Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Azran posted:

Does anyone have a link to the old thread with the gargantuan OP?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3510690

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Anno posted:

:siren:

Announced at the Nintendo thing but coming to Steam as well

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1623444059514699777

:bisonyes:

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Gromit posted:

A friend tells me he can't play it because of the horror of the unknown deeps, but I don't get that at all. It's just a blast rummaging around these crazy biomes and trying not to reach my crush depth.

He's probably thinking about the original Subnautica instead of BZ. I never really had a problem in BZ but I just can not finish OG Subnautica because it's just too scary for me when I reach the "We need to go deeper" phase of the game.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Squiggle posted:

I don't like them at all but knowing that the big limbless orb or large cute creature or whatever they replace it with is actually an invisible, monstrous, chittering spider wearing something else's skin is worse. It's why the fuckin mimics in Prey suck so much.

The disembodied cat heads in Satisfactory were way more frightening than the spider monsters they replaced.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Commander Keene posted:

Yeah, games may be releasing more and more in unfinished/rushed-to-completion states because deadlines have not kept up with increasing game complexity and scope, but a game that releases in a less-than-ideal state nowadays is in more of a position to get post-launch support.

Really, this is the era of cool indie games though. I've spent more money on stuff by a couple of folks working out of someone's garage than on AAA games in the past few years.

Pretty much, While I'll grant you that the AAA space is pretty loving dire right now the indie scene is probably the best it's ever been with bangers coming out on the regular. Hell, the last dozen or so pages have been flooded with Goons gushing over a $20 Indie Detective game over complaining about the most recent $70 AAA POS game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Benagain posted:

That Miyazaki quote about the new dlc where he's like "making the new poison swamp made me think about how people say I make too many poison swamps, and maybe they're right? So I swung for the fences on this one because it's probably gonna be my last"

Elden Ring: Oops all Poison Swamps