Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013
Imagine being so lame you include byleth in your game and not hector

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013
Any special title screens or unlocks for beating on maddening? I think 3 houses had a different menu screen after beating maddening.

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013
A fire emblem without an avatar would be great. They're either pointless (GBA games) or aggressively bad (byeleth)

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013

Harrow posted:

Actually the wild thing is that I think I would enjoy Persona 5 nearly as much if it was nothing but the dungeon crawling and combat because they both absolutely slap in that game

Etrian odyssey will be here soon

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013
Conquest has a trash story, but it is memorable trash.

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013
Imagine getting hector, the only not lame fire emblem lord, and being disappointed.

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Soren's so cool.

There should be more non-lord Emblems

The protag really should just be some mud farmer fighting against oppression or some poo poo. The chosen one narratives are very lazy and bad

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013
I don't get it. Metacritic say game bad but i buy game and game fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I really appreciate how with engage the turnwheel feels like just another tool you'll be using (if a really strong one) instead of a cheat mode. Game seems more balanced around it and so its fun to use, instead of in 3H where it always felt like I might as well be switching the difficulty to easy if I was gonna be rewinding.

I guess in Echoes I was also happy to use it but it felt kinda like (an appreciated) bandage over Gaiden's jank while here it comes off as fairly appropriate for the difficulty of the game.

The difference is the systems in this game are well designed in how they interact with each other, instead of half assedly thrown together without any thought as to how one thing affects another in an already braindead easy game. Three houses was very bad.