Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I am playing Armored Core 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Muscle Tracer posted:

I am playing God of War (2018). It is extremely good. It's got me thinking, who is the best videogame son/daughter? The only other game I can think of off the top of my head where the protagonist has a kid is Fallout 4, which is, alas, not in the running for Best Son.

Solid Snake

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Using every part of my brain to use the triggers and shoulder buttons to strafe and adjust my aim up and down in Armored Core

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Looper posted:

why did people like until dawn?

It would be cool it there was an Until Dawn game where you played as a slasher villain, like "Behind The Mask:The Rise of Leslie Vernon"

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
The combat of Nier didnt feel good to me, I like more technicality in my character action games like MGS:R:R or DMC and it's sorta disappointing cause everyone raves abt it. Oh well, the "Nier-heads" can enjoy it and there are thousands of games to play 😎👍

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

tuyop posted:

What’s a map game?

A grand strategy game where you stare at a map for hours at a time. They're really fun, and also help you become smarter because now I know almost every country by location and where a lot of major cities are

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I cast yarrow stalks and practice bibliomancy with the I Ching, cause it's lit!

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

'Nuff said.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

The 7th Guest posted:

zeno clash 3

Hype! Is 2 good? I've only played 1

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Armored Core 2 has finally clicked for me and it's one of the best feeling mech games I've ever played

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBPHnZCY9bU

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

verbal enema posted:

the second a mech is on screen in a movie immediately stop caring about the people and only care about the mech

the second a mech is gone from the screen all i think of is "where mech"

This is why Gundam, which has people's faces cut in on screens over the mech action, is the perfect artform

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8PuKqUNTd0

Zakus ft mothereffin w

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I will never stop vsing the letter V and watching Zyzz videos set to little dark age.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Rarity posted:

Notoriously part of the Roman Empire, Sparta

It was and the Romans made the Agoge a tourist attraction

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I keep it 300 like the Romans - Kanye West

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

AceOfFlames posted:

I thought about getting a marble statue tattoo but maybe that's a bad idea.

Hell, I have wanted to get a tattoo for some time but one of my main concerns is how on earth do you pick a symbol that doesn't potentially change its meaning to something bad eventually?

Is that really one of your main concerns about getting a tattoo???

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I just get a bunch of amtrad flash because it looks cool. Also have a giant baphoment on my arm because dualism, 19th century orientalism, and the slander levelled at the Knights Templar are "badass"

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
This is how I decided what my first tattoo would be:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I583DSGtPUs&t=25s

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Feels Villeneuve posted:

It looked like rear end op so I'm not

This

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I like talking about things I like and things I dislike.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I will never play a horror game, I dont wanna be scared

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Volte posted:

This seems like...a conversation? I've never played Dead Space but is "the character talks when other characters talk to them" a red flag now?

Yes, originally he said nothing for the entire game.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Silent protags are cool and I'm genuinely sad theyre rare in modern gaming

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I like it when they say nothing and people even comment on that, like on Grand Theft Auto: Online

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Gripweed posted:

The developers believe they have a responsibility to not judge people who choose to be evil? Why?

Being evil is loving badass

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Kerrzhe posted:

i think being a lone beacon of good in a world full of evil is way more badass

That would make you, unless you are a moralist, evil.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Kerrzhe posted:

i think the word you're looking for is "hero"

being a hero is way more badass than being evil. and i dont mean just stupid superhero poo poo. i mean giving hope to the downtrodden and fighting back against oppressors. especially if you're outnumbered/outclassed by the machinations of said evil, and you win anyway. that's my jam.

probably not much of that in that harry potter game, which is why i am not interested in it

If you go against the social mores of an entire world you are evil.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Kerrzhe posted:

yeah that’s not how I define evil, buddy. social norms that cause suffering are evil whether they’re the majority or not.

I'm a materialist and relativist, which is why I play based games such as open-pvp MMOs

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Kerrzhe posted:

then it seems we are diametrically opposed. you can say "up yours, woke moralist" if you want, i won't mind

I think being a materialist is woke

Lmao

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Barudak posted:

1,000,000 – Nine Inch Nails
The Perfect Drug – Nine Inch Nails
Lonely Boy – The Black Keys
Invaders Must Die – The Prodigy
Whirring – The Joy Formidable
INAZAWA CHAINSAW – Number Girl
Wolfgang’s 5th Symphony – Wolfgang Gartner

I see number girl I buy, simple as

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I like it when things end and new things begin

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
If you want a fun action rhythm game with almost no cutscenes play Sifu

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

giogadi posted:

Sifu is an action rhythm game in the same way that every action game ever can be technically considered a rhythm game.

I'm not being facetious - I like fighting games because they click for me a lot like rhythm games, but HiFi Rush has taken the rhythm idea to a whole new level that feels really special.

Someone in the Sifu thread did a bunch of huge effortposts about how enemy attacks subtly line up to the backing tracks of levels or something, really interesting read and a deeper integration of attack time than I see in a lot of other character action games

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I've been playing the WW1 fps "Isonzo" and just maining light mortar because seeing like 5 kills pop up by clicking on the map gives me crazy endorphins

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I like it when videogames are super hard

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Dark Souls III had the best combat out of all the soulsborne games, just get more i-frames you frickin noobs

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Dabir posted:

Yeah I can't think of any other souls game where the basic enemies can take new players by surprise with a giant multi hit combo that knocks off a ton of health

Simply back up.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Usually if an enemy in DS3 has a flurry attack they can be hit out of it. You need to make them "whiff" and then "punish" them which will allow you to get "frame advantage" so you can then use a high damage attack. My fav part of the souls game is how fighting game like it is, including the wiki even just having the frame data of all the attacks in the game

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Me when some guy in DS PvP points down:

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Volte posted:

I like the combat in DS3 well enough but frame advantage is pretty irrelevant when there's poise involved and even then, it's hardly punishment when you don't even get to follow up with a devastating combo of your own. If Dark Souls was a fighting game, it would be the shittiest fighting game I've ever played.

They nerfed poise pretty heavily in DS3, it really only matters for enemy NPCS, and the high poise ones are visually distinct from normal enemies (they are either giant or wear a lot of armor)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I dont like single player games as much, simply let sickos buy dedicated servers, like the Jedi Knight Jedi Academy guys