Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Here's to another year thread of shitposting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Last time I reinstalled/modded Skyrim I got a mod that disabled objective markers and the player position on the map, and another one that added more detailed explanations/directions for quests, it was really fun having to actually read roadsigns and keeping track of landmarks.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Cowcaster posted:

lol a video game

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Hwurmp posted:

A Short Hike

What a delightful little game that everyone should play.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

ShadowMar posted:

i simply buy good games and not play them

:hmmyes:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Anno posted:

Cleaning up my computer a bit and found a .txt of Steam keys from Humble that I already own. I honestly can't remember if I've given these away already or not. Report back if you try one or two and whether or not they do, I have a few more if they do.

KYL63-D2F08-TP90I - One Step from Eden
PIDW6-QXNL0-M95Y3 - XCOM: Chimera Squad
WZ0ER-VXND7-84WE0 - Civilization VI Platinum
RQCBX-I2FXF-THVN7 - Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

Snagged Civ6, thanks a bunch!

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Ragequit posted:

Edmond Dantčs knows magic.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Azran posted:

'Never pre-order' doesn't apply to Argentina :v: The RE4 remake almost TRIPLED in price before it even released, goddamn

gently caress's sake, that's not even regional pricing, it's more expensive than in USD. Did it even have a price listed before yesterday though? I would have definitely gotten it at 5k, but I seem to remember it was just "coming soon".

I'm so tired of this country. :negative:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Azran posted:

Yup! It's been available for preorder for the last, uh, month or so? A whole month at the very least, maybe two.

Ffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. I'll never get it at this price. God dammit.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

wielder posted:

The size of the increase is absolutely not proportional at all to real inflation over the pre-order period in all those countries. I've checked.

It's more like they want the base price to be closer to direct USD conversion but ignoring purchasing power disparities. Which is just sheer greed at the end of the day.

Objectively speaking, this is going to stimulate waiting for a big sale or just outright piracy.
Inflation here over the last entire year was 100%. Game was 4850, and it jumped to 12958, which means a 167% increase overnight.

Minimum wage here at the moment is ARS 69500, and considering we have 75% taxes on steam purchases, the game goes up to a staggering ARS 22676, or 1/3 of minimum wage.

With the price jump the game is currently more expensive than in the US, coming in at $64.54 with the new price. T_T

lets hang out posted:

Might be based on Steam's recent adjustments to their recommended regional pricing. Some indie devs have been suggesting the huge jumps in Turkey and Argentina are more about discouraging people from swapping regions to get games much cheaper than they could in their own currency, and I guess deciding the people who actually live in those countries can get hosed.
Not even close to the recommended prices. Steam's suggested regional pricing for 59.99 USD games is ARS 3999, which makes the pre-jump price already higher than the recommendation (it was 4850).

I'm just mad, both at capcom and at my loving country sorry. :v:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
For anybody picking up Rebel Galaxy Outlaw: LOWER YOUR PC's/SPEAKERS VOLUME WHEN STARTING THE GAME. It has to be one of the loudest loving games I've had the displeasure of launching; once I could get into the menu I had to drop all volume sliders to something stupidly low like 10% for it to stop trying to blow out my speakers (and eardrums).

Fun game, but gently caress that default volume.

Edmond Dantes fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Mar 15, 2023

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

The Pirate Captain posted:

Try Midnight Fight Express. It’s basically Batman combat and nothing else with massive replayability.

And an amazing soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0M-z5INtkc

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Wonder how Everspace 2 plays with a HOTAS. I have both the game and a stick, but I'm too lazy to set the stick up to try it out. :v:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
I really liked Eternal (in a different way that I liked 2016 but still) enough that I went back and 100%d all collectibles, but I watched someone play the first 30 mins of the DLC and noped right the gently caress out. I'll just replay Eternal if I get the itch, the DLC looks miserable.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
I'm eyeballing FF7R; general consensus seems to be it's pretty good? I was a big fan of the original back in the day but I'm not a purist by any means; at some point I spoiled myself on "the thing" about the remake about the weird time ghosts you punch in the face to change the timeline? And I'm pretty fine with a new take on the story instead of a beat by beat retelling, but I'm Concerned they're gonna Kingdom Hearts it up in the sequels and start throwing out nebulous concepts as enemies (Hearless, Whispers, whatever). Is 7R/the DLC good enough on its own that I can just go 'eh' if they gently caress up the sequels?

Also, how anime is it? :v:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Grabbed FF7R, thanks for the input.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Hwurmp posted:

they can't make a sequel to Brütal Legend until somebody invents a 2 with an umlaut on it

Brütal Legend ĎĎ

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
The Dungeon Formerly Known As Darkest

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

explosivo posted:

Win+P is a godsend for those who use a TV as a third monitor, I leave it on "Extend" to use my two main monitors as displays but when I want to use my TV to play something I Win+P and choose "Second monitor only" and it quickly disables my two monitors and enables the TV.

Dangit, I've been trying to do this and I can't get it to work. Do you need to set up the tv as "second monitor" or something?

/edit OOOOOOOOOOOOOH I GOT IT

Windows considers "Extend" and "Second Monitor Only" as different configs altogether. I set up my two monitors for "extend" with the TV disabled and then I changed to "second monitor only" and disabled everything but the tv and it works. :v:

Edmond Dantes fucked around with this message at 14:45 on May 24, 2023

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Zapf Dingbat posted:

hell yeah i've been sucking at street fighter for 30 years and it's time to continue that fine tradition

God I haven't played SF since 4 and I'm being absolute shite at 6. :(

It's not stopping me from modding my fightstick into a leverless and giving it a try though. :getin:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Is Nioh 2's coop "proper" coop or souls-like summons only?

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Alright thread, haven't seen one of these in a few pages so do ya thing, talk me into/out of stuff or just chime in, I Just like reading people's opinions.

Did RE8 ever get the 3rd person mode? How close is it to something like RE4? Haven't played an RE since 5. (RE4make is super expensive in my region so that's out of the list for now).

I know there's like 3 VS-likes in there, read some HoT chatter in the last few pages but feel free to get into a slapfight about which one to keep :can: (Loved VS, put a couple hours into Boneraiser but didn't quite click with it).

Azran posted:

Nah it's proper coop, you can do the entirety of it together and it loving rocks. Nioh 2 is IMO the premier Souls-like coop experience

Owl Inspector posted:

[More Nioh 2 coop info.]
Sounds good, I'll try to convince some friends to give it a try. Thanks both!

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Thanks for chiming in everyone; ended up cutting RE8, Kena and Beat Hazard (I never end up playing these 'use your own music' games) and threw in Slay the Spire. Played it a bit on Game Pass, bounced off, but wanted to give it another try.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

The Lone Badger posted:

You haven't even seen the robots yet.

Or the robot figures.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Hey, anybody know what ended up happening with Titanfall 2's online? I used to play a Frontier Defence quite frequently but stopped after the servers got... compromised? Hacked? Somehow hosed up and kinda lost track of it.

I remember reading something about a... launcher? Mod? Called Northstar but whoever mentioned it to me (a while back) also said that it didn't work for FrontierDef so I never looked into it.

Did they ever fix the servers? Do you still need Northstar? Man I just miss Frontier Defence. :(

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

I said come in! posted:

I've wondered this same thing too. I wish the multiplayer could at least be played with AI bots.

ClonedPickle posted:

Frontier Defense is playable again, but it's a little tricky. The multiplayer menu seems to have become a ticking timebomb with no visible timer, eventually losing connection and booting you back to the main menu. If you lose connection while in the multiplayer menu, any loadout or customization changes become undone, so if you make an important change or pull an advocate gift you like, manually go back to the main menu to save that before you lose connection. The main issue, though, is that you need to matchmake before the connection timebomb goes off. So, if you're just matchmaking solo, that just means having your loadouts set, exit to main, re-enter multiplayer and immediately queue up for FD.

The secondary main issue is that in the re-brand from Origin to EA App, you can no longer view your party in-game. So, if you're playing FD with friends, whoever isn't hosting needs to vocally confirm that the invite to party worked, which you can now only tell because the "Find Game" option becomes locked. The upside is that if you're playing with a full team of 4, matchmaking time is a quick 5 seconds of finding a server to dump you in, so the risk of everyone getting thrown back to the main menu is significantly less than if you still had to group up then search for pubbies to fill out the remaining slot(s).

Once you're actually playing the game, though, you're good. No more connection timebomb.

Ended up installing Northstar, which is basically a launcher that connects you to a private server browser, filtered by FD and found a game right away.

I was able to connect to Respawn's servers but didn't try to find a match, however googling a bit when I posted that yesterday looks like they're still kinda hosed, apparently a game mode called "spicy attrition" showed up for a day then disappeared this week, so I may just stick with Northstar.

Still feels fantastic to play. I've missed ignoring the Geneva Suggestions on my Scorch.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

FastestGunAlive posted:

Spicy attrition was one of the custom playlists they’d rotate through. Everyone had their grenades replaced with Ticks. It was pretty fun. One of the other ones was everyone had grapple in addition to any other tactical ability I think

oh lmao completely misunderstood some reddit chatter yesterday about that then.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
God, I'd murder someone for an Omega Collection port for pc.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

exquisite tea posted:

The truest pro move is to buy games to never play them.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Sway Grunt posted:

I... did it? :confuoot:

Congrats.

Or... I'm sorry?

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

RBA Starblade posted:

It wasn't bad, but it also wasn't particularly good

I've been in these god forsaken forums for years and this has to be in the top 3 of worst opinions I've read in here.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Man, this is the coolest poo poo. Blind SF6 player at EVO.

Videogames... good?

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

MarcusSA posted:

He probably just button mashes.

Dude, he's playing on Classic controls and is in the winners pools, dude's smashing it. I just watched him block a crossup. Absolute loving legend.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

awesmoe posted:

would be more impressive if he was the one using the controller imo

Lmao, that was someone setting up the blind options for him. :v:

Dude won 2-1. Man, this is some great poo poo.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Leal posted:

Posting on the weed page :420:

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

smoke weed; play games. what more could you want

Not emptyquoting.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Bumhead posted:

Cool I guess but my preference remains for Sony to port across some of their smaller scale stuff. Lets get Wipeout Omega Collection and Resogun on there, or start liberating some poo poo from the shackles of the PS3 like Tokyo Jungle.

Edmond Dantes posted:

God, I'd murder someone for an Omega Collection port for pc.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Man, what a cool bird.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

drat Dirty Ape posted:

AC4 has made me wish that every game had collectable sea shanties.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Upsidads posted:

I wish steam let me resize it to fit half a screen

Can't you just do WinKey+left/right arrow?

/Edit: you can also just drag any program window against the left or right of your screen.

Edmond Dantes fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Dec 1, 2023