Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Hostile V posted:

As always reposting my favorite edit:

I'm a bit surprised that "if you don't understand Arlo and Janis' punchline, they're talking about loving" didn't make it into the OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Selachian posted:

Archie 2/11-13/46
drat, that's a fine Jughead smirk. I'm more familiar with the standardized, simplified Dan DeCarlo style on Archie, and it's amazing how much better Montana is.

Agreed. I like the clean, realistic art style.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

An eight-six stack of cheeseburgers, maybe.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Some Guy TT posted:

I'm extremely irritated that this is basically the only time we've ever seen Ed express a sincere, spontaneous interest in physical fitness and his wife is making GBS threads all over him because she believes, simultaneously, that pole vaulting is disproportionately dangerous compared to other physical activities and also that it's a dumb sport for babies.

It's because the only "eight six" Ed cleared in college was a stack of cheeseburgers.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

What a totally normal and loving family the Kudlicks are... gently caress sake!

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

If you're enough of a do-gooder that you're hunting down a cop to tell them, "Hey, I ran that red light back there", I'll think you're a simpleton too.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

They're not even taking potshots at Dustin this time and it's about the worst that strip has ever been. Almost everyone save for possibly Dustin himself is a massive piece of poo poo.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

EasyEW posted:

Peanuts (January 13, 1976)

Green Intern posted:

It's about Fuckin'

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Tag yourself, I'm flunkin' my junk.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Because it's written from the perspective of a Boomer rear end in a top hat.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

The writer of this strip has to be one of the most sour and unlikeable Boomers you could imagine.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Stultus Maximus posted:

Have you seen his work in the Politoons thread?

Yup.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Applebee's seems more Ed's style.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

riderchop posted:

For Better or For Worse

When I was a baby, I'm told I somehow managed to swallow a Band-Aid. My mom freaked out but someone - a pediatrician, I guess - told her that I'd be fine and that she'd see the Band-Aid again. Sure enough, she did and I turned out fine*.

That said, I was watched a whole lot more closely than April seems to be...

* As 'fine' as someone who ended up on SA, I suppose.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

A Very Special Gil Thorp on vaping.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

EasyEW posted:

Crankshaft

The last panel (which probably would be a good avatar) is the entire thread's reaction to Crankshaft's "punchlines".

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

readingatwork posted:

Calvin and Hobbes (Nov 30 - Dec 1, 1992)

CEOs do it all the time, Susie.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Kelley and/or Parker just learned about Wordle yesterday but still feels a need to be smug about it.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Jan 25, 2023

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Because they're white, the Kudlicks survived this encounter with the police.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Just because ridiculously elaborate prom invitations are a trend doesn't mean that they beat the direct approach of just asking the woman.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I know we all have an issue with Foob, but today's is pretty cute. That's the kind of thing my dad would have probably done when I was April's age.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Strontium posted:

Take It From the Tinkersons

This is why I don't make resolutions for the New Year: they're just made to be broken.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Murdstone posted:

Rex Morgan MD

They'll hear "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" coming from Sarah's room and assume that she's just talking in her sleep.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

EasyEW posted:

Sally Forth

Nice of the Forths to invite Kent and Jodi from Pelican Town to their party. I guess Kent decided he could take a break from mailing bombs to the farmer down the road to attend.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Feb 9, 2023

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Bitching about everyone getting a Valentine seems like a spinoff of the classic "participation trophy" Boomer bogeyman. Only a completely out of touch old guy would possibly give a poo poo about something like that, which is why it's a topic in Dustin.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

That's probably the best way to handle a Wilbur: refuse to let their personal drama into your life.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I half expect someone to turn it into a gif where Wilbur pops around the side of the windowpane.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

:perfect:

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Powered Descent posted:

The Family Circus

:3:

Actually not a bad Family Circus today.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Endless Mike posted:

Jeremy is in high school, so no older than 18, but doesn't really talk about college applications or anything, so we'll say he's 17, which meant he was born in 1997 when this was published. Must have been some fun retro show his parents went to for kicks.

In a Zits treasury book I have, Jeremy lists his birth date as July, 1984, which would make him my age. The strip's been running so long now (my book's from ~2004?) that Jeremy, Walt and Connie have gotten the Simpsons treatment when it comes to their ages.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I for one welcome or new Kevulon overlord.

As someone who never really made great grades (and whose grades often didn't reflect his intelligence/mastery of the material), I actually kind of dig this storyline. It's nice for the 'nerdy' kid to get knocked off of his perch once in a while by the 'slacker'.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Feb 23, 2023

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Green Intern posted:

Wouldn't it be swell if anyone check in on Dustin to make sure he was awake for his big interview?

Nonsense, Dustin needs to pick himself up by the bootstraps.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Esplanade posted:

I think you accidentally posted two consecutive Mary Worths here.

"If you have a Wilbur problem, if no one else can help and if you can find him....
maybe you can hire The Phantom"

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

EasyEW posted:

Crankshaft

It's a loving Facebook profile! Just write something; who cares?

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

riderchop posted:

For Better or For Worse

Ah, so now we know the origin story of Lynn's kids being left out in the snow: they messed up her kitchen.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I'm with Kevin. :colbert:

quote:

Calvin and Hobbes (Feb 22-25, 1993)

Growing up with Calvin and Hobbes you don't realize sometimes how much it was written in a different time, and how things have changed since its run...

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Kazinsal posted:

Tauhid's hometown newspaper has picked it up as well to replace Dilbert. https://www.instagram.com/p/CpVfMBoNmUn/?hl=en

They traded up for sure.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Raskolnikov38 posted:

just put her in a lovely home if everyone hates her

Shady Pines probably has an available room...

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

EasyEW posted:

Crankshaft, powered by 120% pure Boomer energy.

"I'm sick of people taking sides in the court of public opinion"

:rolleyes:

Shut up, old man. They're not wrong that nobody ever changes their mind in a Facebook argument, but "court of public opinion" is one of those phrases that screams 'douchebag opinion incoming' to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Your first hint should have been "beloved son", Dustin.