Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Relax Or DIE posted:

you can't parry

Interestingly, the original doujin version of Higurashi had parries. I guess Umineko is a step down after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

Skins... are sins

And sinning is cool 😎

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Dr.Pepper Strawberries and Cream is here!

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Hot Dr. Pepper Strawberries and Cream trip report thanks.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i took a selfie with this happy lil guy, only to find out a short time later that this level was actually Black Gulch and these fuckers shoot fire and poison at me :negative:

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
You got enough poo poo strapped to your back

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I just found out that Dragon Ball: The Breakers is out now, and has actually been out for a bit now. I thought it was still in development.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

verbal enema posted:

You got enough poo poo strapped to your back

it's really silly, i did change outfits and have now a cool turtle shell in solidarity with Hot Turtle Bro. i managed to find the option to hide the weapon arsenal so that they weren't clipping through my turtle spikes

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

this is why you need some kind of motorized/magnetic/psychic device that juggles all your weapons for you

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

remember that the last E3 was scraping the bottom of the barrel already that they had to give an award to Asteroids for the Amico

Amico mentioned, gotta link the Tommy video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0twDETh6QaI

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

look at this guy. he rules so hard

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Kerrzhe posted:

yeah he does who is he

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

ab-shaped decals on your armour is very sad

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i think he might be part metal or armor or something

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Jay Rust posted:

ab-shaped decals on your armour is very sad

Like those shirts that have those tuxedo decals.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

he is half-yokai turtle man so those are his actual ribs he's got scales and stuff his name is Koroku and he is the coolest character in nioh 2

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
Yeah, he's this guy but half kappa in the Niohverse. I really need to get back to Nioh 2. I was just about to start the Honnoji level before getting distracted by other games.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Draga posted:

Yeah, he's this guy but half kappa in the Niohverse. I really need to get back to Nioh 2. I was just about to start the Honnoji level before getting distracted by other games.

god reading these actual historical articles and recognizing all the names from bosses in the game is extremely loving funny. like yeah i remember Akechi Mitsuhide, he turned into a bird and threw fireballs at me

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Kerrzhe posted:

god reading these actual historical articles and recognizing all the names from bosses in the game is extremely loving funny. like yeah i remember Akechi Mitsuhide, he turned into a bird and threw fireballs at me

nioh 2 just kind of assumes out of hand that you know what the sengoku period was and gets right down to it

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Vermain posted:

nioh 2 just kind of assumes out of hand that you know what the sengoku period was and gets right down to it

i sure as hell did not when i started but that let me enjoy a spoiler-free experience

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Kerrzhe posted:

i sure as hell did not when i started but that let me enjoy a spoiler-free experience

I think it was characterized by peace and prosperity, and nothing bad ever happened

I don't know anything about medieval Japan but that's probably right

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
You fight Lü Bu in Wo Long and I don’t think I’ll ever take him seriously

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Kerrzhe posted:

Jetstream Sam's great great turtle grandpa

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Hair worthy of an 80's hair band

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

You know, when I got the first ending of Nier and was watching the credits for the first time I was genuinely struck by how long the credits are in modern games.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I cant loving wait for the Nioh game where you fight loving Lu Bu and Dong Zhuo and poo poo

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Barudak posted:

Apparently Embracer group sold Tomb Raider to Amazon for 600 million USD which means Embracer group made 300 million dollars to acquire crystal dynamics + deus ex
throwing tomb raider in the garbage is the smartest thing squares ever done, hope this ruins everyone involved

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Gripweed posted:

You know, when I got the first ending of Nier and was watching the credits for the first time I was genuinely struck by how long the credits are in modern games.

the credits are such a perfunctory part of the final product in the modern era that it's easy to miss that there's small armies of people hammering these things out, and automata didn't even have a gigantic purse to begin with

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Put credits at the start of games so you're forced to acknowledge the creators

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Make every credits sequence interactable (serious post)

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Vermain posted:

the credits are such a perfunctory part of the final product in the modern era that it's easy to miss that there's small armies of people hammering these things out, and automata didn't even have a gigantic purse to begin with

The credits aren’t perfunctory in Nier

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Gripweed posted:

i finished a run of the quarry with some friends a few days ago and we had a lovely time sitting through the unfunny podcast playing over those credits

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I thought people would get my incredibly subtle hint but I finished Nier. I’m glad I stuck through it to the end for the story even if the gameplay gets dull towards the end when it goes all in on hacking and bad guys shooting dozens of balls. the final sequence where you fight the idea of the story ending there is insanely good. whoever told me something good happens was a loving liar. Nothing good happens, the whole point of the end is that there is potential for something good to happen but not in the events of the game.

Good thing I don’t give a poo poo about 100%ing games lol

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

make every credits roll a minigame where you shoot the words and letters

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Gaius Marius posted:

Put credits at the start of games so you're forced to acknowledge the creators

Kojima did this with MGSV

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

hatty posted:

You fight Lü Bu in Wo Long and I don’t think I’ll ever take him seriously

If no one says "Do not pursue Lu Bu" at some point then Koei Tecmo have failed us.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/PlayApexMobile/status/1620528112126533645?s=20&t=7G2uaPlAIeHPxhm9veEQqA

what is with all the games shutting down all at once

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

everything is too expensive, developers expected this stuff to make massive amounts of money right away and they didnt. The online gaming bubble is pretty much bursting in real time right now.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
it turns out when everybody is relying on you to make a huge time and money commitment to a single game the market for those games shrinks dramatically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
elden ring is crazy good i can see why and how it lived up to the hype imo

think im like 40% of the way through? who knows i dont and i dont care im killing poo poo with a big angel scythe