Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

ThinkTank posted:

And the Flyers have effectively no chance of making the playoffs despite "only" being five points out. The standings are a cruel mirage.

The difference between the Flyers and WC2 is .438 and .583 P%

Or in terms of point pace, 72 points and 96 points.

For Philly to reach 96 points they'd have to play .647 P% for the rest of the season (a 106-point pace) -- or about what Carolina has done so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

VOTE1 posted:

I hope Demko’s injury means the Canucks can get back to tanking (even if he wad accidentally helping a bit) without getting Bruce fired.

I don't think there's any saving Bruce and it's not because he deserves it.

Demko being out long-term and Vancouver getting a lovely coach would do wonders for the tank.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

If you asked me which goalie once completed a game with a hot dog in his equipment, yeah Garrett would have been my first guess. He's a gem.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

T-Bone posted:

So how is this a goal?

https://www.nhl.com/video/crosby-nets-back-to-back-goals/t-335529202/c-14110956

But this isn't?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOSo4U5ZVVA&t=66s

e: I guess the Crosby was ruled goal on the ice, and the Bastian one wasn't. But they're still both in the crease and the goalie initiates contact (although the Bastian one is a little more 50/50 about that). Bastian is also deeper in the crease.

The Crosby contact doesn't impede the goalie's ability to make a save (He is already down with the puck going over his pad when the contact happens.) It's not automatically no goal for touching the goalie.

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Bastion makes contact with Murray prior to the shot being taken and contact is made in the crease and it impedes Murray's ability to play his position. Sid is well outside the crease and doesn't make any contact with the goaltender until after he's sprawled out completely to make the save. Edit: also that Sid is attempting to shoot/redirect the puck and this motion is what leads to him having contact with the goalie.

To me it comes down to impeding the goaltender from playing his position and Sid wasn't adjudged to do so where as Bastion (definitely imo) was.

Yeah, this.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Nobody made him sign with Edmonton.

(Seriously though, I want to see another Lindros moment. It'd be great fun with all these openly tanking teams if Bedard or someone was just like "Wow you guys completely tore your team apart in order to suck bad enough to draft first overall. Why would I want to play there?")

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Krime posted:

What's an option to stream the world junior tournament?

Youtube, search for wjhc or the countries playing and filter by live. 95% of results will be fake but there will likely be at least one real stream (probably russian)