Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

His Divine Shadow posted:

Ugh, this morning. That's too warm indoors too, have to adjust my heating curve downwards or I'll go broke. Still it was nice to feel a warm floor for once.

open the door and i bet the house decompresses like you opened the door on an airplane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

bessantj posted:

Cold one in work today

can see your willy out on the reflection

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

if anyone hasn’t mentioned it yet, get on the priority list if you’re disabled old or have kids younger than five, and if power cuts do happen there’s supposed to be some form of urgent care provision so your loved ones dont freeze to death (this winter at least)

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

this is when you find out that in RP it’s pronounced differently and extremely stupid

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Clarence posted:

Nice! Make sure the savings account actually pays interest and is not some awful "call it savings but only pay 0.1%" thing. You can get 2-3% at the moment I think.

moneysavingexpert gets the goods, 4%+ in some cases

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

OwlFancier posted:

The pro trick is to use those gift bags and they sort of get passed around between each other for years.

same

also have a couple of huge stockings knitted yonks ago which can stretch around things

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

can’t wait for the inevitable reveal that the army border forces just let a bunch of criminals in boris and his entourage back from their hollibobs

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

going trendy with the aperol spritz

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Tesla was right posted:

A part of me feels like "platforms giving away games for free" is a scam I want no part in. Weird stance to take given I'll pirate games if I have beef with the publishers, and I don't own the game any more by buying it on steam or the like.

At the rate I actually buy games though, that's probably a sensible financial decision for me, the most I've spent on video games in months is £15 on Pentiment (very good game, would like another game where I get to fall in love with an ensemble cast of characters and Make Decisions).

as far as i can gather Epic store pays the publisher as normal, it’s just that they’re making mind boggling amounts of money off Fortnight so it’s pissing in the wind relatively speaking, but they’re trying to diversify their business and eat valves lunch

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

well to those boys speeding and doing donuts in the car park, i’m afraid the sentence is…death

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Guavanaut posted:

They don't want you to know who really won the Nobel Prize for typing 'lab guy' into a stock photo site.

actually if you must know, he’s the brother of the scientist who discovered a way to make water a free source of energy but who was mysteriously killed by exxon before he could publish his discovery, so a bit of secrecy is just sensible at this point

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

happyhippy posted:

Ah thanks.
I know Logan Paul is hosed with his NFT scamming, didn't know there was a drink scam going on too.

yep and the ksi chap lost 3 million on the luna/terra (?) coin collapse recently

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

👏 more 👏 female 👏 traffickers 👏

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

there are literal videos of him beating half naked women he is trafficking, so hitching your flag to answer tate isn’t going to age well

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

don’t doxx me

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

would like to know where this 25 year fixed mortgage came from

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

i’ve deleted my tik tok now but all i had were footie videos and chinese people making traditional clay teapots by hand

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

i saw the US version of utopia first, watched it and thought it was ok/ meh, but then watched the original because you know that to get an american remake it had to be special and it certainly was

amazingly, the US version was was so different i didn’t feel like the original was spoiled for me

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

literally no eggs at tesco today

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

reading marx is like reading the necronomicon except a horde of poor factory workers and farmers with ak47s rise up from the ground instead

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Scientastic posted:

Everyone should get chickens. I have so many eggs, I love it.

And they’re cool and have personalities and are slowing turning me into a vegetarian

would love some bantams but until someone invents a cattery for hens (henry?) we’d never be able to go on holiday again

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Microplastics posted:

Is that even a bed? It looks way too short.

Fuckin clowns, man

still fits 15 of them though

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

keir being PM is going going to be very funny

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Communist Thoughts posted:

complaining about starmer abandoning pledges, lying to and purging his opponents is dumb, thats what politics is.

its basically just yelling about how owned you are

thanks for reminding me of CUKTIG though, that was a great saga :)

yep tories loved boris because they knew he was lying, but he would be lying in their favour

the opposite of kier who was lying to his supporters , or former supporters anyway (they’ll still vote labour )

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Maugrim posted:

Has anyone ever had their smart meter give their supplier an incorrect automatic reading?

I've just been checking over my account (and have had to increase my direct debits to 350 a month, jeeeez) and it says it took smart meter reads on 1st Jan but the gas one they have recorded is not remotely in line with the last reading from last year or my current manual reading (it says ~5100 rather than ~11000)

I am now slightly bricking it that I'll get some insane bill in a month or two and won't be able to contest it because Smart Meters Are Never Wrong.

write it all down take photos and contact them asap?

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

so i guess we can look forward to our own january 6th style rush on parliament after the next election? seems to be a standard thing now?

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

The Perfect Element posted:

Argh help me! I have got a new phone, and the forums are now in tiny text. I managed to change it to a larger size on my old phone, but when I review the options on the awful app I can't see it anywhere. Under 'font' I can change the...font... but not the size.

Please can someone tell me how to change it? I glazed over at the accessibility derail last week but now I'm very sorry!!

are you holding the phone at arms length, best check first

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Mega Comrade posted:

^^^ twitter wont let me see that without logging in and I deleted my account months ago

I kept wondering who this Evri was as I've never heard of them. Turns out it's just a rebrand of Hermes hahaha yeah they are awful.

They along with Amazon prime think it's fine to just dump things over my gate, cos walking round to the door is too far for them.

that’s very clever, wonder if yodel have done a rebrand, especially since it has been more than once that i’ve cancelled an online order when i found out they’re the delivery company

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

that 0.1% growth is going revealed to that everything got so expensive that peoples savings were drained, right before the slow collapse of everything

heck even turkey was seeing short term growth thanks to its rampant inflation, because people just have spend the money in their pocket before it’s worthless

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

smellmycheese posted:

This is all extremely funny when we remember this all kicked off with this dickhead boasting, unprompted, to Greta Thunberg about his cars.

i bet some car nerds are furious they didn’t specify which models in the headline

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

OwlFancier posted:

It's something that's really annoying with a lot of stuff, appliances, cars, electronics. Who the gently caress likes touch screens? Ok they're sensible for some things, like a tablet PC sure and maybe a phone although phones should still have keyboards, but why does a loving cooker need to be a flat slab of glass?

loving space nerds and their aesthetics over function horseshit.

cheap

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Grey Hunter posted:

Okay, this is the first time I've seen a photo of Wes streetling.

You can not convince me hes not Kier's lovechild.

he sounds like he looks too

it’s a good job the media still ignores most of the labour party

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Tesseraction posted:

Always love an excuse to crack out the Alaskan Giant Malamute

These puppos can pull up to 500kg each.

need more proof this isn’t an elaborate prank

more pics of this dog pls

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

i would use a cup of the purest water know to man, the water in the bucket from my dehumidifier

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

if you take an injured squirrel to the vet…?

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

how about we change rapist dave’s nickname to friendly dave?

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Pistol_Pete posted:

Naah, Neanderthals are endlessly fascinating!
I love that there was this bizarre era tens of thousands of years ago where Homo Sapiens, Neanderthalis, Erectus (snigger), Denosivian, Floresiensis and probably a whole bunch of other human species all shared the world together. Must have been like Dungeons and Dragons, with humans, elves, dwarves, gnomes and hobbits all chilling out in taverns together, probably.

funny how the most savage of the lot made it out though

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

In some ways I like Rishi because he convinces me that maybe I'm not so much of a privileged snobby oval office after all.

he was raised upper middle class so all this stuff pretending to be royalty is hilarious

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

my only regret about blade runner 2049 was that i didn’t see it in the cinema, the visuals are just amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

happyhippy posted:

Have often wondered how people back in 1910 who jumped out of the way of trains on screen would think if they were showed Alien.

And in turn, is there a film from 2100 or so that will shock us to our cores you think?

i think you would have murdered dozens of people with shock