Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

nine-gear crow posted:

I'm not gonna hand anything to Matt Gaetz but it WAS amazingly presumptuous of K-Mack to move all his poo poo into the Speaker's office before they even held the vote. So gently caress yeah, make him crate it all up and move it back to his original tiny cubicle, just for the continued humiliation alone.

Only Caesar may wear the Tyrian purple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Oh, they convinced Spartz that it's time to poo poo or get off the pot.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Youth Decay posted:

Will they try to get it to a plurality win? or would there be too much of a risk of someone messing it up and giving the win to Jeffries?

They have a better shot at flipping two HFC holdouts than forcing a rules change at this point.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

TLM3101 posted:

I am still trying to process what the gently caress that exit was. I have never seen a human move like that.

I missed it. Anyone got a clip?

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

smackfu posted:

Only 432 voters this time, so half is 216 and McCarthy had 214. Close!

Buck, Hunt, who's the third missing?

EDIT: Oh right, the dead guy.

Lemniscate Blue fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Jan 6, 2023

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

koolkal posted:

Do the Dems really need to argue in favor of the debt ceiling increase? It seems like most of the moderate Rs would grumble and be forced to support it anyway because it would cause massive economic issues and they are still beholden to businesses and billionaires.

And it seems like the House would be blamed for it.

A clean increase would pass with a huge safe majority. That's why the GOP fights as hard as it can to never put it on the table. They always want to tack whatever horrible nonsense they can get onto it - it's a hostage negotiation.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Piell posted:

Trone had scheduled surgery and is now back.
https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/1611434437408919562

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
For a moment the WaPo tracker showed that Cathy McMorris Rodgers voted for Jeffries and I drat near shat myself.

EDIT: Rosendale holds fast.

Lemniscate Blue fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jan 6, 2023

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

I AM GRANDO posted:

Trump was riding the tiger the whole time. He was just so crazy that it was easy to forget.

And the HFC is too crazy for Trump to back. Let that marinate for a while.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Raenir Salazar posted:

It's more that Trump doesn't like backing Losers, if they were winners he'd back them.

Pretty much what I meant: too crazy to acknowledge reality even to the extent that Trump does.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Gyges posted:

Honestly, letting the hostage takers skip the line and become chairperson seems like the most likely thing to cause these rules to fail. All the concessions that bite the loyal members just seem to increase the comedy situation where McCarthy wins the vote and then we're back to a deadlock on passing the rules.

If I were the Democratic leadership I'd be using long-termers who have build up something faintly resembling professional camaraderie to spread dissent across the aisle. "Gee, it seems so unfair that you've put in the time and paid your dues and these assholes get to jump ahead just because the throw a temper tantrum. I don't know how you stand it. Here, have another beer on me. I feel for ya, I really do."

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Biggs voted for Jordan. Crane voted for Biggs.

(Fixed.)

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

coelomate posted:

Update on Buck, who is an absent McCarthy supporter: he's on the way back: reporting he is not yet in the building. He can vote at the end if he gets there... soon.

Is Hunt back?

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Youremother posted:

Matt Gaetz will stop loving this vote once we hit 18

:golfclap:

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

sweet geek swag posted:

Xeno's Paradox meets Kevin McCarthy.

Achilles and the Senate Minority Leader.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Cabbit posted:

Kevin McCarthy in: Enemy at the Gaetz

Gaetz of Wrath

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Passing the crown. It was an honor, even briefly.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

davecrazy posted:

What did Gaetz get? All all access pass to the local all girls high school?

Scuttlebutt says Armed Services Committee chair.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Hm. I thought it was a tweet but it was a goon posting in the GIP CE thread. Treat it as suspicion.

But Rogers is the current ranking Republican on there.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

smoobles posted:

Wouldn't that mean Jeffries wins?

If there were still ~20 holdouts, but there are too few now to make enough difference.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

PostNouveau posted:

Maybe he should vote no against McCarthy if he's mad about it

in sha'Allah

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
^^^^ Oh, he's gonna get it all right. ^^^^

Zero_Grade posted:

I suspect there's quite a bit more of this kind of thing that's been made public so far, and it's going to lead to entertainment in the future. Possibly very near future.

Gonna be an enlightening weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
It's been an honor shitposting with all of you tonight. :respek: