Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What best approximates your holiday experience?
This poll is closed.
A time of festivities with family and friends that reminds you of life and love 5 13.89%
A time of rumination and reflection as you consider your year and the next 4 11.11%
A time of quiet, cloudy depression where you fold yourself in shows and video games until it's over 17 47.22%
A time to smoke just so much god damned weed 10 27.78%
Total: 36 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

So many of those pictures are so good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

do they have pee samples right up on stage with them?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

is that early prelims at 530 pm est

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

drat, so daukus probably won't be on until like 9 at the earliest? Suuuucks

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

LobsterMobster posted:

there was also that time during the fox deal when ariel was paid by both fox and ufc to be a "journalist" and acted like getting paid by the ufc to cover the ufc wasn't any kind of conflict of interest

Also, the more damning thing about the Brock Debacle (Brockbacle) is him getting booted also meant Esther Lin and Casey Leydon were barred from covering UFC in person for a bit and they are good and cool, which isn't fair to them

Debrockle was right there!

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Isn't that exactly what wraps are designed to prevent/help against? :stonk:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

How did they end up a draw? Why is Dana so angry beyond his usual level of anger?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Does this mean Vacant, the true champ champ, now has a title defense? How many times had they successfully defended the belt before?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

CarlCX posted:

If you mean just cases where the title was vacant going into a fight and remained vacant afterward, other than last night I think the only UFC case was in 2002; Jens Pulver dropped the lightweight title over pay disputes, the UFC held a tournament to fill the vacancy and it ended in BJ Penn and Caol Uno going to a draw, which the UFC initially said it might do something about and then 'something' wound up being just pretending the belt didn't exist for like four years.

Something like this yeah. Vacant defending the belt by winning a tournament. Excellent

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

LADS LADS LADS LADS LADS LADS LADS LADS

Aren't you not supposed to get high while in the testing pool?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

i thought we weren't supposed to sing fairytale of new york anymore

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

COMBINED UFC/B-LEAGUE THREADS: This change works pretty well. The traffic wasn't overwhelming or anything.

COMBINED UFC/B-LEAGUE GDTS: This was fine? I don't get to watch many cards now so maybe others feel different.

MY ENDLESS WORD VOMIT: I like them but scale it back if you feel yourself burning out!

OKAY, BUT HOW ARE YOU DOING: Everything is hosed as normal. Someone decided I'm their posting enemy this year and were grudge posting so that was a weird experience. How are you, Carl?

quote:

Congratulations on surviving 2022, thank you for your posting, and everyone who doesn't stay up until seven AM PST watching JMMA for New Year's Eve isn't a real MMA fan.

we're almost there yay

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

didn't know that fighters don't count as working class in the eyes of judge Doug Crosby

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

delightful posted:

I wouldn't mind paying for UFC if it wasn't so damned expensive. Without linking to any :files:, I hate the streaming sites. Just non-stop nazi comments kills my buzz for good cards. I hate that my options are: overpay for mediocre quality or immerse myself in the absolute worst of humanity. Why are so many MMA fans the most racist pieces of poo poo you've ever seen? (This is rhetorical)

You can close/mute the chat on most streams or just full screen the video? The same happens with most sports streams, internet comment sections are garbage

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

beep by grandpa posted:

just use ublock to delete element the entire chat lol

I've never thought of that, will have to try next time

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

CommonShore posted:

So far I've remembered

• That time he got in the best shape of his life to fight anderson silva and got smoked in a round and then failed a drug test
  • That time he was used as a dummy for George Dillman by investigative reporters
  • That time he had an NC (accidental headbutt/cut) against Krystof Soszynski and the scar was shaped like a K

He never fought for a title (from memory he had losses to 5 fighters who held UFC titles at some point in their careers), and he earned exactly 1 FOTN performance bonus through his whole UFC run, and he only failed drug tests a couple a times, but in a weird way he was the most median, central, average, representative MMA fighter out there. What's an MMA fighter? Stefan Bonnar. For better, or for worse.

Was it Bonnar who did like a street fighter pose covered in blood looking at the camera after a win? Really sad news

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

That's the one. Incredible stuff