Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The Elincia power should be randomly given to one of your units without telling you to really hone in on the homage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

All Fire Emblems look like the anime of their era.

Dream of the theoretical 1960s Fire Emblem that looks like Tezuka.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

mycot posted:

Is Sommie a sealed dragon god or is he just a weird dog.

He's my new best friend is what he is.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

EY FOGADO 'BOUT IT

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

A dude in elaborate scary armor is going to invade his peaceful neighbor for largely insane reasons, he'll be backed up by an evil wizard in a hood, at least one lady minion, and a token good minion who is aware their boss is a psycho but still works for him because ???

There will be people who turn into dragons, and there is a decent chance the penultimate/final boss will be a dragon of some description.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Isn't the entire first half of Genealogy just someone telling Sigurd to do something and then him immediately doing it without thinking?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

All the Generic Evil Wizard guys should use the same portrait.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Falcoknights never resulting in the rider riding a falcon so gently caress that class I hope it never comes back.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

They should remake Radiant Dawn with proper supports but the only support that goes to S is the Oliver/Tanith one.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Junpei posted:

So apparently in Japanese, Zelkov has this "gimmick" of "emphasizing" random words, which makes him sound "more menacing" or "strange", but everyone I've seen talking about this just says it makes him sound like a Jojo character from Part 7.

What are his opinions on picking up napkins.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Radiant Dawn is polite enough to let you know what bullshit you're in for from Chapter 1, where they give you and archer with....Cancel.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Love to spend half and hour at the start of Part 4 agonizing over which team gets saddled with the Dawn Brigade B-listers.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Endorph posted:

fe10 would be a much, much worse video game if the dawn brigade was good. they could have done with more chapters so they could keep up in endgame without favoritism but the fact that they're underpowered leads to the most fun gameplay in the series.

Counterpoint: every Part 3 Dawn Brigade map feels like poo poo because you end up turtling in a corner, wondering desperately why Edward explodes if a cat laguz looks at him funny.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

WrightOfWay posted:

I look forward to seeing 3-13 again in Engage, since I think it has been spotted in some trailers.

Is the archer there.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Evil Micaiah route: You should pour oil on those pegasus.
Good Micaiah route: Yeah same, light 'em up.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

"What's that Yune? Kill them all? GOOD IDEA!"

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Endorph posted:

gareth is my favorite completely inexplicable fire emblem character. presumably he was going to be relevant in the cut goldoa arc in fe9 but why did they even bother bringing him back in fe10. why did they make him playable instead of just having him be a midboss in the tower. who is this man. what are his beliefs.

His beliefs are "stand next to Kurthnaga", this is a more coherent motivation than most dragons in the Tellius games let's be real.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Endorph posted:

i think what modern fe is missing is completely random morons who appear for no discernible plot or gameplay purpose and provide no elaboration. yukimura in fates was a noble attempt but just a touch too coherent. i need a proper caesar or alva.
We need more Interchangable Axe Dudes With The Same Portrait.

Shiny777 posted:

fe10 ena is so bad at every part of being a red dragon other than "stand next to people while having blood tide" it could be argued she doesn't count

Look, all the dragons except for Kurth are terrible at being dragons (in fact, most of the laguz units are frankly terrible at their jobs), Ena is merely a cog in the greater system of late-game Radiant Dawn's "we're really confused as to what we're doing" design philosophy.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

There should be a Fire Emblem where after a chapter you just suddenly have a unit, with no explanation given as to how you recruited him or why he's there.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Is one of Lucina's alts her dressed as the Doctor of Thuganomics?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The Three Houses engage is just Edie, Dmitri, and Claude endlessly arguing about whose fault everything is.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

We need to return to tradition and have the white-haired girl do evil things because of really dumb plot points involving a contract and really weak justifications as to why no one contacts Team Good Guy about it.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Zoran posted:

I have seen an early cutscene that I would describe as extremely corny

So it's a Fire Emblem game, good to know.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Vander's really blowing smoke up my rear end, if the dude wants a raise he can have it.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Oh goddammit Clanne is voiced by Deku, now I just start laughing when he talks.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Endorph posted:

i like fe9 a lot but it feels like a vague outline of a plot and then an ending pops out. frankly feel like its the fe most deserving of a remake because it wouldnt require as much of a radical redesign as 4 but still has a lot of room for improvement. 6/7 are relatively complete and 8 doesn't really have much to expand on.

I feel like the fact that they clearly got greenlit to make a sequel midway through Path's development screwed it's plot. So much poo poo is introduced and then ignored as obvious GO OVER IN THE NEXT GAME things.

This isn't even getting into Radiant Dawn's bizarre plot points.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Augus posted:

“I’m glad to have you fighting by my side, Micaiah!”
“If the pegasus is in flight, set it alight!”
BOND LEVEL UP!

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I can't wait for the mods that let me use the Spider-man, Goku, and CJ from San Andreas Engages.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The textures of the walls of the hub area are not taken from a B-list PS1 platformer, unlike in 3H.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Holy poo poo I'm tearing my hair out at Chapter 5 on hard, there's three more archers than there really needs to be and everyone except for Louis is made of loving tissue paper.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Funky Valentine posted:

Holy poo poo I'm tearing my hair out at Chapter 5 on hard, there's three more archers than there really needs to be and everyone except for Louis is made of loving tissue paper.

Alright I solved my conundrum with excessive use of the Obstruct staff and having Vander and Boucheron Benny Hill the axe dudes and Riderslayer armor guy around down south.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I'm going to be disappointed when the next Fire Emblem doesn't have your army double as a lunatic asylum.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Mod concept: The Dark Emblems but with actual portraits and names and special skills.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Tae posted:

Did Ivy just meme or a translation error

I'm reading this as Hortensia questioning that what Ivy realized is "how strong" a parent can be.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Hell Radiant Dawn's entire part 4 is basically "here's some random unit, why are they here, who knows, just take them."

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Endorph posted:

gareth would kill the average three houses player
The virgin 3H "WE'RE ABOUT TO GET ~POLITICAL~ UP IN HERE", the chad "do you remember that one guy who had two lines in the previous game? No? Too loving bad, he's force deployed."

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

hopeandjoy posted:

"The bird rapist you killed last game won an internal poll to become recruitable. He's alive now and will auto-join if your dancer is just kind of with your murder ball as you reach the end of the stage. Every boss from here on out has unique dialog with him. Why? IDK we thought it was funny."

Counterpoint, this was Radiant Dawn's single best idea.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

cheetah7071 posted:

binding blade has 52 playable characters. Blazing blade has 43. Sacred stones has 33. Engage has 36

My theory here is that Engage feels like it has a lot of characters compared to previous games is because 1/3 of the roster isn't a bunch of axe dudes who have two lines at most.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Terper posted:

The next game will have *rolls dice* biorhythm
I've played PoR and RD collectively 15 times and I still refuse to learn how biorhythm works or what it does.