Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
So I just want to be sure in Demons, main dude Planck told his gf he'd be back after a year of training, and it's been like 4 years now, and she moved on and got married and had a kid but we're supposed to hate her for that, right? Instead of finding her annoying because all she's done is cry and scream his name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
That Jughead panel is awesome.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Green Intern posted:

I've been thinking pretty much this exact thing about this strip's premise. If you're just invisible, with no other abilities or self-preservation, you're probably going to get hit by a lot of cars and people walking around and stuff.

There was some family hero show I remember from years ago called No Ordinary Family where the mom had superspeed. Awesome, cool. So she was racing around finding bad guy poo poo out and escaping and...never wore a loving mask because why would she need a mask or way to hide herself?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
the Dustin storyline is.....very weird.

Gonna go read A Problem With Jamal from the first comic, then come back and hopefully find Dustin's dad has learned his lesson never to try new things.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I love the looks on the twins' faces in Val. A mix of "oh dear" and "these fuckers are yolo I cannot wait."

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Alhazred posted:

But again, it makes the Phantom and Mozz look stupid for not realizing they could bring their personal army to the prison.

I prefer the idea that Mozz told Gurran all the prophecy poo poo because he wanted to look cool, and Gurran went "Yeah nope" and called up the army.

edit: Val, I love you man, but sometimes I think you need to let one rear end in a top hat who kidnaps your son/wife live, just so the word spreads that if you gently caress with Val's family, you will die tired or in a hole.

Cowslips Warren fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Jan 12, 2023

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Mary Worth was an edit, right? There's no way that was real.

Uh, did anyone get the twins from the boat in Val?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I am surprised by how funny Archie is.

And Val, seriously, pull a Kronar and let just ONE live.

NSWF but Konar's last adventure (I still want an update on his son): https://www.oglaf.com/dark-miasma/

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

I have to admit, I am super glad that Ces is tackling this issue. I was kind of aggravated with the strips where Hil found Steve in the woods over the holidays and it at first seemed like they were suggesting that all her problems were magically solved when she got that photo, especially given the build-up beforehand.

Same here. Be way too easy to pull a Funky magic "let's call Clinton to stop ICE" strip or two to make the problems go away.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I do like how the king in Val debates about hurting Aleta. No, we don't hurt high quality!

And he does go all out in his dance. A jerk rear end in a top hat regardless but the dude tries.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
of all the stupid poo poo in K&K, and nearly all of it is, I do not understand why the titled couple is so loving special when almost EVERY COUPLE IN THIS STRIP IS PREY/PREDATOR.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Jughead is awesome cause he gives no fucks about dates, the silly poo poo his friends get up to, only food. I admire his honesty.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Medenmath posted:

She helped him rescue his wife from this same prison, so he owes her I guess. I'm disappointed in how they're handling her as I remember her being less crazy, but it's also been like fifteen years since that storyline so maybe I'm misremembering her.

drat I remember that storyline, it was loving intense. I still wonder what happened to the guard who had Diana escape on her watch...

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I like how Val's kids are loving with weapons, but at least he's nearby in case they get hurt.

Lynn, meanwhile, gives a toddler back a button she presumably just poo poo out?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I can't remember, but does Planck know Maggie moved on and got married and had a kid because he LITERALLY DISAPPEARED FOR YEARS WITHOUT CONTACT?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

PainterofCrap posted:

She's the strip's Pepe Le Pew.

always has to be a rather unattractive girl, doesn't it? This strip, the dog from Poncho, etc.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Prince Arn is lucky as gently caress his aunts aren't around. Katwin would slap the poo poo outta him, and Tillicum would be very very angry. Imagine Bolthar!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Murdstone posted:

Special Guest Artist Brooke McEldowney.

you shut your piehole.

Beautiful ending to a great story. I still want to know more about the lizard dude though, I think he's the only one we ever saw.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
FOOB is worse than brooke's poo poo. I said it. I meant it. Brooke understand nothing but Lynn understands she is mom and therefore long suffering and always right.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I don't say it enough but Blueberry is really good. Between Val and Blue, the art is loving amazing. I can't say who is better because gently caress, they both are great.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Prince Arn, you are drat lucky Katwin and Tillicum are not here. or your mom. I get the feeling she would not leave so quietly.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I never got the real answer to the truth/lie guards in Popeye. I do like how they handle it.

And I do like how the standard D&D player does:

Barbarian beats one guard to death. Asks the other if that guard is dead. Now we know who the liar is.

Yeah FOOB Daddy reading was cute. Broken clock and all that.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Oh god I forgot Working Daze existed.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Arn: One day I shall become a king and be okay with women and children burned at stake because of political reasons!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo that spoilered comic.

I mean I assumed racist like Out Our Way not....that.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

maltesh posted:

Had a hunch, did some googling. Both monsteras and snake plants can self-pollinate.

Don't you put that idea to Holbrook.

Just don't.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

Forgive my inattention but was there a giant time skip?

we get two Vals, one is the past when he started out (and he's currently telling his kids about some of his adventures) and then the sunday present day, where Arn is a pure poo poo fine with women and children burned at stake and Katwin would smack the poo poo out of him.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Ugh this Crabgrass thing is just dumb now. It feels like a Holbrook poo poo.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
What...what Ronald Dahl stuff?

Do I want to know?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Mercury Hat posted:

:goofy: I'm gonna guess this storyline doesn't end with the teacher getting fed into a wood chipper.

yeah this is really something where Mary should meddle this fucker over a cliff.

And goddamn it Retail, Cooper is such a whiny baby. "Why can't we tell people we're dating? YOU'RE ASHAMED OF ME."

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
So for Adams, what was the final loving straw that broke this, because he's been such an rear end in a top hat for so long?

I mean even Elon Musk is saying the media is racist against whites so....it's probably something like that, isn't it. poo poo about bringing back slavery or something.

I just don't get it. Maybe because I've never been in that position, but I see idiots like the Dilbert guy and the lady that was on Mandalorian, and both of them went full chud screaming, and lost out on all kinds of insane money. WHY. Take the loving money!

And I am sure the creature in Legends of the Heights is based on mythology but I swear it just looks like a My Little Pony FiM OC rip.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I love Jughead. He's just about the food, girl. He don't want nothing else.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I don't know how to feel about Demons anymore. Planck done hosed up with her but we're supposed to think she should have waited for him?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Powered Descent posted:

Big ol' continuity error in this one.

what's that?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

~Coxy posted:

The Phantom

I appreciate this, thank you.

drat the look on her face.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

somepartsareme posted:

really steams my beans when the art in my cartoons isn't well-defined enough for me to be able to definitively make out the gender of twelve year olds

the only reason i would say otherwise is because the kid in question likes a girl but doesn't want her mom to know she's gay yet? also there were the strips where she was trying to impress her crush without knowing if her crush liked girls or not.

i'm still trying to figure out if the girl with the heart on her face has that as a tattoo or she's a teen so it's a sticker.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
So am I bad at seeing things or is Axa in Modesty Blaise?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

goatface posted:

Good lord, how dead that man is.

where are the kids in all this?

Tillicum would kill a bitch before he locked Aleta in a firebox.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Hwurmp posted:

what about the rabbits who look like rats but had to become turtles to date bears

excuse me, those bears are actually rats disguised as rabbits so they could date turtles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I mean it makes sense for Val not to kill these fuckers until he's gotten some repairs out of them.

It's like when you have to Valiant someone, you make them dig the hole first. Their hole. It'll save the wear on your back and knees.