Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
game is gonna be good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

goty

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
last gen anime games own imo, as do current gen anime games, like Fire Emblem: Engage

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
im here to fire some emblems

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
ive decided im going to be one of those weirdos whos really into corrin, except for alear

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
the broader reclassing is, the weirder gender restrictions are imo. It's significantly less weird to have all berserkers be men and all pegasus knights be women when there's two of each in the entire game, than it is when the entire cast can become anything other than The One Thing Their Gender Can't Do

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Delphisage posted:

I just don't want to go though the same headaches I did playing FE14 and Xenoblade 2, where I keep wanting to throw my game out a window while people tell me I'm at fault for not liking it. Can't I play a style of anime that doesn't feel pandering?

just buy games you like, don't buy games you don't like, and don't read threads for games you don't intend to buy or play, imo

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

lih posted:

who exactly is the game supposedly pandering to that you're complaining about anyway? people who like busier character designs? people who like saturated colours? people who hated the monastery in 3h?

me, specifically

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Booky posted:

wheres the tier list maker...

https://tiermaker.com/create/fire-emblem-games-tier-list-updated-162123

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
it does seem like fates 2 in a lot of ways though. The sort of ancillary base, the new take on pair-up, the limited but still existent reclassing, manakete main character, etc

the plot doesn't really seem similar except in the ways all FEs have similar plots, though. Just interesting to see them return to the same ideas in a different way

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
silver snow is the emotional core of the original story they concepted, and it makes sense they started with it.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
they're really scrping the bottom of the barrel of popular characters so they've been stretching them out for years at this point so they'll always have someone vaguely enticing to help sell a banner

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

goty

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
digital copies have unlocked in the US

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Pants Donkey posted:

Is Vander is the standard trap character you want to avoid giving too much exp to? I’ve been relegating him to tanking hits in the early chapters.

the 'standard' isn't a trap, the standard is just like, use them like a normal unit and then ditch them when they're no longer useful. Don't solo maps with them but don't fuss over never ever using them either. Thinking too hard about it, is the real trap

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
clanne is like, laser focused on having exactly the right stats for hard mode. Exactly one-rounding enemies that would otherwise take three combats

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
"I'm Marth. Emblem Marth, to be clear" is an extremely normal line. what are you all even talking about. It's completely reasonable.

people are getting upset over the most innocuous things in this game

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Its completely normal and they're mad over nothing. It's not deep, but anyone saying it's actively awful is being melodramatic

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
pov: you are an enemy in fe4

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Spermando posted:

How do I raise bonds to level 5 for non-Alear characters?

open the reference menu. I have no idea why it's there, but supports and bonds for people other than Alear are in there

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Gamerofthegame posted:

anna has the single highest magic growth in the game. more then lysithea i think.

she also has innate bow proficiency as a prank, no reason to use it tho.

the innate bow proficiency is probably to let her promote to warrior

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I've been happy as I always am in every FE giving the most mobile person the mobility buff. Chloe needs a little bit of help to be able to lunge with Sigurd, but if you give her a forge and angelic robe she's durable and powerful enough while being able to do sigurd tactics over flyer-only terrain

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Einander posted:

Etie's a good choice for Marth's ring if Alear's not using it, since IIRC there's the traditional mounted sword-bow promoted class and picking up the sword evasion and extra sword damage skills would be good for her. She's kind of a glass cannon.

while obviously you do what you need to do to access classes, Marth is going to be somewhat hampered on an archer because one of his better skills only activates when you break an enemy

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

jimmydalad posted:

So is it worth working up to level 20 or is it ok to just rank up as soon as possible? I’ve chucked master seals on Jean and Alear but I got a new one and don’t know what to do.

apparently there's very little reason not to promote instantly; it doesn't mess with your xp gained

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

FrickenMoron posted:

Don't you lose out on 10 potential levelups still?

you have infinite levelups with second seals

(not that losing out on level cap has ever mattered in any game)

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Augus posted:

what on earth are you talking about

the bonus damage effective weapons do is based on the might of the weapon, which is an obscured stat in these menus

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
My Anna has been very successful as a warrior, strength completely in line with a melee frontliner

That's fe I guess, you never know what you're going to get

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

FrickenMoron posted:

The writing is fun and I'm feasting on all the whining of the haters.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Harrow posted:

Spoilery question for mid-game ish (Chapter 11):

I know you lose access to your emblem rings for a while. I assume you can't inherit skills from the rings until you get them back? If so, should I try to dump SP to inherit things I want, or will the rings (or at least most of them) come back reasonably soon?

You are correct. the rings you lose do not appear at all in any menus. You can't do ring room stuff with them or engrave them on weapons.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
apparently, fist arts in this game calculate damage off the average of a character's str and mag

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The spoilered stuff owned bones, imo

Perfect execution no notes

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The bond conversations are short but they did think about what each pair would talk about. They just put it in two lines instead of twenty

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Engage is forcing people to recognise that prepromotes are good and i've gotta respect it

unfortunately, goldmary and rosado seem extremely bad

can't win em all I guess

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

littleorv posted:

I love her

same

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
oh he might be an est I guess

both of them have almost unusable bases

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
the difficulty where I'm at is a really weird balance where the actual story is a cakewalk I could do in my sleep but every paralogue is insane

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Honestly, back on the topic of Lapis, I think that myrmidon-type units are completely fine in this game. Dodge tanking is perhaps the best it's ever been--the math is a little less friendly than it was in the GBA days, but having rewinds means that it's much more acceptable to take a like 10% chance of failure on a big enemy phase than it was back then. A high speed unit with a marth-engraved weapon (or micaiah, but -3 mt is rough) and avoid +10 from marth is routinely face sub-30 hit rates even from the most accurate weapons, and get less accurate weapons all the way down to zero. As long as your strength isn't abysmal, you can patch up iffy strength with a +3 forge pretty easily, which isn't particularly expensive. And tbh I feel like against promoted enemies, everybody has issues one-rounding, and at least the speedster can reliably double and fish for a crit with a killer weapon. It's a good game for myrmidons, imo

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Honestly, the further I get into the game, the more I feel like the "change" to making mounted units less good and infantry better is just an artifact of the earlygame. Where I'm at (just finished chapter 16), it feels like the usual FE norms of mobility above all have reasserted themselves, and my generals are basically unusable. Promoted enemies hit hard enough that being doubled is a real downside, dying instantly to any mage is a real downside, and dual attacks doing percentage based damage means that any strategy which relies on one person taking a bunch of blows without counterkilling is doomed to be chipped down. And the real kicker is that, while armors have normal infantyr movement, generals don't get a move boost at all and are still stuck at 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Harrow posted:

Is there any particular reason to go Swordmaster over Hero? Brave Assist and access to a second weapon type seems really valuable, though I'm not sure if it's worth the second seal to reclass Kagetsu for those benefits. (I'd lose the sick crit animation too.)

this game seems to have enemy stats where "overkill" speed isn't actually overkill