Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

Selachian posted:

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 7/22-24/40

This is rapidly becoming one of my favorite comics in the thread.

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

I appreciate the dig at Little Orphan Annie in here.

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

readingatwork posted:

Dunce

He burned the what now?
I think these may be machine translated. The norwegian word "snipp" has different meanings in different contexts. The norwegian name for those cookies is "sirupssnipper", which would more accurately be translated as "syrup cuts" or "syrup snips". The translation seems to instead be based on "skjortesnipp" - "shirt collar".

There was also a similar thing a few weeks ago where they had a great tit in the yard which insisted it only wanted to eat beef. This is a pun on their norwegian name, "kjøttmeis" more literally translates to "meat tit".

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

EasyEW posted:

Out Our Way (February 5-7, 1942)

Huh.
This actually predates The Bear That Wasn't by four years.

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

"So...should we do something about this?"
"nah"

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

Ahh, those were the days.
"I don't know what that is, better shoot it just to be safe."

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

readingatwork posted:

Peanuts Through the Ages (Jan 13-18, 1964)

Who the heck is this kid?

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

don't doxx me

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

I think Aldo has cut his hair since we last saw him.

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

The book isn't getting published.
The book is coming.

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

EasyEW posted:

Out Our Way (January 6, 1943)

Is that the first OOW cat we've seen?

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

There's something darkly hilarious about this comic, which I'm pretty sure is unintentional.

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

Kazinsal posted:

Scary Go Round (December 22-25, 2003)

Okay, I have to ask whether or not this is an actual british christmas special.

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

maltesh posted:

And, at least according to the Wikipedia article, that border collie is presumably still married to the state governor.

Thank you, that clears things up.

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

PainterofCrap posted:

That kid absolutely will not want to go home with his parents, not least based on the family dynamic (if you can call it that) we've previously been given.

Curious if the young lady will be reunited with her actual family since it seems the abduction thing is a repeat with this woman.

I got the imression that the older girl was her actual daughter, who she didn't want to raise either. Hence her showing up with the boy being met with "What, again?"

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

amigolupus posted:

3-4 IRL years of this loving prophecy, gone right down the drain because these two decide to be utter morons right at the finish line.

Come to think of it - didn't we have another Phantom storyline with a "you are going to die" prophecy, years before this one? IIRC that one ended with the Pahntom ignoring the prophecy completely, and Mozz sending Babudan to kill the guy who would have shot him.

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

Selachian posted:

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil

"I'll sell gasoline...from a gas station! They'll never suspect a thing!"

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

Selachian posted:

Brenda Starr

"How sad. Oh, well." :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

Endless Mike posted:

THORN, November 16-19, 1982

This guy looks like a caricature of somebody, but I have no idea who.