Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Oh my.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
That was my first time watching a game in a sports book and boy was that a fun experience.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Nice check down Kirk.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

kidcoelacanth posted:

hmmm don't love that

AND $44m over the cap. Oh how quickly we turned into the Saints.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Diva Cupcake posted:

I don't see a problem with this. The Bucs were largely irrelevant for almost 20 years and you had a brief championship window because of Brady. Load up, put players on layaway. Whatever you have to do to get the ring.

Oh I completely agree. It's just at some point you gotta pay the bill and that makes for a tough situation if you think you can still compete.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Pain of Mind posted:

Winning always feels so transient that I would prefer 10 solid playoff years in a row with no superbowls than 1 superbowl and then being in the basement for years.

You're nuts. The Bucs were poo poo for 20 years after they won their first SB and I wouldn't trade it away for that.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Toaster Beef posted:

2017 made me actively not give a gently caress about the roller coaster of instability and garbage that were the Eagles' next, like, four or five seasons.

Maybe I'm just numb from following one of historically worst franchises for nearly 30 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Zwabu posted:

I think different mentalities are required to enjoy sports depending upon whether your team is usually successful and sometimes or often wins titles, has up and down seasons but is sometimes a contender or is usually bad to mediocre.

It’s obviously pretty easy to be a fan of the Patriots or Alabama or the Warriors having a run of titles. The trick is deriving enjoyment as a fan of the Bears or Commanders or Lions. You have to be able to enjoy individual wins or great players that come through or memorable plays.

A good example of this is the Jameis 30 for 30 season. That was such a wildly entertaining season that I'll never be able to forget it.