Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Samadhi posted:

I was in bed by 10PM, my wife has her ACL surgery Tuesday and I have the next two weeks off to help her recuperate, and I bring this present to the thread for a blessed new year

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1609425452506165250?s=20

lol

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Skwirl posted:

This is up there with that list of what animals a percentage of men think they could beat in a fight.
https://twitter.com/YouGovAmerica/status/1610021865753280512?t=E-sjnBsPKOMZkmDDX4vSjg&s=19

I mean, if you had to do it, I guess it's better to believe that you could instead of not? :shrug:

shirts and skins posted:

Heya TFF! Hope you're having a great new year. I haven't been posting as much lately because I've been distracted by a few things, but I'm still around.

Anyway, wanted to let you know that I'm taking the "new year new you" thing seriously, and by that I mean that I came to terms with being trans. So, yeah! Same shirts, maybe some new cuts of fabric. She/her, and it's a pleasure to re-introduce myself.

Congrats!

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Kalli posted:

Vince is taking back control of the WWE, because of course he is.

https://twitter.com/laurenthomas/status/1611107941108654087

I'm not shocked this is happening, but still: lol

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Its Rinaldo posted:

Motherfuckers trying to be Squall over here

I'm looking forward to 1000 years from now when a future archeologist finds a replica Gunblade and tries to figure out how it was supposed to work

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

https://twitter.com/UrOrientalist/status/1611717485828489221?s=20&t=a9acxUZ7Ru-b8hbLwSU58w

This can't be real right?

I know we joke that Musk is like "inventing" buses and subways like a solipsist, but this is so loving stupid it makes my head hurt. So much so that I feel like I must be missing something and getting turbo-whooshed.

I...

What am I looking at here? Explain it to me like I'm an idiot because I feel like I'm missing whatever the appeal is supposed to be here

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

CannonFodder posted:

You are looking at an intense waste of money.

lol I figured out that much.

Bird in a Blender posted:

I don’t know how any of that could be constitutional. How do you defined gendered clothes? A woman can’t wear pants? If a boy wears pink it’s illegal? God I hate these fuckers.

It's not, but this reads like they're hoping that this will make its way up to the Supreme Court so that those fuckers can rule on it. Whether it's in Arizona or somewhere else, it's the same playbook they used with abortion

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Tulalip Tulips posted:

oh hey the new Trigun comes out and now I have the "do I sign up for Crunchyroll to watch this when I didn't even do it for the new Gundam?" dilemma.

Wait, I thought you had to sign up for Crunchyroll to watch Witch From Mercury?

EmbryoSteve posted:

Children are infinitely more likely to be molested at a church than a regular drag show non the less a drag show story hour at a public loving library

Yup

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Tulalip Tulips posted:

GundamInfo's got it available stateside now. Also good old fashioned pirating.

Oh sweet, I hadn't noticed that GI had it now.

I've just been annoyed that Crunchyroll had the terminity to start charging for that godawful app. It was painful when it was free!

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I'm not usually a murdered my childhood guy but this strikes as a terrible change.

I'm not very attached to Trigun, but even I'm hoping Milly shows up later

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
https://twitter.com/screenrant/status/1614080473382244355

Another WBD casualty

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

kiimo posted:

Not trying to bring back Waffle House chat but

https://twitter.com/TaylorCuret/status/1614519867398299649

(this is from yesterday so apologies if beaten)

It's very much something a Clemson kid would do, going by all the Clemson people I've met

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

This is accurate. Also everywhere in the south pretty much, but definitely FL/GA/SC

Pretty much.

drat, I want some Waffle House now

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

Covered/Chunked/Topped

Alternatively 3 scrambled eggs w cheese, raisin toast and cheese grits.

Also Bojangles is an acceptable hangover breakfast substitute.

One of the worst things that's happened to me that they put a new Bojangles like three minutes from my place, and I've definitely taken advantage

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Pron on VHS posted:

Why are you guys so addicted to Star Wars. How bad does it have to get before you move on

I had avoided the vast majority of Star Wars since Episode 3 until I picked up Jedi: Fallen Order on sale, and while it's a fine-ish Sekiro clone (the reason I got it to begin with)... it'd be a much better game if it wasn't tied down by Star Wars. The exploration is fine, the combat is at its best when you're fighting someone one-on-one, but since a Stormtrooper can't give you any trouble on their own, their solution to that usually was to throw a bunch of enemies at you at once that the combat system isn't good at dealing with, which got annoying real quick. Story was meh (although I did appreciate that when Darth Vader shows up at the end of the game, there's absolutely nothing you can do to him no matter how good at the game you are), but again, that's part of the game that could be better if it wasn't Star Wars. Also, the game didn't run well on my PS4 at all, which was a little frustrating.

I'll be curious to see what they do with Jedi: Survivor, although I won't pick it up anytime soon

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

What a piece of poo poo

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Watched the first two episodes of Trigun Stampede today. It's not bad, but now after watching it, I'm also in the camp of "why is Roberto a character?"

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I thought the second episode was way better than the first. Some good trigun energy. Also agree that it still seems weird for Roberto to exist.

Yeah, agreed on the second episode. And while my memories of the OG Trigun are a little vague (like I've said before, I never got that into it), I think with Roberto, they wanted to put Meryl in the junior role while giving her a foil to bounce off of, which... okay, but wasn't having a junior the point of Milly? Plus, isn't Vash Meryl's natural foil? So far it just seems like Roberto was an answer to an unnecessary problem

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keeping benefits from families with multiple vehicles is especially cruel

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

Funny how that works

Gonna be real funny* to see who suddenly cares about police violence.

*it won't be funny at all

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

I might have to download Control today after reading the premise.

I’ve been hopelessly locked into mindlessly optimizing Hades runs for like 6mo.

I still need to sit down and finish Yakuza 0 and Far Cry 5 though….

I finished up Yakuza 0 a couple of weeks ago ( I was in the endgame for a while, but went through a period where I was just playing koi-koi for weeks), and moved on to Kiwami 2, and I'm already almost finished with that. Turns out when you don't have to grind Mr. Shakedown and mini-games for money to level up, Yakuza moves pretty fast!

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Alaois posted:

anyone else hyped for wo long fallen dynasty

I'll have to wait a bit on it, but yeah, it looks fantastic

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Vertical Lime posted:

i get it

also nobody cares about if documents are classified anymore

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1617937975144218664

At this point, I'm wondering if some of these classified documents are just like, memos about security updates or password changes. Stuff that's important, but also things that no one thinks are important when they're packing up

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
https://twitter.com/RickandMorty/status/1618009508420386817

So I guess the allegations about Roiland must be pretty serious

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

I do not engage with the fandom at all, and I don't recommend doing that. For anything. Fans suck. All of them. Football fans suck! Fan is short for fanatic and fanaticism sucks. Why do I even post in this forum with you people. Ugh.

A general rule of thumb I have is to try to not let the fandom dictate my enjoyment of a thing, because ultimately all fandoms suck and ruining the things they love is what they do

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Android Apocalypse posted:

The likelihood that Mervel movies are stand-alone are near-zero. The creative one-offs will be on Disney+, as evidenced by Werewolf by Night.

Also comic books have the luxury of the ability to change main characters, so when an actor is no longer under contract they can always go "the new god of thunder is a horse-headed alien!"

The cowards would never make a Beta Ray Bill movie.

Skwirl posted:

Marvel Comics hasn't ever done a big continuity reset. That's like, the biggest difference between them and DC, there's no Marvel equivalent to Crisis on Infinite Earths or Flashpoint or Rebirth or whatever the gently caress DC is doing right now.

Yeah, for better and worse. They've done tweaks here and there (Spider-Man: One More Day being a notable example), but never a full-on reset like a Crisis

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
https://twitter.com/IwriteOK/status/1618839598783934467

As always, the Onion is good

FizFashizzle posted:

I admitted a patient last night for a broken ankle. They did surgery this morning. At some point she got a psych consult which didn’t come up with anything.

Thirty minutes after rounding on her apparently she decided she wasn’t getting enough attention from the nursing staff. She walked to her door naked, pulled out her IVs so blood was all over the floor, started urinating, and began hurling obscenities to the entire nursing staff.

When I told my surgeon who fixed her ankle he said “well clearly my internal fixation is holding up.”

And the night just gotten worse from there.

:stonk:

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

I just listened to this week's free episode of Chapo where they talked about Whitlock's incredibly horrible attempt at trying to compare everyone involved in the Steven Crowder/Daily Wire hissyfit to characters in Game of Thrones, and I am not going to listen to him talk about anything that matters

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
I was tempted to watch the Royal Rumble, but that meant installing Peacock and I'm way too lazy and disinterested for that

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Kalli posted:

Not watching the rumble, but people are really lathered up about this "Mt. Dew Pitch Black Match"

lol

Spoilers for that match:

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1619528935582089217

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

I swear I've camped in buildings in Warzone that looked similar to this

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

I'm not surprised, but I don't expect it to be any good. The writing in that show requires a kind of deft touch between two sides I don't think anyone is capable of right now

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Skwirl posted:

I think it's just a Power Rangers special where they brought back some of the original cast to team up with the current Power Rangers

Yeah, it's a 30th anniversary special:

https://twitter.com/PowerRangers/status/1615389327285944335

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Dango Bango posted:

Just realized the last day of January means my Dry January was successful.

I know a bunch of you posted you were doing it too. How'd you hold up?

Decided to go sober for No Vice November and kept at it, so I'm at three months today

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
https://twitter.com/JennyENicholson/status/1620533281677770753

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

lol

https://twitter.com/KnowNothingTV/status/1620708464623513601

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

Yeah gently caress it I’m gonna just post:

A friend just sent me this article and said it was interesting and I laughed and said yeah this dude is definitely mad at women because he can’t get laid and now the friend is mad at me because I “don’t understand and he does because he has a degree in psychology and he finds things like this fascinating” and now my brain is draining out of my ears

https://markmcdonaldmd.substack.com/p/why-american-women-are-undatable

lol this loving article. Dude was mad random women weren't trying to look attractive enough so he could justify staring at them to himself (thereby providing a great example why a lot of women don't feel comfortable dressing "nicely" in public).

Like, the only thing I could somewhat sympathize with was the guy who took whose date wouldn't/couldn't eat anything on the menu, if only because not being on the same page for food is an easy dealbreaker for dating someone. But there's a huge leap to go from "woman has dietary restrictions" to "feminism has ruined this woman"

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

C-Euro posted:

Netflix announced something similar a couple of days ago to stop people from account sharing, I wonder who came up with their idea first.

E:
https://mobile.twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1620698418149752834

lol guess my dad's not going to be able to watch Netflix anymore since he watches it while on the road and doesn't have wifi at home.

EDIT: just saw the new pricing plan. lol, and lmao

Shinji2015 fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Feb 2, 2023

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Oh, good.

They're just trying to put that toothpaste back in the tube at this point, don't think there's much they can except hope they can survive the eventual streaming collapse and take advantage

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Amazing.

https://twitter.com/Java_jigga/status/1621256125202194432

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
So Yakuza 0 predicted how this is gonna go:

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1621578680735506433

Right now there's some NY mafia kid who's superhumanly strong getting framed for murder