Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Published by sorcerers of the shoreline

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Xir posted:

Dowsers of the Damp

Shamen of the sand

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Demigods and dankness

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Charlatans of the shoal

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Did anyone get Magicians of the Moist yet?

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Good night sweet prince

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Megazver posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Pathfinder2e/comments/11faxjl/paizo_announces_ai_policy_for_itself_and/

Paizo announces that it prohibits use of AI art both in its own books and in Community Program published ones.

I am torn on this. On one hand, I definitely want the publishers who can actually afford to commission real human artists to continue to do so and welcome pledges in that regard. On the other hand, if you're just some dude who's publishing his homebrew adventure, it's the choice between AI art and "well, I guess it's just a Word document with some stock art, then". I find that disappointing.

The pathfinder subreddits have all gone full authoritarian too, I'm watching regular non heated conversation on the subject being blanket nuked for even questioning the move. Rule breaking posts that defend the change are fine, but anyone who questions it, you can just see all their posts being deleted.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Boba Pearl posted:

I don't understand how this doesn't lead to people just lying?

It absolutely does. But some people will grasp at any opportunity to enact their own little version of McCarthyism I guess. When the rules are arbitrary and entirely opaque you can just use your opinions in place of actual rules. I just saw a guy get banned because he doesn't post in the sub often enough to be entitled to an opinion? (According to the guy, I can't verify that)

I worry that we are going to see people being forced to prove they created the art going forward, it's already started really, and since the rules are, again, arbitrary and opaque, it's going to be abused.

Leperflesh posted:

If Paizo says "you're not allowed to put AI generated art in stuff" and then people lie about it, that absolves Paizo of legal responsibility. It's cover.

That's fair imho. I fully expect companies to follow suit, and reasonably so really. I'm more worried about the translation into community guidelines personally.

Cousin Todd fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Mar 2, 2023

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

You gonna pony up the $0 and write a review?

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
The text on the cover looks like gibberish they just ran with instead of fixing it

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Fuzz posted:

That's still illicit, as most of that stuff is copyright and/or intellectual property that wasn't opted in and gave no consent to be included.

Please just don't. That's not what those words mean or how anything works. Kindly moralize elsewhere.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
It looks like the ai they are building into Microsoft office knows the contents of office in it's system for grounding purposes. I wonder if we will be able to leverage that by telling it to reference X document it has access to...

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Comrade Koba posted:

I feel this comes pretty close to the argument that inevitably pops up whenever :filez: is discussed, that it won't hurt sales because you would never have paid for the stuff you downloaded anyway.

You feel incorrectly.
This isn't a product that exists but isn't being purchased. This is a product that doesn't exist at all without being created by the user.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Comrade Koba posted:

It’s a product that isn’t being made and sold because someone would rather make a free copy of it instead.

This is objectively incorrect.

Leperflesh posted:

There's a report and some frustration because this is a thread for AI tools for trad games, but what I said earlier was that debate & discussion is still allowed provided it remains civil. There is no other place in TG to have this conversation, basically, and the more generalized conversations in D&D and maybe GBS aren't about AI works in trad games.

That said: there are some intractable positions here that clearly are not going to get resolved, so at some point folks, you'll need to recognize that you've made your point.

No offense intended, but showing up in the "cooking steak" thread to repeatedly yell about how meat is murder and nobody should eat steak isn't "debate and discussion". You are giving people free range to make abusive off topic posts.

Cousin Todd fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Mar 24, 2023

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Comrade Koba posted:

Looks like it's objectively correct! :)

Saying incorrect things repeatedly isn't an argument.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Comrade Koba posted:

Then maybe you should stop doing it?

I would, but then we would both be wrong. I'm going to mute you now.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
There's no place to have the discussion because the discussion is inherently abusive, as you can see on this page.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Anonymous Zebra posted:

I agree with the post in the GBS thread where they compared this technology to synthesizers in music, where people are going to keep coming in to say that it's not "real music". I really feel like these threads (both here and in GBS) are the equivalent of garages where amateur musicians (and a few pros) are fooling around with their brand new synthesizers and people are just walking in to tell them that they are all bad people who are going to ruin music.

The reason that there's "no place to have this discussion" is because 1) the discussion was inexplicably shunted out of the trad games business thread (which then promptly died because that thread is otherwise just people following Zak's Twitter so they can post about him more) 2) nobody wants to engage with the same people repeating the same low effort crap over and over.

No one jamming in their garage wants to hear from the idiots claiming they aren't making music, and no one in the burger joint wants to engage with the "the meat is murder" jackasses. Just let them start their own thread.

Well, the original OP is gone forever and the moderators here seem to not gaf that people are derailing the thread constantly and calling people names counts as "civil discussion"

Is there a better subforum for this thread where the moderators might actually be inclined to moderate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Thread is just full of garbage people now. Unbookmark.

People wonder why the forum is dying? These lovely people and a complete lack of reasonable moderation, full stop.