Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the best debates in gaming are is cuphead racist, should dark souls have an easy mode, is titty armor sexist, and does playing counter strike make you complicit in war crimes

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

My view of it is that you can't simply ignore fromsoft games because they're popular and not a niche. Like I enjoy Warriors games but they're very niche outside of the Zelda ones so people can kind of just ignore them. You can't really ignore Dark Souls and be part of the general gaming conversation because it only seems to get more and more popular. Some of these people seem to be afraid to be left out of it. Which is odd, because Mario Kart 8 has outside the entire souls franchise, I think even including Elden Ring, but nobody really talks about it.

Yes you can OP. It's actually very simple

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

Yeah, normies man. They ruin everything.

Your posts are extremely whack, and fail. Please stop making them

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

GreatGreen posted:

Is Crash Bandicoot 4 good? What's its main hook? I've never played any of the Crash Bandicoot games but I'm a fan of platformers like Mario and Rayman, which seem to look similar.

the consensus is that it's good but the main problem is that it is an absolutely nightmarish game to 100%

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
in fairness the "100% sucks" thing is a legitimate problem because a lot of people really did enjoy 100%-ing the classic Crash games and there's the question of what you do once you've beaten the campaign once

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Those people are fail because MW2 was epic.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
witcher 3 unfortunately aged kind of bad because now every action game seemingly has that kind of diablo-esque inventory screen where it's about number going up and now everyone's sick of it

though the combat was never good

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Harry pooper

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Resdfru posted:

It's a pointless debate anyway. Harry Potter is the 8th highest grossing media property ever. It's gonna sell a gently caress load and nothing anyone says is gonna change that

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_media_franchises

I will change it

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Jack Trades posted:

Yes but...combat is only like 20% of the game.

yeah, thats one of those games i have zero qualms about knocking it to easy because i'm not playing it for the combat

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

No Wave posted:

You just complained about the combat (correct there isnt much to it) and a bunch of nonsense mechanics almost no one engages with. Is there a bunch of pointless open world fluff in the game? yeah absolutely but none of that is why the game is good/liked.

yeah but its still bad lol

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i mean i just set witcher 3 to easy because i hate the combat but love the dialogue and sidequests but a better solution than "set the game on easy" is "the game's combat should not be rear end"

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Those games are pretty win.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I liked the combat in Control. I advise playing the game like a normal person

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

zoux posted:

Again, it's people that use the gun too much. It's not a shooter ignore the gun!

gun is fine. so are the powers

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Skyrim is fail

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
hurrrrr ubisoft bad

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
far cry 2 was a legitimately innovative game that did a ton of cool stuff in a way that's shocking for ubisoft even if there are some real tedious flaws

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
far cry 3's most innovative feature was having a minor character deliver a Joker Monologue in a scene that exists to get E3 buzz

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
ubisoft trying to be edgy was really funny, does anyone remember the marketing for canceled project Rainbow 6 Patriots

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I shant play it as it seems real boring and Harry Potter sucks

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
George w bush hid the facts

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

For the love of everything fraggable, it's farking cold in here

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Croccers posted:

Also lol at Steam removing the Tranphobic tag. From what the devs have leaked it's Racist :v
can someone edit this so the weight says NATIONAL DEBT

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Epic....

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i finished it without dying once. it was frankly very easy

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
my favorite thing about outer wilds was how when I started I was really careful about landing the ship and using the landing camera and stuff, and by the end I was basically playing Space Jackass

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Volte posted:

I think they meant this Metal Gear:

In which case, no you don't need to play that first.

metal gear 2 is actually sick but you do need a toleration for weird early 90s Japanese PC games

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
if you dont play Metal Gear 2 at least watch the intro which is totally sick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEcqLrvIZko

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Tiny Timbs posted:

Controlling for profit margins they should be even cheaper

actually, as the supply of new games is dropping, the price of them will rise, due to the law of supply and demand. people are forecasting the price of PS5 games to hit infinity dollars in 2025

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i think manufacturing costs especially with custom chips in some SNES games was probably a big deal then, it wasnt like how the PS could take advantage on how cheap CDs were to make

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
yeah there are different sizes of switch cart too but storage is so cheap these days that i doubt it makes that much of a difference except for when Capcom cheaps out and doesnt pay for a cart that can hold both Resident Evil Origins games on it

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Cowcaster posted:

oh no, i'm not falling for clicking a link with the words "monkey inflation" in it again

Lol

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
yeah there were a few d-pad gimmicks like that when they had just come out

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i think I saw a splinter cell game with really granular walk speeds and you changed it with the scroll wheel which was psychotic

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

big cummers ONLY posted:

The writing there is not to my taste but Marvel still sells like gangbusters so somebody must like it

Normies FTL

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
what if the game was called "foreskin" and it was a tie-in to Silent Hill

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Sunset Overdrive is one of those games that wants you to think it's fast but plays real slow.

I dunno if that makes any sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i always like looking up an old console RPG on gamefaqs and reading something like "by the way the evasion stat does literally nothing because it was not properly coded into the game"