Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

fermun posted:

A thread for every month is dumb, there should be 1 thread for before the all star break, 1 for after, 1 for playoffs, 1 for offseason. 4 threads a year.

1 for 500 word Rangers posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://mobile.twitter.com/SNstats/status/1598346232606375937

Also Connor had 2 5x5 points last night suck it JFresh

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

The Golden Man posted:

The black hawks are so soooo bad man god drat

I think there were about 12 good players total in that game last night. Both rosters were dire.

The Dirty Burger posted:

He goes on to say that every other player in Hart discussion plays with elite linemates or on a stacked team, but it’s still insane to me the Oilers can get outscored with him on the ice

The Oilers roster is a tire fire currently. It's basically 4 good forwards + the Bakersfield condors

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

The Dirty Burger posted:

Speaking of jfresh, for a guy who smugposts about how smart his hockey opinions are he tweeted a trade proposal today that would have got laughed out of hfboards

https://twitter.com/jfreshhockey/status/1598319624671600642?s=46&t=c87cFrnGwgiGatAJoEQ6Dw

His entire thing is to make posts that upset people even if they are technically correct. He would probably fit in here pretty well, someone get him an account.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Give me Leon nutcrackin' in between Evander Kane and Tom Wilson

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

A friend sent me this and lmao

https://twitter.com/NHLhistorygirl/status/695646039609462786

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Koopa Kid posted:

They said “instead of Toronto” but also the Jays are “fun” in basically the exact same way as the Leafs, the only difference is they need another bad exit or two for people to become jaded

The Jays have won a playoff series in the last decade at least.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

WoodrowSkillson posted:

being both a Lions and Leafs fan is grounds for being institutionalized. One of my best friends has dual citizenship and grew up in metro Detroit, so he loves the Wings and the Leafs as both count as hometown teams between his family and his friends. he absolutely has refused to care about the Lions his entire life

How does he feel about the Toronto Argonauts?

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Mark Messier GM please

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I think its pretty clear by this point that there's something broken in how the Rangers deal with young forwards. Its not like its just one guy.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Look, when you get a Jimmy Vesey, you gotta get him on the top line

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Chad Sexington posted:

The Oilers are a uh... high event team, eh? Caps shelled them for 50 shots.

They are uhh not good right now.

They're missing half their top 6 and it shows!

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Its hard to outscore your problems when there's like 2 guys on the team that can score at 5x5

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Where is it when you remove the starting goaltenders of the Western Canadian teams?

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

People get bored of consistent greatness. It's why everyone ho hums Connor for whoever is within striking distance of him in any given season.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

There's a bunch of smoke of the Oilers trading a pile of things for Erik Karlsson.

Gimme a Mcdavid/Leon/Hyman/Nurse/Karlsson 30 minutes per game gently caress it lets go

If the Oilers can't play good hockey, just give me ultimate chaos baby. Its that cocaine is hockey tweet but 80 times a year

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/JasonGregor/status/1600594134976561152

lmao

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Jesse has been given just about every chance to succeed since Holland has been running the team but his shot is just atrocious

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Connor on pace for 158 points.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Lmao Engvall is pretty clearly following through to hit him there and its in the neck. That's a pretty easy call.

He wasn't trying to kill him but he was absolutely doing that on purpose and that's a suspension or should be every time.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

TrueChaos posted:

It absolutely does matter, if the intent with suspensions as punishment is that they're a detterent and a method to clean up the game in order to keep players safe. It doesn't matter where you are on the ice, if you're battling in front of the net or skating through the neutral zone a hit to the head is a hit to the head from the perspective of player safety.

To be clear, the only reason I don't think he should be suspended is because of nearly identical actions that don't even result in penalty calls. In a vacuum 1 game is perfectly fine, but the amount of poo poo they don't call sets the standard.

Can you show evidence of these nearly identical actions?

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

How's Sam Bennett doing?

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

He absolutely should have got 3 games for trying to cave in someone's face with his stick like that.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I didn't say anything about Guentzel, but no he didn't do anything that deserves a suspension, and you can't go backwards and give him an in game penalty (and like you said he got a penalty during all of that).

Skinner went after him and it ended with Skinner trying to cave Guentzel's face in with his stick. Its clearly a suspension.

As to the two above videos, one is with Chara on the Bruins so what like 4 years ago? The other is during the bubble. Neither is relevant to this season. (both should be suspensions).

Darude - Adam Sandstorm fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Dec 10, 2022

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Ginette Reno posted:

Unless I missed something it wasn't Guentzel who slashed Anderson. That was Rakell, and it wasn't that hard. It was the typical slight whack after the whistle that always makes a goalie lose their mind. And none of the Sabres even mugged Rakell that hard over it.

Guentzel wasn't near the net and Skinner and him somehow got tangled up and lead to this incident. I don't even know why those two were going at it. My guess is Guentzel said something. He talks trash all the time so he mighta said something to Skinner to start.

Guentzel pokes at Anderson right after he makes the save. He's on the right of the goalie. It's a play that happens 20 times a game it was nothing.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

DJExile posted:

Teams seem to be pulling goalies much earlier these days as well so I’m sure it presents more opportunities

Its mostly this ya, most of the top ENG by season are from the last handful of years.

https://www.statmuse.com/nhl/ask/what-is-the-most-empty-net-goals-in-a-season

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Koopa Kid posted:

Dom came out with new player cards and lol if they aren’t even more indecipherable than the last ones

Oh ya they are bad, baby

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/CapFriendly/status/1602386792933920768

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

rex rabidorum vires posted:

He's going to shoot 22% forever!

Was checking in on Leon's numbers today and since 2018-19, over 318 games played, he has shot 20.1%. He just keeps doing it and its not something anyone has been able to do since the early 90s. (Bo Horvat will not do this of course)

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

RIP this summer's free agents who were hoping to get super paid:

https://twitter.com/renlavoietva/status/1602708808085774337

Also for Sens fans:

https://twitter.com/renlavoietva/status/1602710490345611264

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/wyshynski/status/1602711170124840963

Yes DIGITAL ADS MAKE THE GAME MORE WATCHABLE lmao what

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

I mean, I wouldn't say more watchable but they're fine and I don't care.

Ya I don't even really notice them at all, just like before when I didn't really notice them.

Its just a really funny quote

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I really don't notice them glitch out as often as Brett Kulak does so maybe that's why I don't mind them.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Starsfan posted:

I will say that it was very jarring to be watching the broadcast on Sportsnet of the Minnesota vs Dallas game from the other week and seeing the Minnesota Wild logo superimposed all over the place on the Dallas home rink boards.

crazy stat that I had no idea about :

https://twitter.com/JeffVeillette/status/1602692407790899201

The Ducks only have 1 win this season in regulation? what the hell? how is that even possible

Dallas Eakins

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

The covid playoffs with playins led to an awful playoff with terrible teams so ya let's not do that

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Playoff stats in every major north american league have always been counted seperate from regular season stats.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

OldSenileGuy posted:

Count them separate, sure. But when you're talking about lifetime NHL goals scored, we should be counting every goal scored in a game that counted for something in the NHL.

Baseball doesn't count HRs this way. The NFL doesn't count TDs this way. The NBA doesn't count points this way. Playoffs are counted separate. Records are always for regular season and playoffs are a separate stat/record.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Koth posted:

What the gently caress was Hronek doing there. I'm not saying he deserved to get hit like that, but he was being really loving stupid.

He was looking over making sure he wasn't about to get his pocket picked and have a breakaway go the other way.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

If Reaves was at all talented you can stick check and probably steal the puck and attack the goalie but he's not so bam bam bash.

eXXon posted:

Yeah but it was a really long shoulder check and he just kind of forgot to look back ahead while skating forwards with the puck, which is uhhh not advisable.

When Hronek looks forward initially Reaves looks like he's skating away from the play/possibly towards the bench then u-turns right as Hronek looks to his left. Shouldn't be doing that, but he scanned the ice before he checked over his shoulder and noone was anywhere near him otherwise. Its a weird play where Reaves seems to take himself way out of position but again its Ryan Reaves, and Hronek should be aware that he's gonna get out of position to run guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Klim Kostin owns, retire his drat jersey