not what you're looking for.

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

MacheteZombie posted:

Have they made it easier to get the special pokeballs yet?
Depends on if you have a second Switch and Pokemon HOME. I can dump my full living Pokedex into a new save after about a half-hour of play, for all of the Apricorn Ball rewards from both the main game and the Teal Mask, trade them over to myself, and reset the profile in about a half-hour or so.

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Diet Poison posted:

I do have at least one from what I think is my first Platinum play through, which would be my oldest mon, since I foolishly only played gen 3 on emulator and now pretty soon it'll be impossible to get a genuine gen 3 Pokemon up into your collection.
If you have the save, there are ways to inject or import those Pokemon into a retail cartridge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

BonHair posted:

(and I would have been pissed if Ogerpon couldn't be caught because Kieran got it)
I would have been happy with a compromise. Kieran gets Ogerpon for some in-game cutscene time, cut to "Three Months Later", can tell Ogerpon isn't happy, Ogerpon wants to go with us, Kieran realizes, lets her go.