Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I'm split between A and C. South to North vs. West to East.

gently caress it, C. Let's see if we can take the whole of the Med and maybe reach Persia before the Sassanids fully form. Maybe take the whole of the Nile and Red Sea as an alternative

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Rather than some of the syncreticism that Christianity had with Hellenic and Roman religion, we'll probably see Christianity adopt bits of Egyptian religion and hierarchy into itself instead

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
https://twitter.com/historydefined/status/1615567262961778689?t=YBq7TTaMKa_BUMGw5XNmdg&s=19

Related

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Truly the English were an inevitability

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Interim totals after ~24 hours:

Carthage:
A 7
B 24
C 33

Ptolemies
A 15
B 13
C 36

Seculids
A 15
B 13
C 36

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
B, A ,C

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
A

For Judaism, I feel like their history is basically the same as in the OTL, just against the Ptolemies instead of the Romans

B

As much as I want to see the potential of Christianity butting up against Hinduism and Buddhism, I feel like it makes more sense to spread across the lands of the Ptolemies to match with OTL Rome

E

Only Allah can decide what becomes of the followers of Muhammad (PBUH)

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
C seems like a nice reversal/acceleration of OTL

E
For voter reference:
Europe

Arabia

Asia

I also wanted to support Hellenism, but with how widespread it is, it may survive on its own and reform at its own pace without getting subsumed by the other faiths.

Finally, there's something tempting about suggesting one of the other big blobs like India, Parthia, or Dummonia. But the blob I want to see thrive is Axum.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
There's likely some level of syncreticism, but also potentially, if the Norse at the leading culture, an addition to the groups of gods such that in addition to the Aesir and Vanir, there's a third group called the Rumir or something. Whereas if the Romans were more culturally dominant, elements maybe wholesale subsumed just as when the mythos of the Greeks were merged with the Roman myths

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

hashashash posted:

well I'm working on cultures rn, and I can confirm that looking at the map gives me an upset stomach

How gory are the borders?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Can't believe we're gonna make the French again

If it's like a number of other MegaLPs, our perpetual and perennial enemy will always be some Kingdom/Nation starting with "Fran-" whether it's France, the Franks or some other gently caress

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

punched my v-card at camp posted:

Sunset invasion but it’s a Swahili-led empire of East African tribes spilling across the Red Sea/Indian Ocean

Sunset Invasion but they're actually following the trade currents and not somehow running in the opposing direction of the Gulf Stream

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Arbite posted:

Monotheism didn't work the first time Egypt tried it and with a bit of kicking it won't work out this time either.

Not with that attitude.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
This is just part of a longer game to expand all the way back around and capture the homeland.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

sebzilla posted:

...are we the baddies?

No, we are the winners,

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
B. We used to be a Canaanite before becoming Druidic. It's time to return

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I think there's an image missing after the mention of Yehomilk and Yavdi

Xelkelvos