Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

personally can't wait to wander around the starting area aimlessly only to get owned by something that's overwhelmingly strong

the starting area is giving Great Plateau vibes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

for the longest I can remember, I've always gone either Grass or Fire with my starter on the first run

I think I might go with Quaxly? or Sprigatito. both are the coolest looking to me and it appears their function in the game is also pretty solid all around too

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Haven't made it past the first route but goddamn this game looks really good. There is a bit of stuttering on my copy but I'm playing docked so its not too bad. Hoping they get a patch out soon to fix the memory leak issue or whatever

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I found a male Ralts literally running towards me so I guess I have to use Gallade given how hard it was to do this in the past lol

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

does the battle music change from section to section? That loving slaps if it does

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Caught a Wiglett, GOTY

Anybody run into an Amulet Coin yet?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Raids own??? I can’t wait to hit postgame lol

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I wonder what the plans for DLC are this time around

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

The game really does a good job of evoking that childhood feeling of wonderment when you explore. I saw a little cave like area in the zone just after the Bug gym and decided to follow that and boom, found a Charcadet

The game would truly be at that next level if there was scaling for the areas as you go through challenges. You should be able to go after the gyms in whatever order you want if that’s what you want to do.

Dynamic music also includes different tunes when riding on the dragon and walking

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Magikarp: Like a Dragon

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

You can run from trainer battles now if you want to try again later at the cost of losing some money

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

My brain keeps telling me that the first DLC area is going to be in the suspicious bordered off zone in the northeast of the map and that’s where they’re keeping all the extra clothes and poo poo. But my brain also says no way they make the first DLC a field trip to Kalos since that’s what would be there

Bombirdier is a whole rear end in a top hat for throwing those rocks down the mountain

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

The entrance of Clive almost made me pee my pants

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

My path so far has been

Bug gym
Bombirdier
Dark-type Team Star (I read that Porto Marinada has evolution stones, and going that way led me to realize that you can’t use the market until you do the Water-type gym. Went through the whole desert with nothing to show for it)

Then I decided to loop around to get to Klawf and the other stuff on the east without going through Mesagoza, so I went through the mountainish area through Medali and Zapapico and now I’m strong enough to handle the Titan on that side too

I honestly feel like a kid again going through the map

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Arven's story got me to cry real tears once it was revealed that it was to help his old Mabostiff get back to feeling normal. One of my dogs is 16 and I think his health is starting to go little by little and drat that actually tore me to pieces

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

my favorite character so far is Professor Gible

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Anybody have a spare Malicious Armor kicking around? I can’t find a Sinistea for the life of me

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Flopsy posted:

You're playing violet right? They spawn outside of the Alfornada city limits.

I haven’t gone down that way yet, but a helpful goon threw me a spare that they had

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I love how the Titan music kind of emulates the Legends music when you fought the lords of each zone

Also, I don't really like the aesthetic of the future Paradox Pokemon? They're really just all robots huh

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I found the daft punk helmets and now I really wish I could change out of the uniform

I’m surprised it took them this long to do a desert oasis town. Cascaraffa is pretty

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Huh, I didn’t know you could roll Hidden Abilities in Tera Raids. I just picked up a Water Tera type Eevee with Anticipation

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

All hail Tinkaton

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Eri kicked my rear end badly, it owned

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I can’t believe Clivegot a Yakuza style jacket toss

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I finally got the credits to roll in Violet and I had a great time. Lots of fun, was lucky to not experience many performance issues. I think we saw the beginnings of a varied quest system in Pokémon with the friend plotlines and the social link esque quests at the school. I think if we got a decent mix of side quests with their own centered plot lines in the next game we’d really be cooking with gas.

I want to start a Scarlet run and use a lot of different Pokémon this time around. My final team ended up being set by around my 12th badge, and I kind of want to vary it up a bit more next time. My final team ended up being Meowscarada, Gallade, Tinkaton, Ceruledge, Salamence, and Garganacl.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Bug-types got a huge boost in the fifth generation with a combination of Pokémon with good stats and strong moves

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Can you buy Ability Patches or are they just a raid reward? I wanted to use one on a Rockruff to get a Midday Form

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Balache404 posted:

They are only from raids, however Own Tempo is actually NOT Rockruff's hidden ability. I know there's a guaranteed spawn of a tera Rockruff that has Own Tempo but I don't remember where it is.

Noted! Thanks for the heads-up. Serebii has two Tera Rockruff spawns in the West Province so I'm gonna check those out

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I wonder if they'll ever make items that allow you to evolve Pokemon into their regional forms. Like, we can't get an electric Malasada to evolve Pikachu into Alolan Raichu? I hope they come up with something like that for the DLC

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I think what the open-world is missing is more little towns along the way to the main objectives. Maybe a side quest or two in those small towns to fill in the world and such. Haven't really seen those kinds of areas since... Unova? Kalos?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Flamigo is too powerful for the early game

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

wait, does Deerling change forms depending on what area you're in? I caught one as a Spring form, but now it's suddenly Summer form. That's pretty cool but unexpected!

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I just had to put my dog to sleep so whenever I start going through Arven’s story again I know I’m going to be super emotional because just like the above poster, my dog got better for a bit and his condition (old) got the best of him in just two weeks

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Violet_Sky posted:

If they somehow include my boi Typhlosion in the DLC it'll be the GOAT for Pokemon games.

I almost have to think there's gonna be a way to get Hisuian Pokemon in the game when DLC eventually comes out. Some Area Zero energy or something as an item

the way that the DLC for this game specifically points in two directions (Kalos and Area Zero) makes me think we're getting a curveball on something

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I just ran into a Shiny Sandygast that knocked itself out using Curse

where's the rope

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

For the upcoming Greninja raid, I get the feeling that Tinkaton might be a good hard counter for it? Poison doesn't do poo poo against Steel, so it can avoid Gunk Shot entirely. The only question becomes how exactly do you hit it for a weakness given that the best move you could do is Bulldoze

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I booted up a new run of PLA and I caught a full odds Shiny Starly

I love my brown bird son

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Giraffe Raikou owns

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Unova remakes confirmed based on Arch’s shape here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I was being tongue in cheek with that comment about bridge lad :v:

But I agree with the posts above, I hate how ILCA did the DP remakes. Stark contrast to HGSS and ORAS who obviously had some care and attention to detail in their making (more so HGSS than ORAS).

Having just played through B2 and W2, it would be so cool if they did an HD2D remake if they wanted to bring the original experience forward. However, a Legends style game would be even better imo