Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Digital Flower
Sep 5, 2011

OzFactor posted:

I hear you all like spiders! You should read this really great science fiction novel: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Children_of_Time_(novel) (it is extremely good whether or not you like spiders)

Children of Time is good and cool, but needed fewer human chapters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Flower
Sep 5, 2011
There's Doomwheel, but that's mobile showelware-thing that's probably best experienced as a minute's worth of YouTube footage.

Digital Flower
Sep 5, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

Do NOT get Legacy of the First Blade, it's loving awful and quite frankly deeply insulting

I just wanted to quote this from the AC talk last page because it is 100% correct and good advice for anyone thinking of getting Odyssey.

Digital Flower
Sep 5, 2011
I just want them to revive WipeOut series, PC port or no.

Digital Flower
Sep 5, 2011

Bumhead posted:

You may well have received this recommendation before, but you should check out BallisticNG.

I regard it basically as Wipeout 4. I'm a particularly fussy Wipeout fan - I think the first game and 2097/XL had a very specific grungy future vibe that the series never recaptured since - and BallisticNG is easily the closest anti-grav racer I've played that comes close to that aesthetic. It's still got some of the freshness of Wip3out as well though.

It's a really good game in its own right but yeah if you have any nostalgia at all for PS1 era Wipeout then it's a must play.

Already got it, but excellent advice for anyone looking for that Wipeout experience.

I haven't played it anywhere near as much as it deserves, because I keep going back to Omega Collection, but need get back to it - if for no better reason than track variety. I have some mixed feelings about games going for retro artstyle, but I can't hate it for looking like the originals.

Digital Flower
Sep 5, 2011
I don't post much and nothing of value is lost there, but I wish to confirm what others have already said: Slay the Princess is very good and absolutely worth getting.

Digital Flower
Sep 5, 2011

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

Are there any good recent games with a Star Fox 64 vibe - like a rail shooter where you can dodge around a little bit?

There's a Panzer Dragoon Remake from couple of years ago if the space theme isn't mandatory.

Digital Flower
Sep 5, 2011

Scalding Coffee posted:

How is Panzer Dragoon?

Like HotD, its just a fresh coat of paint and leans hard on nostalgia. Very retro and best enjoyed in short sessions. Good bundle for that price though!

Digital Flower
Sep 5, 2011

Nyaa posted:

Speaking of xcom, is Phoenix Point good enough yet with fan fixes?

I don't know about any fan fixes or such, but it's good enough as it is for how much they are asking for it in the sale.

Digital Flower
Sep 5, 2011
Push it into the sun.

Digital Flower
Sep 5, 2011

victrix posted:

the music absolutely slaps

If you think that, have a look at Ixion from the devs.

Digital Flower
Sep 5, 2011

I hope this does OK so that they'll resume the development on Jumplight Odyssey.
Their reasons for putting it on hold (running out of money) were fair enough, but it hurt me very, very badly.

I'd probably have bought Solium Infernum anyway based on very vague memories of the original, but I don't even care if it's terrible while clinging on that hope.

Digital Flower
Sep 5, 2011

I said come in! posted:

Buy Robocop if you're able to. This game is extremely good.

What really sold it to me is that they got Peter Weller doing the voice, and he is absolutely nailing it even though it's been almost 40 years.

They reuse the same maps a little bit too much, but it's a small dev and making games is expensive, so that's fair enough.

Digital Flower
Sep 5, 2011
Well it's certainly exploring unknown depths and attracting strange lifeforms.

Digital Flower
Sep 5, 2011

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

for example, if you buy the prophet and the warlock, you will be able to play as Ikkit Claw

Greatest, best inventor!

Digital Flower
Sep 5, 2011

Scalding Coffee posted:

I only did the demo. I went through a lot of settings one at a time and the demo still ran at 20fps. It's old news. My computer is approaching ten years.

For what it's worth, the demo ran like poo poo even on 4080, but the release version was fine.

Digital Flower
Sep 5, 2011
Returnal is fantastic I won't hear anyone say otherwise.

Digital Flower
Sep 5, 2011
Inquisition's Tresspasser DLC dropped some seriously big lore bombs for anyone who wasn't completely checked out by that point.

Digital Flower
Sep 5, 2011

lordfrikk posted:

If you don't care about 2 additional locations (haven't played them myself so can't attest to their quality)

They're good.

But yeah IOI is incapable of selling their games like a normal dev.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Flower
Sep 5, 2011
Do you people eat your rice with ketchup or mustard?