Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Look at the Leafs fan to your right. Now look at the Leafs fan to your left.

If neither of them is an rear end in a top hat, then it’s you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Even besides Polytechnique, Quebec's pretty anti-gun.

The Bloc are always there along with the NDP wanting Trudeau to go further.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jehde posted:

The bloc and NDP oppose the amendment to C-21 now that they realize how dumb of an overreach it is, causing Trudeau to back off realizing he no longer has the support.

Probably best to take the gun tantrums to canpol.

Yeah you should.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Tell me you didn't watch either clip nor read the discussion without you know doing that.

The discussion was wrong. Crosby is a cheater.

(The 2 situations being compared are not alike. However, what Crosby did has been called as goalie interference more often than it has not.)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They have been very explicit they will never do that again.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I got Ethnic and Genocide, but what does the N stand for?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Washington would be like 88% as good without Ovechkin, other people would just be allowed to shoot instead.

I've done the math. No, I won't show you.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I picked it because his number is 8, but I agree Crosby is definitely a nazi.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Is that guy a parody?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

TrueChaos posted:

N: Engvall eats a 1 game suspension for the high stick from last night's leafs/kings game.

V: Engvall gets suspended for something that shouldn't have even been a major penalty. I can think of 2 times this year bunting has been hit in a similar way and there wasn't even a penalty call.

You're right, it should have been a match and an execution.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

uh, yeah.

He tried to break the guy's brain. On purpose.

Give me the gun, I'll do it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Man was Swayman bad.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ginette Reno posted:

Ovechkin leads the league with 5 this year. Guentzel has 4 and is second. Career wise Ovechkin has 53, and is second all time behind Gretzky (56). The other active leaders are Marchand (32), Eric Staal (31), Sidney Crosby (28), Zach Parise (28), Blake Wheeler (28), Patrice Bergeron (27), Patrick Kane (26).

If we're going by rate scoring Marchand seems pretty good at them. His 32 empty net goals have come in 893 games. Yet if you extrapolate that out to the same GP that Ovechkin has then that would put Marchand with around 46-47 ENG, or still behind Ovechkin.

Seems pretty clear that as in all things goalscoring Ovechkin is the best at empty netters too.

Those other guys (except Kane I guess) all being out there primarily to defend the 6-on-5 while Ovechkin is just there to steal another goal from a teammate is probably a factor too.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That was at the end of game 1 in the second round.

Evans missed the next 3 games in that series (it was a sweep), and 7 games against Tampa.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sure, but other players on the team can score too. They have to give it to Ovechkin or their gatorade next game is going to have polonium in it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mind_Taker posted:

I just looked it up on Natural Stat Trick:

Over the past 3 seasons Washington outscores the opposition 16-3 when they have their goalie pulled and Ovechkin is on the ice.

When Ovechkin is off the ice, they are only outscoring the opposition 21-13.

Ovechkin's GF% when he's on the ice in EN situations is better than any team's GF% in the same situation during that 3 year span. But yeah let's keep him on the bench and have Nic Dowd and Garnet Hathaway missing empty nets instead.

That's because the other 4 guys work harder since they're effectively on a 6 on 4.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Make your player cards look like old hockey cards you cowards.

Specifically the Bure one. You know which one don't play dumb.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I mean, I wouldn't say more watchable but they're fine and I don't care.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hmm. I've never seen board glitch issues.

I've run the numbers and it turns out that the problem is, as always, Pennsylvania.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Derek Forbort scored a shorty today which is way more impressive than Ovechkin.

Also he's never done a genocide probably.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ThinkTank posted:

Yup, but on the other hand he's missed like 25 games in his career total so his all but unprecedented durability in relation to other power forward/goalscorers has made up a significant chunk of that.

I think he's missed more games from suspensions than injuries in his career, even.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Blade never met Ovechkin.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

VOTE1 posted:

Not on a “what was he supposed to do!?!” Frame, but from someone who has never played, how practical is it for Reeves to hit there without putting him in hospital or is the only real option there to pull out of the hit of the defenceless player?

Not hitting there is an option yeah, and most players take it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Legal hits can be dirty.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

drat they found a source close to the family.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Also if you leave it then the plows push even more onto your driveway.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Matt Murray lol

Or Carter Hart I guess.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Duckman2008 posted:

Jordan Binngton was right there. So close you could have thrown a water bottle at him.

He’s older than the other two.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Eric the Mauve posted:

What you mean like he bladed himself?

He has Ric Flair forehead.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Also that has been bad for 37 years.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

xG is fake.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

John Scott is the exception to the rule that even enforcers are world class hockey players.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It’s fine that’s a murder joke.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Kraken are literally a thrift shop team.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Expansion drafts are actual thrift shopping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The winter classic commercials are all Crosby and Swayman even though Ullmark is going to get the start.

I wonder when they recorded those.