Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I love a peaty whisky. If it smells like a fireplace I'm all for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

NotJustANumber99 posted:

My favourite cheese is mild cheddar. I only take cheese for my cheese on toast. With white medium hovis.

Blue cheese on toast is loving nice to be fair.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

smellmycheese posted:

Special “sausage roll” version of “gently caress the Tories” has dropped

https://twitter.com/DeadMenTalkPod/status/1603717844369391618

I don't think I've ever actually heard one of the sausage roll songs. Didn't even realise there was any controversy about them.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Really A Christmas Carol is the story of how the rich discovered selective philanthropy as a way to write off tax and launder their reputations. Sick poo poo tbh.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

forkboy84 posted:

I was looking at Football Manager 22 achievements this afternoon and I'm impressed at "First Victory: You guided your team to victory in a competitive fixture" not being achieved by 15% of players. And 15.1% haven't signed a player despite you being able to do this almost on day 1.

I tend to install games, run them to make sure they work then not get round to playing them properly for months (if ever). Especially if it's cheap on sale and I'm not desperate to play it. I assume a lot of people do the same.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

ThomasPaine posted:

Forbidden West was fun but dear lord it didn't half suffer from absymal handholding. I do not want the player character to yell 'HUH, MAYBE I SHOULD ENTER THIS CODE INTO THAT DOOR' within ten seconds of entering a puzzle area. At least give it a few minutes. The game would be far better if it had an option to turn off those dialogue lines. I don't think every game has to leave you to the wolves like a soulsborne, but come on I do want to at least play a game here.

God of War Ragnarok does the same thing - except there are multiple characters telling you the solution to every puzzle, sometimes as many as four.

And then when a difficult puzzle does come along and you struggle with it for 20 minutes everyone stays silent.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Miftan posted:

Is it signposted in any way that that's what it's supposed to teach you, or is it just smashing your genitals with a hammer until you realise you need to do that because it's too hard otherwise?

You can only attempt it once, and it's like 50 hours before you come back for another crack.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Oh dear me posted:

No, not the first boss, the second, supposedly easier one. You can't go anywhere else, you just have to stay in the same tunnel grinding away until you beat it. I find repetition insufferable and I don't experience any sort of joy if I finally manage some video game task, so mods are the only way I can enjoy a ton of games.

What, Margit? He's optional - like almost every boss. I also found him incredibly difficult for such an early boss - in the early stages it sort of depends on your build.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

If they were to add difficulty modes I'd expect 'normal' to be the equivalent of the other games - and they'd heavily signpost that it's the intended experience but you can lower it if you want - but there'd be nothing higher than normal.

You don't need harder difficulties - people can create their own challenges in NG++++.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I was hospitalised for a week with a chest infection in early December, which set off my undiagnosed asthma and caused a nasty bought of "not breathing well enough to get enough oxygen to live". I feel like I've got an infection again these last few days but since I actually have a preventer inhaler now I can breathe fine. I'll be hosed off if I've managed to get two in the space of a month.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

It's true what they say about maths having a hard ceiling that most people just won't break through. I forced myself to do A level maths, even after getting a D at AS level and re-sitting - and it was a pointless mistake and a waste of everyone's time.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Tesseraction posted:

20% of 100 is 0.2

My head hurts

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

ThomasPaine posted:

I honestly didn't even realise you could be fined for littering unless you were literally flytipping fridges and poo poo. Seems kinda wild and given the state of every town in the UK I cannot imagine it is enforced more than 0.000001% of the time.

I guess it's pretty hard to get caught unless you fail to notice a uniformed bloke walking behind you.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Don't litter. It's bad :colbert:

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

So does he actually tell the owl story as part of a comedy routine or is it just an anecdote he once said?

I have a vague recollection of him doing an offensive Chinese impression in one of his shows but I don't remember well enough to say it actually happened. He seems like a nice enough guy generally though.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Also, apparently she says she is 'trans' now but I'm not sure how you can be a CIS woman and live as a woman and be 'trans'

Not read the article but aren't they non-binary?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

They've put it in their own words here (click into the thread):

https://twitter.com/BootstrapCook/status/1611735748113305604

I really don't get what business it is of anyones what you spend Patreon money on. I patreon a few people and if they said they spent it all on booze and furniture I'd say good on you.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

The expenses scandal wasn't that long ago was it? Have people just forgotten?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

NotJustANumber99 posted:

The Tesla model Y was, narrowly, the third best selling car in the UK in 2022.

Can't say I've seen many of them out and about.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

OwlFancier posted:

Unfortunately I have lost the ability to be in contact with guinea pigs because I burst out into lumps, I think it's the bedding because I have the same reaction with rabbits. They are cute though.

That sucks. I'm starting to think I have an allergy to them, since recently it's set off my asthma every time I've cleaned out the pig cage.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

To this day my mind still assumes bourbon whiskey is going to taste of the biscuit and I feel a pang of disappointment when it doesn't.

Has anyone made bourbon flavoured bourbon? They should.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Sort of grim to build your white utopia park directly on top of a mass grave but sure.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

https://twitter.com/wariotifo/status/1624756720605052928?t=tPcEgs5Vn9b-lRT_Wem4Yw&s=19

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

crispix posted:

he was forced into it because he'd just hosed the country, op

By any reasonable metric he was forced, but Johnson would absolutely have stayed if he were in that position.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

DesperateDan posted:

the time around where "don't give out any personal details on the internet" stopped being a thing

all gone the way of the web ring, hit counter and guestbook

goddamn I miss the late 90s/early aughts internet

I miss the days when online shopping was a thrilling roll of the dice. You might get what you ordered in five months, you might have your account emptied.