Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

My view of it is that you can't simply ignore fromsoft games because they're popular and not a niche. Like I enjoy Warriors games but they're very niche outside of the Zelda ones so people can kind of just ignore them. You can't really ignore Dark Souls and be part of the general gaming conversation because it only seems to get more and more popular. Some of these people seem to be afraid to be left out of it. Which is odd, because Mario Kart 8 has outside the entire souls franchise, I think even including Elden Ring, but nobody really talks about it.

i can actually see the brainworms crawling out of this post holy crap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Cowcaster posted:

i like the windows 95 mahjong where you match the pairs on the pyramids

i didnt even know this wasnt really mahjong for years lol

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

koei tecmo did toukiden which was a pretty cool monster hunter knockoff so i am hopeful for this new one.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

im like 6 levels into baba is me and i already feel stupid

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

if i want steam to acknowledge most of my warframe cheevos i would have to sam them because i did them on their standalone client rather than the steam client and they dont automatically sync

i dont actually care enough to bother with that though.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

googling "next steam sale" tells me a spring sale is starting in 8 days.

isthereanydeal.com is the deal site

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

has anyone even made a worse nemesis system game?

warframe went for a really half-assed implementation in their lich system. thats just a bolted on system to an older game though, not something the game was built around.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

https://www.wsiu.org/2023-03-09/there-are-about-3-u-s-train-derailments-per-day-they-arent-usually-major-disasters

it is!

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

they didnt even get the good sonic one

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

huh, i got a card drop after 28 minutes of game time. i thought the rule was if you have refunded a game before cards only drop after 2 hours.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

ive never felt like i needed to play mirrors edge but now that it is being removed im like "poo poo i gotta buy it in case i want to play it sometime" and i wonder how many sales they get from that kind of fomo alone. probably literally years worth of the normal sales for such an old game.

then they can release a remaster later on and cash in again.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Sab669 posted:

Even if you don't play Counter Strike, the fancy new smoke grenades Valve just showed off are technically cool as hell:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=_y9MpNcAitQ

beyond just being cool, the gameplay ramifications of this change are absolutely massive. being able to chuck a grenade and see through a smoke is going to shake up everything.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

zoux posted:

Do the Jock Games (Madden, FIFA, 2K, CoD) make tons of GaaS money or something, what's driving this

they all have like card pack poo poo now i think

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i never once botted in d2

i also never got a zod rune

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

trash loot drops are actually a very important aspect of how the game feels.

ggg recently did a patch where they gutted item drops and they kept saying "we dont know why you guys are complaining, by our metrics you are getting more currency drops overall than you used to!"

people were complaining because killing a mob or opening a chest and seeing literally nothing drop feels like poo poo in a game like this.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

yeah hundreds of hours is like, per league for a lot of us lol

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Ghostlight posted:

It's the difference between going to the bathroom to take a poo poo and taking a poo poo in your diaper. Yes, they're both making GBS threads but one of them has you stop doing your activities and go to a room where you read the SomethingAwful forums until it ends while the other one doesn't even ask you to interrupt your live speech for the 2024 Republican nomination.

lol

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i was looking through my wishlist and saw https://store.steampowered.com/app/1260590/Hadean_Tactics/ this thing and remembered we had a little autobattler fad going on a couple years ago that got completely derailed by vampire survivors-likes. kind of funny how fast that shifted.

i think the only autobattler i picked up was vivid knight which was good. did any other fun ones come out?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

credburn posted:

Anyone play Kenshi?
careful or you will summon stux

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i love that this is what farsight went for after pinball arcade died.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i got the base version of death stranding for free from epic. is the directors cut worth shelling out for?

the only other thing i would care about in there is revita so kind of meh for me.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

you can cancel immediately and its fine

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

The 7th Guest posted:

i mentioned a Pushmo clone last month which came out this past week... turns out the final level is a portrait of Donald Trump :negative:

you had one job, and you blew it

lol poo poo

pushmo was great

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

a lot of times i will specifically buy through steam rather than like greenman or humble or whatever because i know i can refund if necessary.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

credburn posted:

Hey gang, what's the best set of headphones I should get? I've had an awesome set for a few years but it finally needs replaced. It had (kindasorta) 5.1 surround!

do you want a headset/mic combo or would you be fine with headphones and a separate mic? that changes your options significantly

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

it's shady because it is against steam's rules and if they notice they will permaban the account.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Europa Truck Simulator would be cool

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

maybe i havent noticed any issues because i just always use the browser store for everything other than launching a game.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Unlucky7 posted:

I had Desktop Dungeons Rewind appear after restarting, so maybe that would help.

yep restarting the steam client made it pop up in my library as well

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Bad Seafood posted:

What's the word on Wildfrost?

check out the last few pages of the roguelike thread https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3563643

the most glaring negative ive seen posted isnt that its hard, it is that you get very few options to actually build your deck in a deckbuilder.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

atomicrops

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

ff14 is squares biggest cash cow and they are milking it

gotta cover for all the flops somehow

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

AfricanBootyShine posted:

Does hardcore raiding still exist in modern WoW?

oh absolutely. the race to world first in wow is a big community event that gets streamed every raid tier release. the best guilds in the world play for ~16 hours a day for roughly 2 weeks. they have entire paid support teams of analysts and addon code writers and poo poo to help them.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

if anyone is curious what the production is like, heres a video from the very end of the last race. https://twitch.tv/videos/1693880792

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

$30 usd

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

everything always comes back to videogame journalism being the worst

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

steam deck verified

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

but they already offer 2 hour free trials?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Milo is real and has been trapped forever in cyberspace now that the game was canceled

he is never, ever going to finish that homework assignment. really sad.

look at this emergent emotion i am feeling all these years later without even playing the game. molyneux is actually a genius.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

anyone play beneath oresa? i havent heard of that one