Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

europe and japan freaking love cars btw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM

Nuts and Gum posted:

America has the cheapest consumer electronics and I need those to avoid life so…

I briefly lived in Japan and bought myself a $200 chromebook before I left so I could have a personal device that I didn't really care too much about. When browsing through the electronics section of a Japanese department store one day I saw my exact same chromebook on sale for the equivalent of $600. Boggled my mind.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Dr. Gojo Shioji posted:

For real? I was under the impression that almost every European country would tear up your license if you tried swapping your exhaust or putting coilovers on your car.

My father-in-law tells me that in Switzerland if you turn your furnace to over 66 degrees Fahrenheit they'll throw you in prison for three years. Crazy if true.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Extra Large Marge posted:

My father-in-law tells me that in Switzerland if you turn your furnace to over 66 degrees Fahrenheit they'll throw you in prison for three years. Crazy if true.

my cousin anders says they dont even give you a ps5 in european prisons

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

There are probably more vampires in Europe, and America deffo has more Aliens and Bigfoots. It's really a toss up.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Earwicker posted:

there's a very common sauce for fries etc in belgium, northern france, and the netherlands called "american sauce" and i have no idea wtf it is supposed to be, but its definitely not any kind of condiment we normally have in the us

Easily the worst-tasting condiment I have ever tasted.

It also goes by "hotdog sauce" and "hamburger sauce".
Tastes like mayonnaise was left to rot and then they bottled it.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Shadow0 posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_tacos

Also Europe needs to stop adding corn to everything "American". It's 2023. You've all been to America. You can Google this stuff. There's no corn on pizza.

:stare: fascinating :stare:

Also :hmmyes: Americans eat corn syrup not actual corn :hmmyes:

heh I tried to get a burrito in the mall in Budapest and they wanted to put lima beans on it :barf:

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Is anybody curious what Wizard Master is doing with all this information we are giving them? All their threads are just questions. Show us the spreadsheet.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Shadow0 posted:

Man that looks abysmal. Making that poo poo sounds like ground for nationalizing the Heinz corporation and charging the entire C-suite with treason.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Infidel Castro posted:

Man that looks abysmal. Making that poo poo sounds like ground for nationalizing the Heinz corporation and charging the entire C-suite with treason.

:ssh: Kraft-Heinz is owned by 3g Capital, which is Brazilian :ssh:

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Vampire Panties posted:

lol uhhhhhhhhhhh

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Could do with a poll so I know whether this is a UK (country Europe looks to for leadership) thread and can use appropriate language.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Vampire Panties posted:

you might wanna doubvle check several of those "facts"

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

NotJustANumber99 posted:

UK (country Europe looks to for leadership)

loving lmao.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Valko posted:

loving lmao.

We are actually looking for what not to do

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Shadow0 posted:

the mexican has a three chili peppers, is that accurate?

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
One nice thing about America is everything being open all the time. Not something you really appreciate until you're trying something to find something to eat in Switzerland on an Easter Sunday.

And I don't know if it has the best supermarkets but it definitely has the most comprehensive.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

AKA Pseudonym posted:

One nice thing about America is everything being open all the time. Not something you really appreciate until you're trying something to find something to eat in Switzerland on an Easter Sunday.

And I don't know if it has the best supermarkets but it definitely has the most comprehensive.

I almost considered making a long post about the drawbacks of Europe, but this is probably my number one two problem with it. (Number one: EVERY 15 MINUTES, that stupid church across the street rings its stupid bell EVERY SINGLE DAY from early in the morning until late at night! :aaaaa:)
You can't buy things on Sunday on Germany (and probably other places in Europe). I mean it seems better now, but almost all grocery stores are closed, tons of other things are closed, it's not great. Very few things (if any) are open late. No 24 hour places.
Europe is where convenience goes to die.

Asia tho...

You also can't get nearly the same variety of food as in the US. I can always find whatever foreign ingredient I want.
It's a lot harder outside the US. And it's often weird or somehow wrong.

Shadow0 fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Jan 20, 2023

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Skarsnik posted:

I think you can probably get hosed wizard master

What’s your problem?

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i want to die in a hail of gunfire so probably america because that's better than being crushed under a giant wheel of cheese (europe)

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Hell Yeah posted:

i want to die in a hail of gunfire so probably america because that's better than being crushed under a giant wheel of cheese (europe)

Cheese rolling has no recorded deaths but it does injure a third of it's participants - sometimes seriously.

They are chasing after a nine pound wheel of Double Gloucester (which is the prize!). Probably wouldn't kill you unless dropped on your head from a great height.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

I wish I were an orangutan.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I wish I were an orangutan.

Ay what up

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Wizard Master posted:

What’s your problem?
Skarsnik likes big butts and can not lie

Leper Go-getter
Nov 7, 2010
I'm not sure it is better to live

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Earwicker posted:

there's a very common sauce for fries etc in belgium, northern france, and the netherlands called "american sauce" and i have no idea wtf it is supposed to be, but its definitely not any kind of condiment we normally have in the us

It's made out of Americans, when you insult it you're basically just insulting yourself.

Personally I'd go with Europe as apparently it has witches in candy cane houses, wolves that dress up as grandma's and try and eat you, and houses with chicken legs, and all that sort of awesome metal stuff.

Meanwhile US apparently just has extremely shy bigfoots and boring old aliens. Seems pretty lame TBH.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Shadow0 posted:

Two of my favorite condiments have that color: big mac sauce and fry sauce

But they're awesome so it must not be either.

Doesn't really matter as easy to homebrew either.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

loving Union workers

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
spain seems cool. i've never met anyone from spain who takes any aspect of life seriously.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

spain seems cool. i've never met anyone from spain who takes any aspect of life seriously.

:haibrower:

You can go to a store and buy weed in Barcelona but its a secret club so you have to like show up to this completely nondescript building and knock twice and then three times and ask for Sheila. Its p. cool and the weed is good, but there are secret police who will fine the poo poo out of you if they catch you, so yoou dont teeeeeeeeeechnically have to smoke the weed there, but its encouraged. I ripped a bong by myself and then wandered Park Guell which was :discourse:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

you aren't allowed to have air conditioning below 80F there by law now :shepface:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

AARD VARKMAN posted:

you aren't allowed to have air conditioning below 80F there by law now :shepface:

I think that calls for a world war

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

AARD VARKMAN posted:

But why the hell would you want the air con lower than 80F are you trying to freeze to death or something???

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
i hear in Europe you have to do a communism three times a day and if you praise jesus you will be beaten by roving gangs of muslims.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

the holy poopacy posted:

i hear in Europe you have to do a communism three times a day and if you praise jesus you will be beaten by roving gangs of muslims.

What's the catch?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

the holy poopacy posted:

better than beaten up by fascist, I guess

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

better than being run over by fascist, or shot at a concert I guess

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
you mean getting to be run over by fascist or shot at a concert :patriot:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

the holy poopacy posted:

you mean getting to be run over by fascist or shot at a concert :patriot:

yeah, god bless America
those loving fascists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Vampire Panties posted:

heh I tried to get a burrito in the mall in Budapest and they wanted to put lima beans on it :barf:

lol