Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Shes 26 and kaepernick hasnt played a down in 6 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Raiders gonna take Richardson.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Zurreco posted:

I'm all for QBs (or any players) getting more money from ownership, especially guaranteed money, but the Watson Rodgers and Wilson contracts are going to be exhibits A B and C for owners never doling out great deals again. Lamar should have taken literally any megadeal the day after Watson signed because there is no way Baltimore FO gives him anything near his worth.

A player like Carr is going to be lowballed into retirement when they try to offload him.

If the Ravens don't. Someone will. Everyone knew a mega contract was part of trading for a rapist and multiple teams were in for multiple first round picks.

Lamar gets a similar deal from somewhere for sure.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I dont think he will either but if it ends up in one of those quagmires where they tag him and he's getting traded he's going to get a mega deal.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

How will they get into his private office

Tell him you want some advice from the master about your brand and he'd let you right in.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Justin Jefferson should be mvp this year.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

adaz posted:

no reasonable human being would take justin jefferson over pat mahomes, josh allen, jalen hurts or about 9 other QBs.

gently caress reasonable. Jefferson is the sole reason they have as many wins as they do.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Lifespan posted:

To be fair, you can say the same about most of those 9 QBs.

Yeah but even megatron didn't have this kind of impact.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Im sure stidham 2 agholor will be better than carr 2 Adams

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

fartknocker posted:

Agholor is in New England, so it’d be Stidham to …Keelan Cole and Jesper Horsted

:allears:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

a neat cape posted:

Remember that draft where 3 RBs got taken in the first five picks.

What a world

Caddy Williams, Cedric Benson and can't remember the third dude the dolphins took. 2007 iirc.

All 3 of em kind of a footnote.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Best player from that first round Thomas Davis.

Don't @me

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Alaois posted:

I had to double check to confirm that Cedric Benson had in fact died

Yeah I had forgotten all about that.

That era was also kinda interesting for there being hold outs every year with like 5 or 6 players every draft while contract language was hammered out and first round picks were routinely becoming the highest paid players at their positions.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

I hadn't considered it but Carr on the Giants could be possibly good if they managed to sign or draft some receivers who were worth anything.

But yeah we're just talking about stuff that won't happen because apparently they're all in on Jones. I mean he might be okish, but that man really, really likes to fumble the ball and that line isn't going to get fixed in a year.

60 mill in space and an offseason can for sure fix an offensive line. Panthers drafted one dude and signed two more and turned theirs around in a couple weeks. Now they have Daboll and made the playoffs they've washed that stink off them of being a team where they're going to have to pay big overs for anyone they want too. Giants aren't a stacked team but they're in a good position even though I'm not a believer in Jones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Spaced God posted:

such a good week of football ended with such a loving tragedy, god drat.

there needs to be a serious referendum on player safety

This was just a freak incident though. Even a perfectly textbook tackle puts a player at the same level of risk as the hit tonight.