Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Happy New Year friends :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The black mage is called Rarity :science:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jerusalem posted:

I gotta be honest, I don't actually know what a "Go" game is?

Well you see there are lots of black and white stones and

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Dabir posted:

There's already a perfectly good Hobbit video game, it came out in like 1982 and it's great

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

JollyBoyJohn posted:

i dont take a break every hour of working buddy

Sounds like a you problem

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Those pets are all now living on a farm together upstate, they're very happy

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rinkles posted:

What game started the petting trend? It used to be a novelty, now it’s basically a marketing mandate.

It wasn't a game it was the Can You Pet The Dog twitter account

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'd pick Manic Miner on the ZX Spectrum, those cassette tapes can't stand up to poo poo

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Muscle Tracer posted:

hell yeah, i successfully posted that in the chat thread and not the GOTY thread this time :madmax:

Nothing wrong with posting in the GOTY thread :colbert:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I did my first gaming sesh of the year today :unsmith:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
How sassy is she?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

exquisite tea posted:

it definitely would have been on my GOTY list.

Speaking of, the live results countdown is now underway in the GOTY thread! Come join the party! :toot:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jay Rust posted:

I overslept !! 😱😱😱

Oh noooooooo :negative:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The GOTY thread is about to countdown the top 5 of 2022, come join the party! :toot:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Congrats to this forum's Game of the Year 2022 Elden Ring for its record-breaking 1199 points :toot:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Hwurmp posted:

sometimes I say "GG," even when the g was not g

when it was in fact, b

These thoughtcrimes must be answered for

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
So it's not a video game but it is tangential, my friend got me an Exit The Game puzzle for Christmas and I just got lost in it for 2.5 hours and it was incredible. There was a really great mix of puzzles that instantly clicked and ones that were stumpers and there was some incredible lateral thinking required.

Like you get a bunch of materials to solve the puzzles with and including a decoder ring and I was struggling with one of the puzzles until I randomly flipped the decoder ring over and realised it had a symbol on the back I needed to line up with a symbol in the book which would reveal the answer! I felt so smart for spotting it! And then there was another one where you get some cards with random lines on them but the riddle gets you to turn them over and draw on the back and if you draw hard enough the impression matches up with the lines to form the numbers you need for the answer! It was really innovative and I felt like a genius :D

Just don't tell anyone about the forty minutes it took to make me realise I needed to draw on some clocks :cripes:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Yeah I agree why even consider the push her away option

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Khanstant posted:

play the new games before they start to spoil

Games don't spoil they mature like a fine wine

*sniffs a copy of Ocarina of Time*

Ah this has the feel of a 1998, a great vintage that one

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The Last Remnant:

We went to rescue our allies in Calepaleis from the Conqueror's forces but the whole thing turned out to be a diversionary tactic and while we were gone the Conqueror came to Athlum and murdered Emma who was like the only good character in this whole drat game :negative:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Why spend 30 mins mind numbingly watching numbers go up when I could play a JRPG?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Very rude of verbal enema to steal Metis's birthday

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Dewgy posted:

Every PS3 can play PS1 games. :science:

gently caress I could be playing Final Fantasy 9 right now :supaburn:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm at work but I'm at home so I could still be playing it right now :negative:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

bone emulator posted:

Xenoblade 3 has the worst kind of RPG shoopkeeper, the ones that gives you poo poo if you don't buy anything. It's not my fault their inventory is bad :(

Filthy capitalists can gently caress right off imo

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

The 7th Guest posted:

the resetera GOTY doesn't require explanations for votes

:baduk:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
FF13 is a mom game

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Hell yeah

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jay Rust posted:

No... stop it...

Moms

are

(get this)

dead

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jay Rust posted:

Does she have children?

I am Cooking Mama's child and she loves me and helps me and teaches me to cook and we bake together and oh no I spilt the eggs it's ok mama I'll clean them up I promise no don't be mad I'll do better next time NO MAMA I'LL BE GOOD I SWEAR :cry:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

so i can take my friends money after i beat them at street fighter

Like you can beat me at Street Fighter :rolleyes:

Rarity fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Jan 12, 2023

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Shinjobi posted:

Bubsy 1

Bubsy 2

Ah poo poo

Bubsy 3D!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Feels Villeneuve posted:

this really puts a damper on my enjoyment of High on Life

High On Life puts a damper on my enjoyment of High on Life

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
drat the end of The Last Remnant Disc 1 goes incredibly hard. Rush was breaking into the evil duke's palace to rescue Irina but he got discovered and the crew got set upon by a giant eye demon spewing hellfire but Rush somehow summoned this giant mechanical monster to fight for us and we won but then it turned out the evil duke who'd been manipulating the Conqueror had actually been getting manipulated by Wagram the whole time! So everyone left him to be useless and Rush escaped with Irina but then outside the Conqueror attacked him and they both went super saiyan and then Irina nuked the whole city. Now it's 6 months later and the entire world is at with each other.

...I still have no idea what's going on in the plot of this game.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

*checks clipboard*

...This all seems in order

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Games I'm excited to play this year: Prince of Persia (2008), Prototype, Pikmin, Resident Evil 5. If I'm lucky I'll also get to Metroid Prime and Arkham Asylum :unsmith:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

fridge corn posted:

the year of the JRPG

Also coming up for me this year: Star Ocean: The Last Hope, Tales of Vesperia, Disgaea 3, the Tales of Symphonia sequel and Dokapon Kingdom :yeshaha:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Pentiment came 2nd...

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

She'll never replace Clippy in our hearts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It sounds like the guy's schizophrenic so we probably shouldn't be posting his stuff to laugh at?