Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
GMO, more like Get Me Outta here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

RBA Starblade posted:

At this point by the time a game actually hits a discount I'd consider buying it it turned out I didn't really care about it that much anyway

Saaaaaaaame

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Marauders rule. Just shoot them until they're dead

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Jack Trades posted:

Shogun - Railgun - Shotgun - Railgun - Glory Kill

Or shotgun - Redeemer
Or grenade - BFG
Or railgun - minigun

Or anything! Hell you can kill them with splash damage from rockets or the single shotgun

They're exceedingly easy to kill, people just panic under pressure

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

on the computer posted:

gun to my head? I would die rather than not be a part of the general gaming convversation.

According to Polygon this makes you racist

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Huh, that looks fun. Is it by the same developer as 1,000,000? Looks like the same art style and design language.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

drat Dirty Ape posted:

The base NWN campaign is pretty rough and I don’t think I would recommend it.

It is painfully, PAINFULLY slow. I can't recommend it either.

I did have a fantastic custom module scene, no idea how much of that remains two decades later, though

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Cowcaster posted:

i don't really think i'd call cuphead a platformer

The platformer sections aren't the main appeal, but it's absolutely a platformer that has (mostly) static boss fight arenas.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

ultrafilter posted:

Don't gently caress with Disney.

Pooh is public domain now so it doesn't really matter

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Skyrim is fail

Epic

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

anilEhilated posted:

The annoyance factor is really overstated. The big ones in Skyrim are far worse.

The annoyance from cliff racers comes down to two things: new players that get mobbed by them with a weapon skill that can't hit for poo poo, and mid- to late- game players that are trying to rest but can't because a racer is stuck on geometry somewhere nearby.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

fit em all up in there posted:

Anyone here play Roadwarden?

Yeah, we all love it. There's also a free demo to try out

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

RandomBlue posted:

You can't just put black people in games willy nilly!!!!

There's only so many of 'em and we don't want to waste them on storylines that aren't adequately Black enough

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

When the heck is the AMID EVIL expansion coming out.

It was supposed to be out before the end of 2022!

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Triarii posted:

I enjoyed reading up on the story of Elden Ring after I'd finished it, partly because I had no idea what had happened and it was still mostly a mystery. It was kinda like walking past a huge street brawl on my way home from work, and then later reading a news story about it that explained what everyone was fighting about, and saying "ohhhh, that's why that one guy was so mad".

This also applies to opera

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

it's more like saying "i ordered the entree but didn't touch the potatoes that came on the side"

Goons only understand concepts through food allegories so I'm glad you broke it down this way

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Agent355 posted:

All that matters is I consume the movie in the most efficient way possible. I'll watch it in fast forward to see how many explosions there are and then read the wiki later.

We've finally found Elon Musk's parachute account

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Triarii posted:

Here let me try

Skipping cutscenes is like ordering a rotisserie chicken and they also give you a little printed short story about the farmer who raised the chicken, but you decide to not read that and just eat the chicken instead

Wait, is that what the costco receipt is for? I've just been throwing those away gently caress

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Pigbuster posted:

Pizza Tower is loving perfect.

Surprisingly similar to my experience playing Monster Hunter

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Brocktoon posted:

Extremely happy and proud to share that after toiling in the video game mines for over a decade, my brother has struck out on his own and made the game he has been thinking about for years. Loosely inspired by Miasmata, CACHE GRABBERS is a relaxing, first-person cartography puzzle game, and its page just went up on Steam.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2258260/Cache_Grabbers/

Well this looks dope as hell. Thanks for the heads up!

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

exquisite tea posted:

I’m gonna be honest, I don’t understand TCGs on a fundamental level. I play video games exactly because I can see my little man beat up stuff instead of some lame picture, that is in fact the entire point!!

What if your little man was a picture?

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

PantsBandit posted:

Is...is that a turd on her shoulder...

I had that exact same thought. I had to expand the image and I'm still not sure what the hell that is. My only consolation is the apparent combat text "Overlord Furfur uses [D] Milk Crusher"

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

veni veni veni posted:

Anyone interested in going halfsies on the Survival humble bundle? I already have Chernobylite and Long Dark, so I'm only interested in State of Decay 2 and Scum. The other games we could split up or whatever. I don't care that much about them. $7 for Chernobylite alone is a really good deal.

Send me a DM, I'd be up for grabbing Chernobylite off you for $7 USD

edit: thanks!

Propaganda Hour fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Feb 2, 2023

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

The 7th Guest posted:

Another game bites the dust. this one isn't being taken down though

B4B is in a much, much better spot now than it was in launch. I played it with some friends about two months ago and really enjoyed the experience overall. I'm excited to see what they do next. Seems like a perfectly fine time to stop adding stuff

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Stone shart

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Civvie11 put up a video recently on the first Unreal. It's been forever since I played through the game, but the Skarrj reminded me so strongly of the marauder. They do the same scary back-up-and-circle-stafe move which immediately caught my attention. Civvie pointed out that the Skarrj were programmed by a dude that wrote bot scripting for Quake which modeled human behavior like zone and resource control, air control, switching weapons based on engagement distance, and splash damage utilization. All the things that human players were doing at the time in competitive games, and it was terrifying and effective. It's almost surprising that this stuff isn't more common 25 years later.

So yeah, skill issue

https://youtu.be/5PtU2stZK0M

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Lord Lambeth posted:

I think I would have a lot more fun if info like the freeze grenade and the fire bomb were located in center screen. they're in the corner of the hud and I'm always fumbling that action specifically.

They added that when the DLC came out. There are little dots below your reticle that track those cool downs.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Jack Trades posted:

The "race car hud" doesn't actually show the grenades in the middle of the screen, IIRC. Shows everything else but not the grenades.

It's stupid.

Huh, I could have swore it had grenades but i was thinking about the belcher. Punch, belcher, sword, chainsaw

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

anilEhilated posted:

Seriously. The high chaos version of the final level is a lot more fun.

Ending theme song

https://youtu.be/OXQwx1EolD8

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Why even wear armor? Just don't get hit, dummy

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Azran posted:

What's that game that looks very similar in artstyle to Octopath Traveller? People talked about it recently

Live A Live?

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

StarkRavingMad posted:

It's not really a "game" but I wanted to praise Placid Plastic Duck Simulator for a second.

PPDS rules. Vinesauce will sometimes keep it running in the background during a stream and tab over to check on his ducks. Love those little critters

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

SilverMike posted:

please dont gently caress your fridge

Buddy,

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

I buy my games by the pound

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Jack Trades posted:

:jfc:

I guess Cyanide Studios keeps doing Cyanide Studios.

2023 seems like it's been a rough year for AA level studios

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

I'm about three hours into Sons of the Forest with a multiplayer group and we love it. Spelunking caves, attacking cannibal camps, being stalked by a 3-legged woman, accidentally eating rotten fish, building log forts in the mountains. It's an excellent time so far and there are hints that there is almost a metroidvania aspect of the game where areas of the island are "locked" behind unique items like a shovel, zipline gun, etc.

Runs fine for me. i5 12th gen intel, 16 GB ram, 3070ti. Playing on High at 1440p. Getting pretty consistent minimum FPS of 75 that can get up to 100-105 in some areas. Never seen it above that, though. The gameplay feels complete (or nearly complete), so I'm hoping their plan is to use Early Access to focus on stability and performance

Love the error message "Can't carry any more skulls"

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Fruits of the sea posted:

From a scale of Valheim to Ark, how jank is it? Might want to get the gaming group together for it.

Ark. It's like Ark in the Predator universe. It has a delightful amount of jank at the moment.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Copper Vein posted:

what the gently caress are you holding in these screens? looks like a bundle of sheet metal. are you fabbing up some body panels for your samurai?

It's a survival blanket that you can use for an emergency shelter.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Ragequit posted:

Game developers, please use care when coding your offensive term lists

https://twitter.com/InternetH0F/status/1629097345122983936

We are the K***hts who say "Ni-"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

GreenBuckanneer posted:

God forbid I have a j*b

Jeb!