Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Ike

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Its how he killed the Black Knight

This is NOT canon!!

I am getting this even though the overall aesthetic and the ring/hero system are not appealing to me, only because 2023 is the year of gaming

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

As far as games I'd play again and enjoy, FE7, FE8, FE9, FE10, Awakening, 3H. I'd like to play some of the DS remakes but haven't gotten there yet. I won't play Fates or Conquest ever again, and FE6 was fine for what it was, but I won't play it again.

I've played through Ike & friends more than any other game by a large amount, though.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

Endorph posted:

gareth is my favorite completely inexplicable fire emblem character. presumably he was going to be relevant in the cut goldoa arc in fe9 but why did they even bother bringing him back in fe10. why did they make him playable instead of just having him be a midboss in the tower. who is this man. what are his beliefs.

he's gareth

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

a tier list but for every character from all the games

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

its time to engage

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

I hate Alfred's frilled collar

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

mabels big day posted:

On the other hand i dont hold the series to the standard of the self imagined version of fe4, i hold it to the self imagined version of fe9
:hai:

Still waiting for my Ike Ring

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

'Alcryst' is 'Crystal' backwards

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My Citrine and Celine are definitely more siege mages, they have a ton of Mag but lose out to Clanne in Spd. My Framme is a monster, but a little squishy

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

Kanos posted:

After playing Engage Maddening, I honestly have really started to like fixed growths. It's not the same experience as normal FE growths, but it gives every character a really unique texture and feel and makes it feel like you can evaluate how good a character is going to be and what they excel at objectively. It also means that while you do miss out on having someone luck into being a god unit, you never have the issue of a character you really wanted to use just whiffing a million levels in a row and becoming completely useless.

I kind of like the "normal/hard use normal growths, maddening uses fixed growths" paradigm.

If you mean the super warrior reinforcements, yeah those are a clock meant to force you forward. You can absolutely beat them if you group up and dump engages into them, but they're meant to be insanely powerful at that point.

For those units, I parked Yunaka and Zelkov next to each other on pillars, so they blocked the entrance to the room, and used 3 range mages/bows behind them. 0% chance to be hit and decent damage with their crit.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

Khizan posted:

I made Lapis into a Sword General on Hard and she's been absolutely ridiculous.

Run her into any group of people, pop the Pure Water if there's any casters, watch them all eat Killing Edge. In addition to taking almost no physical damage at all she's fast enough to double a lot of enemies, she's dodgy enough that most casters I'm facing now only have a ~64% hit rate against her, and her high crit rate means that she usually kills anybody she can counterattack that's not another armor unit. Only weakness is that she can't really counterattack effectively at range.

hahah what the gently caress

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

mycatscrimes posted:

Been seeing a lot of chat about if Timerra is good or not that completely overlooks that she is the cutest and therefore best character in the game.

Any class that goes all in on one weapon (berserker, swordmaster, halberdier) is goated. This is a fact

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

Making Speedtaker 2000SP is a joke. gently caress you, game