Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Zore posted:

My favorite Pokemon are not in Scarlet or Violet but they do at least have a lot of new interesting friends.

Same, but so it goes.

I'm going to limit myself to one past-gen mon for my Violet playthrough, make myself get out of my comfort zone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Barreft posted:

5 star Tera raids are lvl 75 mons. No idea what 7 star ones are like, never found anything past 5 so far

6-star raids are level 90 and unlocked by doing a bunch of successful 5-stars.

7-stars I believe are event-exclusive and the first one is the Charizard raids this weekend so no one has any idea yet.

6-star raids are loving hard. My success rate when doing them with randos is like 30%. Doesn't help that people will do things like bring Koraidon against a ground type, loving my Iron Bundle's terastab Hydro Pumps with its stupid sunshine. :argh:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Larryb posted:

So on Tera raids, is it possible for the Pokémon to break out of the ball like they could in the Dynamax raids or is it a guaranteed catch?

Also when do harder raids start appearing? All I’ve been getting are 1 and occasionally 2 star rated ones so far

I haven't seen a single failed catch in something like ~40 raids so far. If it's possible it's really rare.

Harder raids unlock based on story progression.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Nuclearmonkee posted:

Wasn’t expecting to be worried about matching up against misdreavus and delibird variants going into this.

As someone who's loved Delibird forever, the fact that Iron Bundle is this god-slaying "please quickban it"-worthy demon fills my cold, black heart with joy. :yayclod:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Vinylshadow posted:

Seems like it bugged out for a lot of people and only played the intro file

Song's a bop: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4DybEiz7NI

Oh wow, yeah, I got hit with that same glitch and wow this is a hell of a track.

It was funny because I was like "yeah the E4 theme is the only miss on the OST for me" and turns out it loving slaps too, who knew?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Flopsy posted:

The game is so good in so many ways it's things like this that heartbreaking. Especially since you can't rematch the elite four and catch it on another round.

Yeah, turns out I didn't get the actual Champion theme either and jesus christ I feel so ripped off now. :negative:

I do find it hilarious though that the only two tracks I thought were bad were just bugs. Pretty fitting for S/V. :v:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

blizzardvizard posted:

Lmao that Larry is also an Elite Four:allears:

Also lmao that he was just asked to use a different type so he's all "well I guess I'll use Flying this time" but he's clearly invested enough to come up with flight-themed catchphrases

I had no idea that was the last E4 member and it was a peak :vince: moment when they rolled out.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

The Bee posted:

I love that Tera Types introduce the question of whether you double down on STAB, buff up a coverage move, or flip the script on a type matchup with a defensive type change. I think its my favorite gimmick now, tbh.

I finally got enough shards to Flying Tera my Roaring Moon and having STAB Acrobatics on something with that much power is MEAN. I love it.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

The Bee posted:

Is Booster Energy consumed on usecfor its stat boost like a berry or a gem, or does it stick around like a life orb?

It is used up and thus you get full 110 power Acro with STAB at +1 Atk. :getin:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Zuzie posted:

Apparently the main strategy for high level raids are all Perrserker with Steely Spirit to keep powering themselves and each other up. Maybe throw in the occasional Tinkaton in the mix.

Yeah, HA Perrserker's ability, Steely Spirit, stacks with other instances of it, so four of it equals +200% damage to all Steel-type attacks in the raid.

You have everyone Screech turn 1, then Helping Hand the raid host who hits the raid boss with the mother of all Iron Heads, one-shotting them.

E: I'm also batch-breeding and hatching Galarian Meowths with a HA parent so if people want a murder catte of their very own, PM me.

Kyrosiris fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Nov 26, 2022

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Muscle Tracer posted:

i have said it before and i will say it again: bring back the type effectiveness quiz from SM, ask a question when you sign into online, and pair up people who got it right with each other, and people who got it wrong with each other.

Part of it is that, IME, you do far better gearing for defense against the opposing raid mon's move pool then you do specifically for targeting the raid's tera type. I've seen a bunch of grass raids where Ceruledges get massacred by something with Earthquake. :v:

Exceptions, of course, for coordinated burst strategies like 4 Perrserkers or Iron Hands.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Clocks posted:

Hopefully they add some kind of audio/visual cue at some point though. I tried doing tadbulbs earlier and their only difference is reddish tips rather than orange, so I had to basically zoom into each one to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

Yeah, I ran into this trying to find a shiny Dreepy. Fuckers are so small!

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

This rear end in a top hat is buying poo poo at the pokecenter and auctioning it

That's just standard MMO behavior. :v:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

...The fact that Tinkaton can learn Skill Swap and Oranguru's Instruct move can make her use Gigaton Hammer without obeying the cooldown period is making me want to do some real stupid poo poo involving Huge Power.

quote:

252+ Atk Life Orb Huge Power Steel Tera Type Tinkaton Gigaton Hammer vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Garganacl: 478-567 (230.9 - 273.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Huge Power Steel Tera Type Tinkaton Gigaton Hammer vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Torkoal: 136-161 (76.8 - 90.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Huge Power Steel Tera Type Tinkaton Gigaton Hammer vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Flutter Mane: 1154-1362 (887.6 - 1047.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Huge Power Steel Tera Type Tinkaton Gigaton Hammer vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Corviknight: 173-204 (84.3 - 99.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Figy Berry recovery
252+ Atk Life Orb Huge Power Steel Tera Type Tinkaton Gigaton Hammer vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Chien-Pao: 868-1024 (560 - 660.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

I believe I will cause problems on the ladder. On purpose.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

top notch nickmanes btw

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Muscle Tracer posted:

PSA: if you use Screech and your ally Azumarill usess Belly Drum -> Play Rough, you will fully one-shot him through all the bullshit. I've been having a great time with Umbreon and [Light screen / Screech / Helping Hand / Snarl], or a similar Sylveon with Rain Dance.

Please for the love of god do not Rain Dance in the Charizard raids. Hurricane is easily its most threatening move to Azumarill due to the /water typing blunting the fire stuff and rain makes it 100% accurate.

Kyrosiris fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Dec 2, 2022

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Syenite posted:

People keep hyping SV as the best they've ever played if only the bugs were fixed but like... there's still nothing to do even if you fix all the bugs.

drat, guess I hallucinated all that fun I had playing ranked doubles today, what a shame 😔

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Josuke Higashikata posted:

people need to stop bringing azumarill to charizard raids. in theory, it can win, in actuality, it's going to die too much and drain your timer out. play rough is bugged and causes the hp bar to glitch out

Hilariously it's not Play Rough that's bugged, but Huge Power.

That said, the fact that 'zard never purges debuffs aside from the first time means that you can Spirit Break/Fake Tears its SpA/SpD to hell making the new hotness *drumroll* Noted rear end in a top hat Flutter Mane (with Grimmsnarl support). :v:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Lord, I need to figure out a Dondozo answer before I rank up any further, huh.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Gave up on trying to hit a shiny dratini/dragonair after three sandwiches, but got a 0 Speed IV one instead!

Time to egg-chain my way to some 0 Speed IV torkoals, baby. :toot:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

If I had a dollar for every time someone has quit a match with me after I no-sold their Sylveon, Torkoal, Garchomp, etc.'s spread move with a Wide Guard from Garnanacl, I would have like :10bux:.

It brings a pure, primal joy to win off a niche tech decision that seems to be paying massive dividends.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

From what I saw on streams, people were using Dachsbun as a mix of support and damage, yeah. Body Press for its main offense even if it isn't SE because all the fire damage is free defense boosts, and then Helping Hand and Misty Terrain to enable the Azumarills.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Countblanc posted:

Forretress' talents dont really lend themselves to the VGC format. it excels at everything entry hazard-related, being able to set any of the main ones and it has access to both Rapid Spin and Volt Switch to keep momentum after clearing/setting hazards, but VGC really doesn't care about hazards in the slightest. I'm not really sure what you'd use it for on a doubles team. I guess it has access to dual screens, that's an option.

Plus, like, anything Forretress would do, Glimmora can just do better.

I've definitely seen some entry hazard/forced switching nonsense on the ladder, but only rarely and it still usually folds to a very angry Sylveon yelling at them to please leave.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

If you are doing any sort of ranked battling please for the love of god remember that Farigiraf blocks priority moves

or don't, and keep free wins to the people using it :v:

My favorite is when people try to use Taunt from their prankster mons at it to try and stop Trick Room :getin:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Ahhhh

So now the limiting factor is money?

Also for more niche competitive things like having a 0 in an IV for a given stat. You can use a bottle cap to get a 31 - you can't use one to get a 0.

0 IV comes up for things like Trick Room teams (you want your mons to be as slow as possible there), 0 IV in your Attack for bulky mons and special attackers so they take less damage from Foul Play or hitting themselves when confused, etc.

At the end of the day, aside from 0 Speed for Trick Room, though, a lot of this is "final percentage" detail work, and not something that you do for like... every mon you wanna do ranked with.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

HootTheOwl posted:

I am thou.
Thou art I.
Thou hast turned a bond into a blood oath.
Thy bonds shall become the wings of rebellion and break the pokeball of thy heart.
Thou has awakened the secret of the fairy type granting thee infinite power.

You can now craft tm 215 play rough.

On the other hand, Tinkaton would be perfect as Strength. :v:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

I kinda want to build a hazard spam/stall/be a horrible goose team for ranked now that I've hit Master Ball with my Torkoal and Sylveon Yell and Explode Tour.

Problem is my brain gets about as far as "well, obviously Glimmora + Garganacl, but then what" and stalls (heh) out. :/

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Cattail Prophet posted:

No idea if it'd actually be any good or just a dumb gimmick, or if it even really fits in on a stall team, but if you just want to be the biggest rear end in a top hat might I suggest a Grafaiai to gently caress around with items? It's got access to switcheroo, thief, knock off, and fling, can run either a prankster or unburden set depending on what you want to do with the other moveslots, and since it's a poison type you can give it black sludge.

The entire team idea is based in being just a dumb gimmick tbh, so I'll put it on the consideration list. :v:

It was actually already low key on my radar because I had a match on Showdown today where it tried to Fling at my Farigiraf (blocked by Armor Tail), and turns out it was carrying a King's Rock for some sort of hosed up off brand Fake Out :lol:.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Also remember that Glimmets like to hang out on walls, so ZL and look around.

Eat for Encounter Power too. Probably poison, to limit the number of non-Glimmet things you'd get.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

is Chansey Murder still the best way to level to 100?

Nah, just harvest candy from 5-star raids. Those are level 75 and most people should be able to wreck house even if you don't contribute a ton.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

PittTheElder posted:

also I'm way behind but why are Charizard (and it's pre-evos) and Perrserker banned from this?

Because they're technically not in the Regional Dex.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Cant Ride A Bus posted:

Finished my team tonight and gave it a test run on ladder. Went 2-0, first match was close but I absolutely steamrolled the second. Prankster Murkrow is monstrous paired with Gallade and Hydreigon

[Farigiraf's Armor Tail]

The number of times someone has led Murkrow/Hydreigon into my Farigiraf/Torkoal or Sylveon and tried to prankster taunt my Farigiraf is hilarious.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Vinylshadow posted:

Get mad at Iono because their fans start rooting for her over them

She's fantastic

I did that while my buddy was streaming, up to and including sending in bits cheering for Iono :v:

I'm a terrible friend.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

This is a terrible idea for the Charizard raids because it makes Hurricane 100% accurate.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Shell Bell, Covert Cloak, or Metronome are very common raid items.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Xalidur posted:

Scorbunny is my daughter's favorite Pokemon. We just beat Area Zero and got the credits roll. What's a good thing I can make up quick-like to be useful enough in a raid to get her a rabbit friend?

There's the wild tera azumarill in the lake that would make a decent jumping off point.

Alternatively, I'm sure everyone and their mom here will have eggs to spare once the event starts. :v:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

MorningMoon posted:

Pokemon put out a video about over 1000 very good dogs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pa08Y-fhfTI

That was really sweet. :3: Also I agree with Last Celebration about it being nice that they used all the various languages the series has come out in. Really nice trip down memory lane and celebration of the franchise.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Neo_Crimson posted:

Real reason is probably saving a little bit of devtime on modeling, animating, and testing stuff that the vast majority of the playerbase doesn't care about.

I would care a lot more if it was something I could deal with post-catch or post-breed, but as-is? Yeah idgaf.

I'm sure someone will post some dumbfuck take about how this makes fashion balling ~too easy~ or some poo poo but the world would be a better place if the particular brand of brainworms that make people think exclusivity is valuable would perish.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Tinkaton would hip-check Sylveon out of the Fairy spot if that generator had ScVi pokemon in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Coaaab posted:

love legends then, love legends now

Porygon-Z pals what up :D