Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Tried to subscribe to a Rimworld mod, Steam says I have to log in, then it can't reach the servers. Staying consistent for the New Year!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Resdfru posted:

So anyone got any recommendations for games that 3 to 6 year olds can play? For an idea of what they like: they love Wobbly Life and Grand Theft Auto 5 (with the family friendly mod). So basically open world driving but you can get outta the car and do stuff too.

I think sadly Wobbly life and gta v modded are gonna be it. So I'll take other types of games that are wholesome and kid friendly if anyone has any
Late to the party, but hunt-the-object games are great for kids. Somebody in the Hidden Games thread said his four-year-old loved Under Leaves, and all 3 episodes of FIND ME.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Has anybody played The Master's Eye? I just read this WaPo interview with the creator (gift link) and it sounds amazing.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

McKracken posted:

Recently finished Kentucky Route 0 and I'm still itching for something narrative focused... would appreciate some recs.

Things roughly in the same vein that I've already played & enjoyed:

Where the Water Tastes Like Wine, Night in the Woods, Gone Home, Tacoma, Beginners Guide, Oxenfree, Life is Strange, 80 Days, Aviary Attorney, Disco Elysium
I can't believe nobody's mentioned Return of the Obra Dinn.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

ZearothK posted:

Pentiment is a really special game, but there's something structural I dislike about it that I can't talk about without spoilers.
I have one I can mention without spoilers. I hate hate hate branching adventure games that don't let you save before a checkpoint. It adds additional stress to playing: "Can I afford to take this interesting plot path, or would I lose all of my progress so far if I did?" I don't want to play the whole drat first act again because I screwed up a choice fifteen conversations ago.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Subjunctive posted:

It doesn’t work like that, though—there aren’t any choices that give you an early game over or lock you out of having interesting content in the future. At launch the thread was filled with people’s great experiences and I don’t think any two people made all the same choices.

Oh, I wasn't expecting a full lockout. It's more "Yipes, I made the old woman in the well angry, and I realized that I didn't want to do that." (Not a spoiler; I made up the woman in the well.) I want to be able to get to a decision and go "Okay, save now, if I don't like the consequences I can move back a step." It is also vital when you want to preserve a saved game that is already past the intro, which is now skippable but wasn't when I played.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

I am turning out to be really really bad at Astrea and haven't won the opening level once. Does anybody have suggestions on an effective strategy for the first character? Should I always be forging or always be companioning or taking fewer dice or what?

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Tangents posted:

Logiart Grimoire:

i have decided that 30x30 is Too Big for picross
:aaaaa:

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Hwurmp posted:

Amanita Design is having a 20th anniversary sale. I can heartily recommend all the Samorost games, Botanicula, Chuchel, and Machinarium.
Cosigned. Hands-down the best, most beautiful point-and-click games I've played, with the only other contender being Return of the Obra Dinn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Snake Maze posted:

Trying to hold on to tabs forever, telling yourself you'll get to them all someday, is just another way of denying the reality of death. Accept your mortality, and let your tabs go free when you close your browser.
drat, that went hard.