Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i still think the steam deck looks very unwieldy to actually play but I've come to the uncomfortable realization that getting one would let me play way more cool indie games that i really wish would hurry up and come to switch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
the average goon has caveman hands, I'm sorry but i cannot trust you

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
thank you everybody 🙏

Mode 7 posted:

I'm still working from home a lot, and most of my gaming is at the same desk that I work at.
The big appeal of the Steam Deck for me is to be able to still play a bunch of PC titles but to do it on the couch away from my workspace.

yeah this is the main reason i have like zero interest in a gaming pc

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

That is too many games

weakling

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i don't like how fortnite looks and my eyes are as strong as they get

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

I've yet to see a game that appeals to me coming out in 2023.

turn your monitor on

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Triangle Strat is my next game too. All because of Looper.

i hope you're ready for the consequences if you don't like it... 🔪

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i bought signalis on my switch but idk when i'll get around to playing it

i've been playing through the mgs and re series with my partner and by happy coincidence we're up to my favorites in both series, rising and 4, i'm very excited. so signalis will have to at least wait until after 4

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

ChickenHeart posted:

Please update us on you and your partner's analysis of 4's "Johnny poops in a barrel" scene and its contribution to the series' antiwar message

my opinion of mgs4's story is that whenever it's just snake, otacon, sunny, raiden, ocelot, or vamp on screen the story is pretty good, but as soon as any of meryl, campbell, johnny, naomi, drebin, eva, or big boss can be seen it instantly nosedives into the garbage

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
every new boss in no more heroes 3 keeps pushing the boundaries further and further, this truly is the garden of insanity

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
resident evil 4 is so good

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
it was my first resident evil so i didn't really appreciate how much of a shift it was at the time but i sure do now

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
0 and code veronica also have evil residences

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
because the gamer brain is really bad at approximating what probability actually means

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
it's a flashy fidget spinner

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Chev posted:

Forgive the impromptu catpost but after 18 years of loyal fluffiness my cat's now chasing balls of yarn in Valhalla. I am sure he'd have had many interesting things to meow about 2023 releases.

my friend, that's one hell of a cat

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

A bold move to be sure but it doesn't compare to Looper putting Sonic 2006 on his GOTY list last year.

i was pretty busy this weekend so I'm only now reading the goty countdown but gotta take a break to say, 1 that wasn't me that was andrast. i put sonic mania. 2 I'd appreciate it if you call me they

dumbass

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
dumbass re: point 1 specifically, not point 2. sorry for any confusion

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
fantastic goty thread as always, thank you rarity and videogames!! sad to have missed the festivities

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i started up elden ring finally but it seems to prominently feature the worst type of video game compass and there's no way to remove it without turning the whole hud off, so unfortunately i have to say the game is fail

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
bad end theater is really neat. each character has a color associated with them and the way dramatic scenes will blend them when multiple characters are involved can get quite striking for a game with such a simple art style

Looper fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Jan 10, 2023

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
turning the game off makes it even easier

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Gripweed posted:

I started playing Nier

don't be dissuaded by people saying the sidequests aren't important, the tedium is partly the point and they're the sources of some of the best dialogue and interactions in the game

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
also no way, brother nier owns and a lot of the dynamics as written make way more sense with him than dad nier

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

AceOfFlames posted:

How did no one mention the Yakuza games

Kiryu and Kratos are the best dads in gaming.

because they said kids, not dads, and nobody ever talks about haruka

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
other good answers are sunny from mgs, pino and josette from the wonder project games, mizuki from somnium files, and the baby yoshi from thousand year door

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
happy birthday verbal enema

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
why did people like until dawn?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

lovely annoying teens in grave danger

isn't that also man of medan and the quarry? house of ashes being about soldiers in the war on terror is a weird vibe though i get that

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
do you think the actors refer to themselves as the cast of us

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
gumshoe isn't really anything like columbo other than looking shabby...

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Vermain posted:

my calculation is that a mainline title's gonna make the leap a lot faster, especially since it's being directed by one of the few actual PC gamers in japan

who?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I'd rather spend $500 on almost anything else

if you want my venmo you just have to ask

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Escobarbarian posted:

Update: they suck. It’s basically just a bad Riverdale parody with the most obvious and lazy “meta” Scooby-Doo jokes ever

did scooby himself ever show up

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i hate pinball

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Feels Villeneuve posted:

ROSEMARY: There wasn't anything on your console. Just Astro Bot and Demon's Souls Remake. No PS1 classics.... No exclusives..... Not even Metal Gear Solid.

RAIDEN: Rose, I only use that console for streaming.

ROSEMARY: A lifeless console... almost like your empty heart.

rosemary is the best character in mgs2

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I'm banning the phrase "AAAA game"

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

If you had no game consoles and were going to buy just one game console I think the current XBox offering, inclusive of Game Pass, is probably the best value.

with the added bonus of me not needing to buy a new tv stand to fit it

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
look I'm just gonna say it: vertical consoles are for freaks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
curiously, the only console warriors you see these days all happen to own ps5s