Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

May this thread be needed for an entire year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

this is the same bullshit he tried yesterday, except yesterday he pretended the democrats were going to sit out which is immeasurably more stupid than pretending that he'll get eleven defections from the hard no crowd
he'll get no defections and eventually we'll end up with scalise or something boring
chaos house is very funny

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Gave my coworkers an explainer and we're watching this like soccer. Lol five for Donalds, gg time for the fifth attempt.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Feels Villeneuve posted:

really nice of the Freedom Caucus to have so many people early in the alphabet

yeah it's convenient to be able to catch up in between work

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Old James posted:

Can we turn this into a drinking game?

Every time someone votes with a sentence instead of just the name, take a drink
Every time a Republican votes against McCarthy, take a drink
Every time the camera cuts to McCarthy, take a drink
Every time McCarthy loses the vote, finish your drink

the representatives to-be should be required to play this game but it'd have to be smuggled into Jefferson's rules of order
everyone getting progressively sloshed as they try to stave off unconsciousness

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

rscott posted:

Some of us have to work this week

frankly I'd worry about surviving if I played that game

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

tecnocrat posted:

I want to get off Mr. McCarthy's Wild Ride.

such cowardice

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

tecnocrat posted:

Yeah, that's a way to get the job done. Imply that the Dems are drinking on the floor.

There's no rules against it at the moment and being day drunk while McCarthy is humiliated for a sixth time sounds like a good time to me.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Gyges posted:

Open Mexican border Fent is stockpiled until Halloween. A "B" is then scratched on it before handing it out to children alongside stickers soaked in LSD.

I wish they'd handed out acid when I was young.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

It should be noted that the House Sgt. at Arms and their people aren't getting paid until this is settled. They're probably not going to be enthusiastic about breaking up fights.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Gyges posted:

Time to hand out the canes.
:hmmorks:
:yeshaha:
:hmmorks:

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

bipartisan biden dick demanded, the democrats will be more interested in avoiding default

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

tanglewood1420 posted:

As a non-American, two year terms for the House always seemed completely nuts. It seems like House Reps spend half their time campaigning for re-election.

It's the only way to hold them to account. Of course the House should also have more than a thousand members so that's most of the problem right there.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Artonos posted:

It's not even silent. It's explicitly in the rules that it has to be a majority party person. It's just being reported badly.

It's not unless they changed it. It says Democrat or Republican which is obviously dumb as hell but then again so is everything else.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Google Jeb Bush posted:

the what now request

can't tell if you're joking

he is probably the same George Santos as a George Santos who committed felonies in Brazil
i hope they gently caress up passing rules

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

tbf it's equally possible he murdered that George Santos and assumed his identity
has anyone pressed cold iron against him to see if he's some kind of fae? all i'm saying is if George Santos is a skinwalker i won't be surprised

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

genuinely surprised there's no "handle this bit of cold iron" part of any swearing in ceremonies in america or the uk, guess the assumption is inhuman entities can't swear on a holy book which seems like the kind of thing you wouldn't want to assume

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Shogeton posted:

Is there anything in the rules stopping Mc Carthy from making the Rules 'need a 25% of Republican Caucus to initiate a vote to vacate, the House recognizes Gaetz is a fuckstain and I don't give a poo poo about a broken promise to him?' besides, well, the wrath of primary electorate?

nope, but the freedom caucus might decide to vote those rules down on general principles and the democrats are going to keep chaos house going as long as possible

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

the house got rid of the cool cspan cameras to make it more boring because mccarthy is a cowardly piece of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

yeah the house majority is a pack of cowards