Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

In the "1-score-games are a tie" rankings, the Chargers moved to 2-2-11 while the Colts dropped to 0-5-10, only one loss ahead of Houston at 0-6-9. This Colts team is a bad, bad football team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Android Apocalypse posted:

Views:
Jesus, just sit Tua for the rest of the season already. :gonk:

Isn't this like his third or fourth concussion this season? That's a lot to rack up in only a few months.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Ches Neckbeard posted:

3rd but the Dolphins and Tua say the MNF one didn't happen so nbd.

Was the MNF one where his fingers went all Cat's Cradle?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The football thing is new, I think. Has he done that before?

https://twitter.com/geoffschwartz/status/1607168343924166656

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

This squares with what I found the other day about the Jaguars/Lions being much better than their record if you look at decisive wins/losses:

A couple more charts from Ben's thread:

The Packers RBs are pretty good. Run them more, LaFleur!:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/Marcel_LJ/status/1608147865943085056

After investigation, the NFL clears itself of any wrongdoing.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

That would extremely incentivize players to hide their symptoms.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

mcmagic posted:

Other than getting a boatload of cash, the move to the Raiders has been an utter disaster for Davante Adams. he went there to play with his buddy Carr and the team sucks and carr gets shipped out after 1 year lol

Not only that, Adams bailed on Green Bay in large part because he didn't see any QB stability in Green Bay in the near term. Whoopsie doodle!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Carr is also going to turn 32, and I suspect the trend of QBs being reliable starters deep in their 30s was mostly an outlier led by Brady, Brees, and Rodgers.

Ryan/Wilson/Flacco fell off a cliff, Stafford/Garoppolo/Tannehill are all struggling with injuries, Dalton isn't much better than replacement level. That leaves... Kirk Cousins?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

fsif posted:

Longer piece from Vic Tafur: https://theathletic.com/4041696/2022/12/28/derek-carr-benched-raiders-mark-davis/?source=user_shared_article

tl;dr: Mostly just says Mark Davis has wanted to get rid of Carr for a while. Gruden was initially lukewarm on Carr but Carr won him over. McDaniels made the decision to keep Carr when he was hired but became agitated when Carr would throw his offense under the bus. Tafur still believes, though, the decision was Davis's and not McDaniels's.

This really feels like a Cleveland Browns moment. "Plucky underdog" franchise completely torches their reputation because of boneheaded owner decisions.

Mark Davis got rid of the playoff coach for Josh McDaniels, and then got rid of the franchise quarterback for really specious reasons and didn't even let him play out the season because he didn't want to pay him? Tell me that's not a Haslam move.

Would Al have done this? I say no.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Time for more schizo advanced stats from Twitter

Adjusted net yards/attempt (ANY/A)

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Diva Cupcake posted:

The entire AFC East in the top 11 is certainly something.

Jets would be a top 5 team if they had a quarterback. I hear Carr is about to become available.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Asproigerosis posted:

As a health care worker I do not loving understand what the gently caress cleaning up your core could possibly mean. Like this sounds like some alternative medicine qaaron poo poo.

Hernia maybe?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The NFL charged Allen Lazard five digits for being an A+ blocker.

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1608860749602123776

The block and celebration in question:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Interesting chart.

Woof, Seattle...

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Bird in a Blender posted:

Feels like either everyone sucks at running screens or EPA is a bad measurement tool since only a few teams even get above the 50% mark.

Screens are a low-percentage, high-reward play -- so I think the better measure isn't just raw success rate, but average EPA per attempt.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Codependent Poster posted:

lol Adams needs to ask for a trade

He's going to have to hold out to force a trade (if he wants out, that is). Raiders hold all the cards here.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

N: https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1609669980890472448

V: Still the best.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I actually completely missed this in the game but I saw a few posts referencing it in the GDT. Jefferson is very lucky that he caught himself and pulled up, and that the referee seemingly thought it was incidental contact of some type (a player bumping into him).

https://twitter.com/TheCousinSal/status/1609714198732496896

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

YOLOsubmarine posted:

He’s not going to be thrown out of the league for touching a ref with his helmet. I doubt anything happens at all.

The first camera angle pretty much exonerates him. But, again -- very lucky.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

davecrazy posted:

Thibs should of been a little more aware.

He was. He didn't give a poo poo.

You can see him taking glances at Foles during the celebration and even adjusting his movements as to not touch Foles.

Thibodeaux is a perfect fit for New York.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Celebration in question for anyone else who missed Colts-Giants (can't blame you)

https://twitter.com/BobbySkinner_/status/1609629778667278336

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

YOLOsubmarine posted:

If you can’t celebrate killing a dude with a clean, legal hit that doesn’t gently caress up his brain or destroy his lower extremities then what’s left for DEs?

Clean, yes. Legal, not since 2018. Can't land on the QB* with full body weight.

*: many exceptions apply!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Lifespan posted:

It's hosed up they aren't having the Packers/Lions game at the same time as the Seahawks/Rams game. If Seattle loses that game is a win and in, but if Seattle wins they eliminate the Lions from the playoffs so they don't have anything to play for (and if the Packers win they eliminate Seattle).

It means the NFL expects the Seahawks to take care of business, and that they think the Lions will play to win regardless of whether or not it gets them into the playoffs.

Given how they've been doing under Campbell, and given how lifeless the Rams have looked this season, I think both are pretty safe gambles to make.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

kiimo posted:

If the Rams lose, Detroit's top of the draft #1 pick is higher.

Looking at tankathon I think it literally doesn't matter for Detroit's own first-rounder if they beat Green Bay (presuming Seattle wins), they'll still be #17. So there's minimal incentive here to tank the game even if they're eliminated earlier in the day.

Because of the Lions' strength of schedule even if multiple of the 8-8 and 7-9 teams win they'll be moving up like at best 2-3 spots if they lose next weekend.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Mega64 posted:

Did you miss the game where they scored 51 points a week ago?

They're still bad and missing key players but aren't necessarily lifeless with Baker at WB, plus Seahawks/Rams games are always weird as hell so who knows what will happen.

You mean against a Denver team that visibly quit on DangeRuss and Hackett and had nothing meaningful to play for?

Outside the Broncos game the Rams have scored 17, 12, and 10 points with Mayfield. Seattle is a lot closer to Green Bay and Los Angeles than they are to Denver.

kiimo posted:

Right but I'm talking about the Rams pick that is going to Detroit for Stafford, currently at 6

That would be why I specified Detroit's other first-round pick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

:geno: