Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Jerusalem posted:

Annette Birkin is a piece of poo poo though, nothing's changing my mind on that :colbert:

It's a universal truth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Black Mage is always a valid choice, in everything

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

FirstAidKite posted:

Is this the year we get Unlimited SaGa Remastered

In a perfect world

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

My cats are my class allies

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

exquisite tea posted:

Does anyone else ever feel a twinge of sadness looking at older pictures and advertisements of pets knowing they are almost certainly dead.

No, I think about how happy they were in life and their kitty grandkids

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Okay so let me make sure I have this right.

I have Hitman 1, and Hitman 3 standard edition is $20 on steam right now. On Jan 26th, Hitman 3 turns into World of Assassination, which will include a Hitman 1 goty upgrade and Hitman 2, right?

I'd get the deluxe hitman 3 but it looks like that's gonna be included in the dlc that has the hitman 2 expac access after this whole shift

The 7th Guest posted:

lol he couldn't find a third ps5 exclusive to put between ff16 & spidey 2

Yeah that got a laugh from me

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Jan 5, 2023

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Waffleman_ posted:

Yes, if you buy Hitman 3 now, it'll get the free upgrade to WoA which includes the base content for all three game, and the DLC for each game will also be bundled together into DLC for WoA

Awesome, thank you!

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Macaluso posted:

Yeah I don't understand how his art somehow evolved into it being worse. I really don't like how the comic looks now.

I think the height of how Penny Arcade looked was around the mid 2000s. When it looked like this (incidentally this is also my favorite PA comic):

Yeah the red noses was when the art started to get bad

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Vermain posted:

they are slowly adding NPC party members to every story-required dungeon - i think their goal is to have all of heavensward done by the next expansion, and then stormblood during that expansion's cycle - although you still have to do the 3-5 8 person trials every expansion has with real humans for the moment due to their complexity

i think the intent is to eventually have the entire game be playable offline for when the servers inevitably switch off, but that's a very long term project, and i wouldn't expect a fully solo playable game until like, 5-6 years minimum

Hell ff11 servers are still going. I'm not even sure xiv's will be going down ever lol.

To echo everyone else, ffxiv can very much be a solo game with other people for help with bosses and as a solo guy for the most part, it's the best

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jan 8, 2023

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

You never go wrong with grass

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

The Ico JP box art is so goddamn lovely

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

bone emulator posted:

I think I heard something on a podcast or something about the weird social manipulation and psychology behind those weird mobile ads.
It's something about targeting people they know won't be interested in the actual game, but are enticed by some strange narrative hook that never exists outside the ad. Wish I could remember were I heard/read it but it was both fascinating and frightening stuff.

The evil old lady from the mobile game ad was a fun meme for a while there, but I always wondered if there was an actual story behind it or if it was never meant to make since.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Khanstant posted:

just come play Magic, it's outrageously expensive, involves shady needless gambling, you have to be your own dealer and shuffler, is wildly complicated, involves storage logistics problems, and is ran by a comically greedy corporation desperately trying to maximize how much they exploit players.

I was enjoying the tutorial of the one on PC (not Arena) but then I hit the Blue tutorial and got my poo poo wrecked

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Looper posted:

why did people like until dawn?

It was atmospheric as hell and I love schlocky teen horror poo poo :shobon:

I wanna say it was also Harden Panettiere's next role after scream 4, but I'm really not sure on that one. It was a combination of things

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Jan 11, 2023

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

It's Euphoria. High school drama, drugs, sex

Why couldn't we get a cool new Scooby-Doo

E: once again a show that seems to act like it hates most of the characters

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Jan 11, 2023

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

What Remains of Edith Finch is a mom game

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Jan 11, 2023

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1613162836921819138?t=FLMiU0DBkxox4kkLXhrUvg&s=19

Uuummmmm

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Feels Villeneuve posted:

the xbox series S can play Lost Odyssey

The PC can now too :smug:

*you just have to emulate it

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Huh, as of today Saudi Arabia owns 6% of Nintendo

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

The Horizon staff publicly seething at Elden Ring's ui was hilarious

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Procrastine posted:

yeah I'm maybe coming on a little strong but I'm just so sick of this poo poo being pervasive across the internet and wanted to try and stop it when I saw it here. Maybe it's not that obvious to average joe. I'm just so tired of it

This probably summarizes it better than I could

Even contains the part about how people act when you ask them to stop saying them!

yeah maybe. idk maybe I'm just too online to notice this poo poo, I just want people to not fall for fascist dogwhistles

come on man, you can't complain about people trying to get in owns and then end your post like that

You're giving these things power yourself. I'm online as gently caress and you cannot see dogwhistles around every corner without going insane

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

drat it now I have to play Triangle Strategy

hatty posted:

At least three of those characters are upstanding people

This can't possibly be true

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

https://twitter.com/Mr_Rebs_/status/1615209866162851840?t=_RuEsGId1mx6S_ztFkk6gA&s=19

So the DC version of Avengers, with a cosmetic battle pass.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

hatty posted:

Is the average player sick of colored loot yet? Seems like every “AAA” release has it now

I dont mind it at all in Diablo and Diablo-likes, but yeah in other genres it kind of irks a little, I don't know why

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

https://twitter.com/eurogamer/status/1615728121172353025?t=v0RtqGFBD8_CanlfwzbzHw&s=19

We were all robbed

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Rinkles posted:

The largely forgotten Sunset Overdrive.

Never quite scratched that Jet Set Radio itch but I liked it all the same

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I think making it xbone exclusive was a bad call. I always wanted to play it but I had to wait for the PC release, I'm sure there were others

Then again it is a very mid game, as much as I want to say it was better than it was

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Rarity posted:

The Cyberpunk 2077 launch

Lol

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/StoopFalcon/status/1615784514818555931?s=20&t=ENe6s3_hFxXHtFMGU5wT8g

oh my god another one happened.

no, not the other one that just happened, this is a new one

Amazing :allears:

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

HopperUK posted:

any day where a thread shows me Wentworth Miller is a good day, thank you thread

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Games going $70 while we're incareening towards a recession isn't gonna go well

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I don't look forward to anyone thinking that dialogue is ok, but teenagers might like that poo poo nowadays idk

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

https://twitter.com/RealYouTubeKids/status/1617235514079252480?t=OMAly3rrB7l44lMhEYRl-w&s=19

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Review scores for Forspoken ranging from 2 out of 5 to 9.5 lol some people got paaaaid

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Waffleman_ posted:

Bandai Namco is also doing pretty good, but it helps that they have access to a lot of licenses.

I want a new dot.hack series

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I think it'll be fine if people could talk about the game like any other

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I've liked the gameplay videos so far

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

hatty posted:

Oh Resetera permabanned me three months ago lol

What did you do :allears:

Their ban reasons are always so insane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

mutata posted:

I like big budget AAA games when they're passable to good, but I've always been a basic bitch.

Same