Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

Skinner got 3 games for cross checking last night which is 3 games more than I really expected him to get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

I don't know anything about the dude cause I never see preds games but I'm still surprised Tolvanen fell all the way for the Kraken to pick him up. They put Kuhlman on waivers which means he'll end up on the Firebirds but I'm still not quite sure where they fit another W in. Donato's spot maybe? Or they sit Sprong in a "sniper who hasn't quite panned out" swap?

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

OldSenileGuy posted:

It’s insane to me that playoff goals aren’t counted in the player’s goal totals.

I get why they don't count but I'm in the same boat. Ovi would have 872 if you counted playoffs. Dude rules

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

DancingMachine posted:

Since I wrote this post the Kraken are 1-5 with 13 GF 24 GA. Apologies to my fellow Seattle hockey fans for having a some hope.

Truly the regression has begun. It's funny though that they're right back where they were last year where the defensive lapses and sub-average goaltending are sinking them, only now they have decent forward depth and their 5v5 numbers at least looked good enough. Hopefully they can turn it around now that the road trip is over but woof. If this continues I can only hope it ramps up the heat on Hakstol.

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

Jhet posted:

There was a goal waved off immediately a few weeks ago and people were cheering for for like 20 seconds. There'd probably be three dozen people booing Bettman if he were there. They just don't know any better.

Absolutely beautiful goal from Eberle would have been nice to see in person.

This was absolutely all time. You knew it was going to get waved off as soon as they showed the replay but that didn't stop the majority of the arena from getting it wrong. I assume these are the same people who yell GRUUUUUUU at every save regardless of who's in net for the Kraken.

That Eberle goal was sick as hell though, I think it caught just about everyone off guard when it went in.

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

Krime posted:

drat who was it that turned into a decent player after the Pens got him for Scuderi?

It was a voodoo trade

Trevor Daley. That trade was amazing given how it worked out for the Pens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

Mr. Fish posted:

Listen man I'd love for the Kraken goal song to be some obscure vberkvlt Cascadian black metal deep cut but it ain't gonna happen. Nirvana is probably the best we're gonna get

I pitched Wolves in the Throne Room - Astral Blood to anyone who would listen but could not win over the hearts and minds. I get that Lithium is an odd choice based on the meaning of the song but I'll contend that there weren't really any great ones, and for the 99% of the people in the arena who don't know anything about it it's a good enough song to get up and yell lets go Kraken. No one wants to hear loving Spoonman every time a goal gets scored, and I'm not about to get up and cheer while _any_ macklemore song.

Posse's on Broadway should have been in the running but I could see it getting weeded out pretty quick.