Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Usu Kai Ken
Oct 2, 2021
First page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Usu Kai Ken
Oct 2, 2021

JediTalentAgent posted:

It's about family.

Nuuuukiiiieeeee

Miiiiikoooooo

Usu Kai Ken
Oct 2, 2021
The fact that the guy who sold the vhs is literally the guy who played Biff is pretty funny

It’s like if instead of a sports almanac he got access to some manchild subreddit

Usu Kai Ken fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jan 1, 2023

Usu Kai Ken
Oct 2, 2021
If some guy bought up every single bitcoin right after it was invented, crypto as a concept would not exist by now

Usu Kai Ken
Oct 2, 2021
The crazy part is that Harrison Ford wasn’t even supposed to be in the movie. He just crash landed on the set one day and refused to leave.

Usu Kai Ken
Oct 2, 2021
That’s why he’s just wearing regular old guy clothes instead of future old guy clothes

Usu Kai Ken
Oct 2, 2021
The past in godfather was poo poo lol. Like the entire point of 2 was that Vito did his best to improve the situation for his family and Michael ruined it by driving his away

Usu Kai Ken
Oct 2, 2021
He can’t be that poor considering he’s rejected every single podcast offer from millionaire Mike Stoklasa

Usu Kai Ken
Oct 2, 2021
Honestly the scariest part of M3gan isn’t her uncanny valleyness or bloodlust. It’s the fact that she’s clearly based on Elizabeth Olsen. Because that’s exactly the kind of thing that irl techbro creeps would do

Usu Kai Ken
Oct 2, 2021
And plus M3gan doesn’t even have the real mastermind behind Malignant, Ingrid Bisu

Usu Kai Ken
Oct 2, 2021

Raskolnikov38 posted:

any comics have their heroes do poo poo in a t shirt and jeans like a normal person, other than wolverine sometimes?

The Hulk

Usu Kai Ken
Oct 2, 2021

Cubone posted:

M3gan is directed by Gerard Johnstone, writer/director of Housebound

anybody who can stick the landing on a horror/comedy is one to watch. like five dudes in the history of film have pulled it off

Are they really that rare?

Usu Kai Ken
Oct 2, 2021

LanceHunter posted:

Can you name more than 5 horror-comedies that stuck the landing? The list I can think of so far...

Ghostbusters
Evil Dead 2 (though that's arguable on the comedy front, mostly it's a horror movie with funny moments)
Shaun of the Dead
Tremors
Return of the Living Dead (also arguable on the comedy front)

There are certainly more movies that tried, and even partially succeeded as horror-comedies. But I don't think any of them really stuck the landing. Most of the time you end up with a Tucker & Dale Vs Evil situation, where it's hitting both the horror and comedy pretty well but then had to tack on an ending that just doesn't work. Or it's an outright comedy with some light horror trappings, like Zombieland.

Creepshow
Gremlins
Scream/Nightmare on Elm Street (same director)
Beetlejuice

e:
American Werewolf in London
Re-animator
Malignant

I guess my definition of horror comedy might be broader than most? I can see how these might be considered “horror movie that happen to be funny” or “comedy that happens to be scary”

Usu Kai Ken fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jan 4, 2023

Usu Kai Ken
Oct 2, 2021

Cubone posted:

probably not lol

but I do think it takes a pretty high level of directorial competence to be able to balance the tones

For sure, comedy and horror are basically opposite genres

Usu Kai Ken
Oct 2, 2021
NSFL: real footage of Jeremy Renner getting run over by his snow plow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDtSJO3GtCU

Usu Kai Ken
Oct 2, 2021
Unpopular opinion but Sunk Dunk I feel that you have made a grave mistake by outing yourself as yet another fat beardo. Your perverted posts were much funnier when I could pretend that little Babu Frik was behind them. Maybe you can make it up by doing your videos in a Babu Frik voice but honestly I don’t know if your posting brand can recover from this.

Usu Kai Ken
Oct 2, 2021
I’m gay?! (mad)

Usu Kai Ken
Oct 2, 2021
The ET puppet sold for $2.56 million but cost $1.5 million to make for a return of 70% even without considering inflation

The Nukie vhs sold for $80,600 but only cost let’s say $10 for a return of 805900%

Therefore Nukie is 805900/70=11500 times better than ET

Usu Kai Ken fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Jan 9, 2023

Usu Kai Ken
Oct 2, 2021

poisonpill posted:

The hierarchy of power in the DV universe has changed

Usu Kai Ken
Oct 2, 2021
Netflix is that guy who’s always trying new get-rich-quick schemes

Usu Kai Ken
Oct 2, 2021
Why does M.O.R.O.N. need to wear a mask and disguise himself. How many bighead characters are there in the comics. Is it like a DC ape situation

Usu Kai Ken
Oct 2, 2021

You don’t even see the guy in the Eternals post credits scene. You just hear his voice. And apparently he’s supposed to be Blade

Usu Kai Ken
Oct 2, 2021
The problem with rich people bad movies is that they’re all made by slightly less rich people. Like none of them are made by the actual dregs of society. They just reek of jealousy rather than genuine hatred

Usu Kai Ken
Oct 2, 2021

X JAKK posted:

finally finished my notes on Norbit, if I was running a terrorist organization, this is the movie I would show to recruits to make them want to kill all Americans.

if?

Usu Kai Ken
Oct 2, 2021
Avatar the series is gonna end when Jake Sully goes insane by getting endlessly reincarnated and burns the tree down, thereby setting himself and the audience free

Usu Kai Ken
Oct 2, 2021
I don’t think there’s an actor gene like in MGS or something but poo poo like physical attractiveness and vocal quality are definitely genetic

Usu Kai Ken
Oct 2, 2021
Is there even a single example of a “reboot that clearly despises the original’s fans” becoming successful?

Usu Kai Ken
Oct 2, 2021

That DICK! posted:

i want to find RLM's penchant for attracting sex pests problematic but as the various losers working in hollywood who post here will remind me "that's the business"https://twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/1613627083632087065?s=20&t=Y3FcV2TIw9ABMrW-Lgw7xg

Unfortunately RLM is going to keep attracting creeps as long as they have modern sex icon Rich Evans on the team

Usu Kai Ken fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Jan 12, 2023

Usu Kai Ken
Oct 2, 2021
Jack Quaid’s dark secret is that he leveraged his parents connections to kickstart his acting career

Usu Kai Ken
Oct 2, 2021

That DICK! posted:

ive noticed that jay seems to get the most worked up by internet comments/opinions etc, which to me, is a sign of weakness & evil. rich gets similarly worked up by the so called "internet guy". both should be destroyed.

seems like you’re worked up by Jay and Rich’s internet opinions

Usu Kai Ken
Oct 2, 2021

That DICK! posted:

you must be destroyed!~

its just my opinion. stop getting worked up man

Usu Kai Ken
Oct 2, 2021

roomtone posted:

i wonder if people said jack nicholson looked too weird before cuckoo''s nest or chinatown. we'll never know. the technology didn't exist.

guy's basically bald, psycho face. not a face you want to stick your pussy on. but does it matter?

Jack Nicholson is a regular looking dude who has resting psycho face. The real weirdo looking old actors are Steve Buscemi, Willem Dafoe and Christopher Walken

Usu Kai Ken
Oct 2, 2021

kalel posted:

how do you use and interact with the forums, physically. I'm curious

Presumably with some kind of electronic device

Usu Kai Ken
Oct 2, 2021
Hey Hot Dog Day’s robot. Spell iCup

Usu Kai Ken
Oct 2, 2021

Gutcruncher posted:

Do we still have workhouses you can just dump your unwanted kids at so some mean middle aged lady can yell at them and sometimes people show up requesting that a small child sweep out their chimney for a couple shillings?

Mike does have boobs but he’s a man not a lady

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Usu Kai Ken
Oct 2, 2021
e: yeah that was in insane bad taste sorry

Usu Kai Ken fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Jan 13, 2023