Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Bad Seafood posted:

How does the Steam port of Dwarf Fortress run? I vaguely recall the OG version giving some people a lot of trouble, even though it's all displayed in ACSI graphics, due to how much stuff it had to process in the background.

Some of the later game forts get pretty demanding and can take your system down to single digit frame rates.

Its very CPU heavy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

I found Monster Train to be infinitely more fun than StS.

I definitely didn’t.

Monster Train was the first game I’ve ever refunded.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The Kins posted:

Official reason is to account for inflation since the 2016 release.

lol this is fuckin stupid

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Has anyone been playing dream light valley? It looks like a nice chill deck game b

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

HopperUK posted:

It's pretty nice but I've only played on gamepass, and I haven't got my Deck set up for that so haven't tried it there.

Thanks! I did some YouTube work and it looks like it runs pretty dang well on the deck.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Agent355 posted:

L
On the other hand does it really count as 'representation' if it is a completely meaningless decision that doesn't play into anything?

Yes it absolutely does.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Weedle posted:

it’s not a powerful moment but it is representation

It’s this.

Not everything has to be some powerful moment.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

This is one hell of a deal.

Look at that discount

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I’ll get the game if I can play it on my steam deck.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Rinkles posted:

What kind of frame rate are you getting with the Division 1?

I have it set to a locked 40 and I haven’t noticed any dips.

The division 2 seems harder to run though but you could probably maintain a locked 40 with low and medium settings.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Kerbal Space Program 2 is like a vastly expanded version of 1 with interstellar travel. It’s my most anticipated game if the year. They have put a lot of love into this.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

so are these pre-embargo leaks or what? do people have review copies?
where are the leaks coming from

e: found the full image

I don’t even understand what this dumbass tweet is trying to say.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

chestnut santabag posted:

Does Steam not have the option to update all games currently in the library with a single button press? I've currently got 75 games scheduled to update and I'd like to just get it all done now without having to click each manually.

If it’s there I’ve never seen it. It’s kinda annoying that it’s not an option

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

ironically discussing it is explicitly banned in reset era

lol that site is wild.

I do wonder if it does continue getting high review scores how they are going to twist it.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The 7th Guest posted:

they're extremely performative over there so I imagine they would keep the ban going. they also put a disclaimer in every cyberpunk thread claiming that bigotry was innate to the Polish so. lol

Well it’s in their DNA you see.

I’m sure the potter game is going to sell a billion copies.

I’m just going to play VS and Fortnite instead.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The ps5 thread is great because people are like “everyone knows JK is a horrible monster!” And then like 10 min later a dude comes in and is like “I legit had no idea about her till I read it in this thread but I’m not buying the game now” lol

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

There's a trans character in the Potter game?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The one true scale right here.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah Hogwarts has decent voice work lol

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Resdfru posted:

Aw yea, a proper fantasy life sequel is great news. I ahd so much fun in that game co-op. The mobile version was trash

the mobile version was also just shut down lol a proper sequel is great news.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The 7th Guest posted:

uhhh holy poo poo mundfish how are you gonna explain this one. holey moley

:ussr:

While it’s 2023 for us some parts of the world are stuck back in time.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Barreft posted:

drat this is the best free game
https://i.imgur.com/Ia91OuX.mp4

Unbelievable

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Barreft posted:

Moonlight rules
sound
https://streamable.com/n99vwq

incredible game.

Gross

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

i'm still here i just realized during my week long binge vacation in mexico not posting i don't want to post anymore

didn't realize that was my last post lol that would've been poignant

That was one hell of a ride!

Hopefully mexico was nice

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Waste of Breath posted:

II don't know if steam actively punishes people for this or if that's just a rumor,

Not exactly punishes but they have been known to revoke keys so that’s definitely a risk.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

mycot posted:

It's ironic that they killed the successful superhero GAAS and have never succeeded at making a new one ever again

Yeah this

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

FuzzySlippers posted:

Tangledeep is my favorite traditional ish roguelike on steam. It's so good. Plays great on switch or deck too

Thanks for this. I’m not sure why I don’t already own it.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

BigRed0427 posted:

Does anyone else know how to get GZ DOOM to load other WAD files?

This game needs steam workshop support

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Finished Greedfall finally. Because I am not feeling good tonight, and really just wanted to finish this game, I ended up getting petty and vindictive against the key NPCs in the story, went the route of war crimes against everyone. Lots of murder, backstabbing, and betrayal was had, but it made no difference in the ending anyways.

I think you have that battle star galactic game on your wishlist and it’s free till tomorrow or something.

BattleStar Galactic: Deadlock is free on steam until noon 4-9-2023

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

FuzzySlippers posted:

Any recent cozy game suggestions? My wife is finished with Wylde Flowers (don't see it mentioned much but she adored it) and looking for something new. She is looking for a life/farm/witch/etc sim but with a proper story.

Played and liked: Stardew Valley, Cozy Grove, Dreamlight Valley, Wylde Flowers
Neutral: My Time at Portia, Harvestella
Not Liked: Rune Factory (stiff gameplay, overwritten stilted story), Animal Crossings (not enough gameplay and story)

NGL here but Disney Dreamlight Valley is great.

It’s early access but I’ve put in a good 5-6 hours and it doesn’t feel like it’s EA. I’m digging the story too

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

FuzzySlippers posted:

Any recent cozy game suggestions? My wife is finished with Wylde Flowers (don't see it mentioned much but she adored it) and looking for something new. She is looking for a life/farm/witch/etc sim but with a proper story.

Played and liked: Stardew Valley, Cozy Grove, Dreamlight Valley, Wylde Flowers
Neutral: My Time at Portia, Harvestella
Not Liked: Rune Factory (stiff gameplay, overwritten stilted story), Animal Crossings (not enough gameplay and story)

Oh and Dreamlight valley is free on gamepass if she wants to give it a try.

I also think the music is pretty fantastic but I like disney stuff so :shrug:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

FrickenMoron posted:

I can't understand anyone who likes Stardew but doesn't like Rune Factory since it does everything pretty much better.

Anime.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

mycot posted:

Rune Factory 4 has a really arduous opening and tutorial (thread topical!) so I can understand bouncing off it.

Yeah I absolutely love 4 but this is definitely true.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Days gone is a really great mediocre game.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The 7th Guest posted:

the new 3D Desktop Dungeons remake (Desktop Dungeons Rewind) will be given to owners of the original game for free when it releases on the 18th

That’s pretty cool.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I’ve only ever refunded 1 game.

Monster Train.

Not that it was a bad game I just like slay the spire better.

A week later I got Monster Train as part of some bundle lol

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I’ve recently made the transition to these

EPOS Audio H6PRO Open Acoustic Gaming Headset (Racing Green) https://a.co/d/i7I6dE5

You can get them from the Amazon warehouse for $71 and they are quite frankly amazing at that price. The mic quality is fantastic and it’s also detachable.

It also has a removable cable.

I love them so much I bought a second pair for my Xbox and ps5.

I’m not sure they fit that well into the $160 price range but they are probably the best you’ll find for the under $100 range no question.

Seriously they are fantastic.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Anno posted:

Some reviews came out for Minecraft Legends overnight and are in the “it’s fine” territory. SkillUp recommended it though so I watched his video and finally understand what the game is and think it looks like it could be a lot of fun. So if you were at all interested that’s what I’d recommend looking at, because the written reviews I read were pretty bad.

It should be on gamepass right? I’ll give it a shot.

Minecraft dungeons was pretty fun.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

SpacePope posted:

Just play Starsector and forget about the other space games.

I agree with this.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3570400&perpage=40&pagenumber=1&noseen=1

I bought the game like 10 (?) years ago and it’s been hella worth it.

Fake edit : I bought it may 2011 and it’s been the best $10.00

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

unruly posted:

I uh, yeah. What?

Post your play history lol