Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Salazzle's design kicks rear end, actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I'm glad to see pokemon going back to its roots and being a buggy mess

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Eiba posted:

Have there been many non-graphical bugs? It's got a janky aesthetic but it plays just fine. (For me, so far.)

Whichever version has pants you're okay with.

I think the bike that runs on all fours is fun, but I can't stand the colors associated with it.
https://twitter.com/KrakenMare77/status/1593493690366189568?t=mnFj_jZ7x_YTGkHgyNRLPnYZoxTguEGHFYS_GuXHsDk&s=19

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Fidough evolves using a fire stone

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Stux posted:

but it sliterally the game everyone wanted
y'all it's Hard Drive. Relax.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Stux posted:

its the "serious" section of harddrive wherhe they also have stuff like this lol

https://hard-drive.net/pokemon-scarlet-and-violet/how-to-level-up-pokemon-faster-in-pokemon-scarlet-violet/

lets GOOoooo
i legitimately did not know they had a serious section

Thats hosed up

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Why do you not learn flying from the flying titan, swimming from the fish and sticking to cliffs from the titan that sticks to cliffs?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Snorlax is a beast and has beem from the start. They probably messed up and were trying to say sunkern is sunflora is occasionally good?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

As a rowlet picker it is extremely pleasing to hear how much of an rear end in a top hat the owl is right now

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I've softened on gen 5 starters thanks to gen 8. Also Hisui Samurott was a minor change but a significant improvement over Samurott

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I hope more side games go the route of taking a grab bag of extant starters and giving them a regional form, i thought that was cool

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Instead of using larvesta for 50+ levels, consider playing black/white 2 and just catching a level 35 volcarona

Braviary is also available in the wild in some gens

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I'm sure paldaean tauros are mechanically good but man do they look boring

Why does the pure fighting one even exist

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

HDecidueye is good but i do prefer the og

The other two Hisuin starters are strict upgrades

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I think literally every time ive started a new game and asked for a ditto it was a 6 iv shiny one. At least once it's name was " "

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Is it hisuan typhlosion? Looks like regular typhlosion to me

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/sebmal/status/1647363761928540160?t=8H-XaVOOx2zCOC5qiz43uQ&s=19

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Hrist posted:

No, that was always a stated fact about Bank from the start. A few months of inactivity would delete your stuff. They gave you a grace period, but didn't explicitly state the 3 month limit (or whatever it turned out to be) until people tested it to know the exact number of months. But deleting stuff wasn't a prank they just suddenly flipped a switch for or anything.

I haven't paid for Home more than twice, and not since the SwSh DLC went live, and all my stuff is fine.
oh i didnt know bank deleted your poo poo. That sucks, glad i didnt pay for it

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

How many starter tier list threads gave been started

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Taear posted:

It's just a delibird though. I think if "Steel" wasn't a pokemon type they'd seem less weird to me but because it is I'm going "This should just be a steel delibird"
sometimes a minor seeming adjustment can make a design. I think Hisuian Samurott is a significant improvement over base Samurott, for example. I'm not a big Iron Bundle fan but I do appreciate how funny it is

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Delibird is rear end and I've never felt a hint of guilt from dumping that thing in the trash

Somehow making it a robot completely revitalizes the design

I would also agree that i prefer the ancient pokemon overall

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Geomancing posted:

I'm immensely happy, I dug out my older 3DS and found out I still had Pokemon Bank installed, so I updated it and started it up. My bank was still there from years ago! So I transferred all my legendaries and shinies from previous generations up to Home, as well as my collection of starters and other various special ones. I'm so glad I checked; I knew I had Bank at some point but not where.

I am surprised the DS store is technically running, you just can't get anything you didn't have already. But updating Bank was incredibly simple.
I was told bank deletes the pokemon in it if you go inactive

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

The convergent pokemon have the exact same statline as their counterparts, which is weird. You'd think they'd use "it's a different pokemon entirely to go wild with the statline.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Flopsy posted:

Sooo.... ah all the new pokemon for the teal mask have leaked....https://twitter.com/ElChicoEevee/status/1697349169977922038
caramel applin?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Mimikyu is the best pika

Also Pawmi is the first pikaclone they've allowed to evolve since pikablu and it barely changes over 3 tiers, lol. Raichu scarred gamefreak i guess

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Nessa posted:

As much as I love Breloom, I don’t really count him as a proper kangaroo. He’s more of a kangaroo-shaped mushroom.
its also a stretchy dinosaur

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Ledian having 110 special defense and completely rear end stats everywhere else is a pretty good bit

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Everyone regrets the monkeys

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Procrastine posted:

What does "Soul Robbery" do?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I tend to use the starter unless I'm doing a themed run. Not always though

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Zuzie posted:

Counterpoint: Delcatty is bad but it can't be given an evolution because it already evolves using an Evolution stone (and those are normally for 3rd stage evolutions).

That being said, Ledian also faces competition from Orbeetle, a better Ladybug Pokemon. Delibird is in a similar boat with Iron Bundle's existence.
they've changed evolution methods beffore so its not like they couldn't here. There's also regional forms and gimmick pseudo evolutions like mega/gigantomaxing they could have given it

As far as Orbeetle goes it's pretty easy to stay out of its lane. Orbeetle is a special psychic pokemon and ledian has iron fists, it'd be stranger if they did overlap

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Ulio posted:

I just got a Vuplix outside Ecutreak, I am having issues killing my rivals Bayleaf it's so bulky thats why I wanted a fire type. I don't have bug, poison and my flying type is a hoothoot which tends to be defensive as well and can't punch through bulky poo poo. I got Ekans/Nidorina and Paras but I don't think I'll train them so Vulpix it is since im on SS version.

So far I been beating the rival with Ghastly's curse and most gyms I struggled with I used Ghastly as my trap card. Croconaw learns Ice Fang so that is useful but you need to put Bayleaf to sleep to get in.
ice beam and flamethrower are available at goldenrod gamecorner

Since you're in ecruteak i think you can make it to the lapras in union cave (on fridays). It'll take super effective damage but Lapras is tankier and higher damage than bayleaf, especially if you got ice beam.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Theres probably like a dozen poison pokemon available too, like the nidos and koffing. Bug/poison and grass/poison are quad resist to grass and both types should be easily available in ariados, bellsprout and i believe venonat is in the forest?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Actually don't you get u-turn from beating bugsy in gen 4

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Ulio posted:

I started Totodile so would it be much to have Lapras with another full water type? I also got ice fang on it.
type diversity is an arbitrary limitation and you can use whatever pokemon you want. FTR I don't think lapras is the best choice here though it will certainly be better than your totodile at least until it evolves, you would have to wait several days to grab it. I would go do the bug catching contest and see what you get, or grab a poison type. I think you can get a fire stone around there and evolve your vulpix too.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Its really weird the donphan paradoxes are the only ones that became titans when they could have just made all the titans paradoxes instead of having a giant apron bird or whatever

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

It's an impressive amount of effort and it'll be a real shame when Nintendo buries the developer alive, along with their hard drive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

You can start with a bunch of pokemon of the same type right off the bat. If you find the map you can circle around the same areas and get the same types of pokemon pretty much indefinitely. The only issue is important trainers might just roll the counter to your type and there's nothing you can do.