Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Hello, 2023! Now, I know you're new here, and I don't want to bust your balls on your first day, but your predecessors have been... shall we say, lacking. I'll be keeping my eye on you!

Some edits of yesteryear:

:nms:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
And when thou eatest thy ortolan, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to eat the ortolan standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. But thou, when thou eatest thy ortolan, crawl beneath thy table cloth, and when thou hast covert thine head, chomp thy ortolan in secret; and thy Aunt Fritzi which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

Nancy 6:6

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

lol, perfectly done :golfclap:

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

rannum posted:

This has happened to me but with work, it's so messed up

Yeah, same. I'll be half-aware I'm dreaming, imagining a store filling up with impatient customers and go "gently caress this, not on my time!" and either force myself awake or walk out.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Giant Ethicist posted:

The Antique Dealer’s Tale

GO SAVE HIM

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Some Guy TT posted:

The Demons of Baseball

Enjoy the show I guess, but wouldn't it reflect really badly on you if you hired a bunch of wildcard guys who fail spectacularly?

Giant Ethicist posted:

:butt:

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

manero posted:

Nancy 1943

Ha ha, get stuffed, prick

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
The long nose on Cuddles is great

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Comic Strips 2023: You've had a tough time, Les Moore

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

EasyEW posted:

Apparently they've dialed Ethel's negative character extremes back quite a bit in recent decades, but um...she's also gone through some design changes.

That last one's a miniseries, and on the one hand, it takes a serious approach to the number being a high school crowd's designated punchline would do on you in the long term. On the other hand...well, there is such a thing as overcorrecting.

Oh no she's hot

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
DO AS NANCY SAYS

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Giant Ethicist posted:

I'm happy for the big titty bartender hologram ghost

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Some Guy TT posted:

The Demons of Baseball

*I whisper to the person sitting next to me* this is where Planck Oh sacrifices everyone to join the Godhand

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Whaaaaaaaa?

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Hahaha

manero posted:

Nancy 1943

That's right, bitch

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

His Divine Shadow posted:

I read this as the dudes name is Arrow. Does make it funnier.

Next panel:
Private Arrow gets up: "Haaaah I gotcha!"
Private Easy: "Goddamn you Arrow! Again!"

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Doomykins posted:

Demons of Baseball be like "woooahhh Planck and Maggie are gonna see each other for the first time in two years" and I'm over here like "I really hope Winnie goes back to visit his family. :qq:"

Yeah, I keep thinking of that old lady running her shop in Squid Game while her rear end in a top hat son will never come home :cry:

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Hempuli posted:

The first two were way too comprehensible so let's have a third one:

Tanko = (metal) bar
Tangot = (metal) bars
Tangot (or is it tangat?) = skimpy underwear, not sure exactly what kind or where the name comes from but think strings or such

In Dutch, thong underwear was first referred to as "tanga" before g-string or string underwear became the more common turn. No idea either what language it originates from, though. Brazil, perhaps?

I wonder if Sisqo knows.

Some Guy TT posted:

The Demons of Baseball

Oh, Jesus. I didn't understand yesterday's comic at all until this one. Has Maggie's sister been seen before? Good thing there's a perfectly eager replacement around, Planck!

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Some Guy TT posted:

She had lines in the train scene when they were kids and also the dinner scene where Copper didnt show up. Since I knew she would be important, I had to make a point of giving her a name, and it matches Maggie's (they have a themed name in Korean) but didn't realize until the last update that "May" without context doesn't really sound like a name. The second part of your comment made me realize that a lot of the plot of Demons of Baseball can be theorized in terms of Lacanian psychology. But I probably shouldn't explain what I mean by that, because spoilers, and also because I'd be really surprised if the author ever thought of it in those terms.

Thanks for explaining! I struggle with characters' intentions and motivations in this comic occasionally, but I think that's more down to cultural misunderstandings than your translation efforts. Speaking of which, thanks for posting it, I'm really enjoying it.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Sundae posted:

"FOOMP" is a highly underrated onomatopoeia.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

:china:

I like that Estelle gets to be happy with hot vet, but I'm waiting for a rug pull.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

:neckbeard:

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Oh God don't do this little guy

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Hahaha

"/:smug:"

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

lol, love it

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Giant Ethicist posted:

The end!
Edit: Oh! Here's the Mangadex link if you want to share / reread / throw it some likes: https://mangadex.org/title/a397c8b4-28c2-4b0e-a8a0-f2a5faadb3ab/the-tale-of-the-antique-dealer-an-uramachi-sakaba-side-story

Yessss I'll take it

Hwurmp posted:

goddamnit they never smooched :argh:

they did, I saw them do it

Be careful little bread

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Zereth posted:

Guy. Uramachi Sakaba isn't over. It's the one-shot starring the antiques dealer that's over.

IIRC it is on hiatus though

Of course, we're now heading into the Wedding Arc.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Some Guy TT posted:

The Demons of Baseball

Ooof

Can't wait for more

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

JethroMcB posted:

I keep thinking about how miserable the Big Bread's life must have been if all it took was Um Bread sharing a little porridge with him to convince him "Well, that does it. I'm going to kill that Dr. Birb at the cost of my own life."

I think it was a Frankenstein's monster situation for Big Bread. Poor guy.

:haibrow:

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
God, everyone in Luann is such an awful person

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

I feel like this 'arc' was written months ago when people like me were freaking out about Wilbur continuously being allowed to torture Estelle, and now this is an apology.

I am cancelling my newspaper!!

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Great. "If I can't have you, no-one will."

Get hosed, shorty.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Julet Esqu posted:

We suffered through a whole plotline where Bets and her roommates made their very own gently caress tent and official gently caress schedule for their dorm and now they don't even use it.

Luann

I am CANCELLING MY NEWSPAPER

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Murdstone posted:

The Phantom

Jesus dude, who knows, just get out of there

Do you want to die

Julet Esqu posted:

Thread, I regret to inform you that we are about to witness Gunther losing his virginity.

Luann

Bets will stream it live on Twitch

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
The creeps are horrible. Thank you for posting them again.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

"Yes but Wilbur is really such a good person and he..."
"I am NOT getting back together with Wilbur!"
"We shall see. We. Shall. See."

Hang on a second...

quote:

(dec 1, 2021)

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Hostile V posted:

Crisis on Infinite Frogs

"Quit gettin' mad at video games" is still solid advice, I feel.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

SuperKlaus posted:

When does Archie pivot to pivoting between Betty and Veronica? That 50s parody strip was mocking him for having a hard time choosing (because it called them identical) but in this early stuff he almost totally disregards Betty.

It's because Veronica has that Bettie Page thing going on :sweatdrop:

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

manero posted:

Nancy 1943

2/17

Sluggo is based

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidspackage
May 16, 2007