Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Resdfru posted:

Is jedi fallen order super hard and stuff? It's tagged souls like and I don't know if that means 'it's hard and you have to die a bunch of times' or something else

It has difficulty settings and I had no problem on easy mode or whatever. This is coming from someone who has kinda sworn off souls type games because I’m not down for the challenge. But yes it’s trying to ape that style of game with a little more traversal mechanics thrown in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

fit em all up in there posted:

So the No More Heroes ports are garbage huh

Yes. At least 1 and 2 are. One of the few times I refunded.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

You could maybe try FF 12 if you liked 14. It’s got similarly flowery dialogue and is less overtly “anime” overall. The combat feels more like an MMO than the traditional FF combat, much to the ire of some fans. The modern port includes lots of QOL stuff to that end, like a fast forward option.

Avoid anything from the 13 series of games if you’re allergic to anime.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Tism the Dragon Tickler posted:

I am very confused because usually when I see people say this they mean WoW or FFXIV which are they only MMOs they've ever played, but FFXII combat is nothing like either of those

It is a pretty huge departure from typical JRPG combat if you use it as intended (setting up gambits and autobattling) though, for sure.

I guess I mean like, you mostly just auto attack things and set a bunch of parameters like “heal when I’m this low on health” etc. it mostly plays itself with very little input on your part beyond setting up gambits. It tends to feel very grindy.

I’ll admit though, 14 has way more input on your part with all your skills and poo poo.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

CharlestheHammer posted:

Calling FF14, the game with cat girls, less anime is hilarious.

It’s the most anime of them all

It, and 12 which is what I was actually referring to in the first place, are much less overtly anime than say X or XIII or VII Remake which is gasping and grunting all day to extremely melodramatic situations. But thanks for the input, worst poster in Games.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

The Kins posted:

The Hitman games are getting consolidated together on January 26, so there's only one game (Hitman 3 with the Hitman 1 GOTY and Hitman 2 Standard content) and one DLC (containing the Hitman 2 and 3 expansions). If you already own Hitman 3, that means you'll be getting the Hitman 1 GOTY and Hitman 2 standard content for free if you don't own them already.

This is extremely smart of them, because otherwise it’s a nightmare trying to piece together what you need to buy or own to have “everything” inside of the Hitman 3 framework. They function as one big game as is.

Fantastic game, and a hell of a value with how much content has been put into it.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

JollyBoyJohn posted:

whats the best platformer? (on pc) I really liked the Rayman games but I haven't played anything new from the past decade or so

Off the top of my head, Sonic Mania is aces. Ray man Legends if you haven’t already played that one.

People seemed to really like the 2.5D Yooka Laylee game. Hat in Time maybe also but I haven’t personally played it.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Strong Sauce posted:

if i leave a game (oxygen not inc) in the background does steam count that as time played?

Yep

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Bad Seafood posted:

Every part of every game is optional.

Playing video games is disrespecting your time if you really think about it

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

edit: nm

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Jack Trades posted:

Don't forget Metal Gear Ac!d.

I wish so badly I could play these again on something that isn’t a PSP

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

In fact, just lol at paying money for anything. Everything should be free or dirt cheap, I’m entitled to that much

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

repiv posted:

i'm using tilt controls!

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Big fan projects like that rarely ever make it to the finish line, for obvious reasons. A passion project between a small team of like minded people with no budget or direction is admirable but prone to failure.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

It’s almost certainly a WB mandate to implement a multiplayer grindy loot numbers system and not Rocksteady inferring “this is what people want to see us follow the Arkham games with”

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Suicide Game: Kill the Franchise

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Oxxidation posted:

I am vibing with Paradise Killer extremely hard

loving love this game. Criminally under the radar title

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Bomb Rush Cyberfunk just dropped and I would love to know if it’s good or not before I think about plunking down $40 for Not Jet Set Radio. That seems like a lot.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

beats for junkies posted:

Bomb Rush Cyberfunk is good fun so far, and the soundtrack is great. The little challenge goals haven't been too hard so far (I'm still in the first area with the b-ball b-boy Frankensteins as your rival crew). Tagging is fun and also not too hard, and hopefully as my collection expands, there will be more variety in the tags I'm putting up. Also, I like that they credited the artists who made the tag (in the graffiti menu of your phone).

Also, as already mentioned in the thread, Jet Set Radio never had your dude get decapitated in the tutorial. It's okay, though, because your buddy just gets you a new robot head. No biggie.

I have a lot of reverence for Jet Set Radio, kinks and all. Does this feel like a worthwhile homage to that?

Also how many Hideki Naganuma tracks are there, this is important

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Nightdive don’t miss baybeee

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Kin posted:

What's the reason for these Persona games being overwhelmingly positive?

I've tried to read a few reviews of them to get a feel for what they're about and the best I can take away is that they're a super Anime JRPG with visual novel stuff in them.

Do they have decent stories, gameplay etc? If I liked playing stuff like Final Fantasy would I like them?

They do in fact have great stories, music, gameplay, style etc. best in class. It’s half dungeon crawler and half social life management. It’s very very good. 4 hook me and 5 is an all timer imo. They’re not unbearably anime the way like, a danganronpa is.

I highly recommend you try it if you like the genre.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Yeah there’s touching on some heavy or sensitive issues in a very “of its time and also from Japan” kind of way but if you can roll with that they’re incredibly engrossing games

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

If you can handle final fantasy melodrama you can handle Persona. I would say it’s only overtly more “anime” in its art style. The overall tone and writing actually tends to be more grounded.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Countblanc posted:

what ive learned this page is that "anime" just sorta means whatever

Ehh, I kinda think it’s universally understood what kind of tropes “anime” refers to, and when someone claims to be allergic to it that’s a pretty good indicator of what they will or won’t be able to tolerate in a piece of media

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

If I hate musou games but love Persona 5, what do

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

It’s really good

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I'm legitimately curious why the overwhelming majority of people I see are like obstinately against upgrading their operating system. It's been a constant theme, everyone treats whatever the next Windows is like it's cancer. Why?

Like, surely the benefits of a more current environment outweigh the cons in most cases?

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Volte posted:

Hey, that game you like? It loving sucks, don't even think about playing it

drat, forgot about this. gently caress

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Bing Bong theory shelder voice: I’d sooner clean install Windows 11 on my terabyte Seagate drive than play this so called “game”, if it even deserves to be named as such!

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I look forward to picking it up on release, because Nightdive owns and so do most of the games they work on.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

lmao

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

The gamers have spoken. Godd Howard does it again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Ah. “For the lulz”