Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
I still have like 1:45 left on Petit Le Mans, then I'll watch the archive of Bahrain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Or you can watch what I’ve been watching

https://youtu.be/e8CrqdQTGeg?si=7tA5CY01r0t811yw

https://youtu.be/93zmmhb7nxI?si=Ros5_c0doQkOhtRV

https://youtu.be/dWqOu8N3JSg?si=yBNpMFUBwgEF8S0f

Still trying to find viable business angles. So far all I’ve learned is that if you have the AV gear handy, you can go into debt broadcasting racing events to YouTube or flosports.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

IRON DAMES, MOTHER FUCKERS

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

Don't forget GIGAKUBICA also getting the LMP2 title.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Nybble posted:

Noob rally question: How far apart are cars released? In the case of an off like that, is there a chance there's a car coming through in another minute or is the following car paused until it's clear?

It depends

On Tarmac it is usually 1 minute. On gravel it is up to 3 minutes depending on conditions - dust usually is the main factor in that decision. Normally 2 minutes is about the average.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Now this is some straight up carnage

https://youtu.be/O99ZrxSPdoA?si=D6JE02Yq_600jxpJ

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

Just caught up. loving THIS!

Also that being the last GTE race, that's now "the" GTE image forever.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Thing I learned today: you really gotta put more weight in the back if you’re gonna ramp a bunch of cars in junkyard sport compacts. Otherwise you’ll land on the radiator!

Space Butler
Dec 3, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Oof. That was my local track, not that I'd been there in a good fifteen years. Place deserved better than being shut down and sold on for housing.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Space Butler posted:

Oof. That was my local track, not that I'd been there in a good fifteen years. Place deserved better than being shut down and sold on for housing.

did they kill anybody? If not, how.

Space Butler
Dec 3, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

coconono posted:

did they kill anybody? If not, how.

I'm pretty sure they never killed anyone. Used to be a lot more cars too.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I like that the only additional safety they installed was putting a bunch of foam rubber on the window frame

Space Butler
Dec 3, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
If the random cars on flatbeds I used to see around are anything to go by there was usually a scaffolding pole bolted behind the driver's seat too. Extra safe.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

oh in that case i rescind any complaints i had

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
Reminder for people that wants to go to next year 24h of LeMans, tickets for non ACO members will go on sale on the 15th. If you are an ACO member you can buy them already.

Furious George
Oct 3, 2002
The commentators for Macau F3 really love Ticktum, they keep talking about his "cheeky smile"

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The NHRA season is over so I can devote my off season to catching up on demolition derby races and Congolese voodoo wrestling

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Speaking of here’s some rally dudes whipping poo poo boxes around corners and sometimes missing it

https://youtu.be/TDp7QCxyOQc?si=uTlymv-nQF-wF5zk

About 13 minutes in they erected a shrine to some local saint captured in plastic form

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Furious George posted:

The commentators for Macau F3 really love Ticktum, they keep talking about his "cheeky smile"

Which you'll get to see as he rams you off the track on the cool down lap.

When it eventually comes after the most Macau accident ever.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
New BJR Pizza Hut livery for the final Supercars round

A child won a design-a-car contest

ElZilcho
Apr 4, 2007

dsriggs posted:

New BJR Pizza Hut livery for the final Supercars round

A child won a design-a-car contest

That's awesome

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Vanwall kicked out of the WEC, 3rd Ferrari approved, Pescarolo Peugeot didn't happen.

Expected 9 GT3 teams.

https://www.motorsport.com/wec/news/third-ferrari-lmh-receives-approval-as-wec-issues-37-car-entry-list-for-2024/10552559/

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Dudley posted:

Vanwall kicked out of the WEC, 3rd Ferrari approved, Pescarolo Peugeot didn't happen.

Expected 9 GT3 teams.

https://www.motorsport.com/wec/news/third-ferrari-lmh-receives-approval-as-wec-issues-37-car-entry-list-for-2024/10552559/

Vanwall is such a weird rear end brand to revive I've never understood it. Vanwall never was sportscar team either - they were in F1, and in any case the name was dormant for like 60+ years.

The 680 was pretty, however it was poorly designed. The Gibson V8 was apparently losing between 60-80HP if it was hot.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I almost dropped an antenna on Leah Pruett today. She didn’t realize it, thankfully.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Frond posted:

The 680 was pretty, however it was poorly designed. The Gibson V8 was apparently losing between 60-80HP if it was hot.

Yeah, supposedly they've swapped engines in the thing, although I'm not sure to what.

And it probably doesn't matter now. I suspect they were undone by them failing to up the grid to 40. They'll struggle to get in next year too unless at least one manufacturer starts the inevitable future bust phase.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Frond posted:

Vanwall is such a weird rear end brand to revive I've never understood it. Vanwall never was sportscar team either - they were in F1, and in any case the name was dormant for like 60+ years.

The rules were such that they needed to have A Brand to homologate the cars, and Vanwall was one that they thought had fallen into disuse enough to get cheap…

Dudley posted:

Yeah, supposedly they've swapped engines in the thing, although I'm not sure to what.

And it probably doesn't matter now. I suspect they were undone by them failing to up the grid to 40. They'll struggle to get in next year too unless at least one manufacturer starts the inevitable future bust phase.

…and apparently the legal trouble still continues behind the scenes. Even if they get to 40 next year, they won’t be involved, because I can easily imagine either customer cars taking spots or somebody like Honda also expanding. Aston Martin start from 2025 too, remember.

The story of Isotta Fraschini joining next year also took a weird turn because the team expected to run them next year (Vector Sport) is apparently saying the factory breached contract by not providing any info on the car while under development. Duqueine Engineering instead will be trackside support.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Yeah if everyone who says they will be there is there there's no room for Vanwall and I wouldn't be counting chickens for 25 if I were Isotta either.

2 Astons, another Lambo and all it takes is Honda getting their arse in gear and people are losing spots.

I'd suggest first on the block might be the customer Porsches but they're long term teams the FIA will need and of course Proton run the Fords too.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Dudley posted:

Yeah if everyone who says they will be there is there there's no room for Vanwall and I wouldn't be counting chickens for 25 if I were Isotta either.

2 Astons, another Lambo and all it takes is Honda getting their arse in gear and people are losing spots.

I'd suggest first on the block might be the customer Porsches but they're long term teams the FIA will need and of course Proton run the Fords too.

Only one Aston each in WEC and IMSA, that’s the plan for now, but that second Lambo, any Honda, additional Caddy somehow, and any more customer cars, and 20 prototypes looks awful crowded.

And yeah, agreed, a fair few teams are having to lose their P2 programs and not everyone is transitioning directly from GTE Am to GT3.

Also remember it sounds like they only want wildcard or additional entries (even for Le Mans) for cars represented in the WEC for BoP reasons, so even if Vanwall wanted to run at Le Mans…might require an exception.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

I'm not convinced they'll have room for any true hypercar wildcards at this point.

24 spaces above the WEC regulars but 15 of those will be P2s, they owe another 5 or so to winners in ELMS/ALMS/IMSA.

You might see the extra Caddys and Porsches from IMSA but that might be all there's room for.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Dudley posted:

They considered a V10 of…some make however it appears they have gone with the Pipo V8 Twin-Turbo 3.5L from the Glickenhaus.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
Can someone able to understand the mysteries of ACO tell what's the point of the Kubica Ferrari entry if they cannot use if for WEC manufacturer points? Extra spares? Mobile chicane to slow down the Toyotas?

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Same point as any entry really.

It's not being entered by Ferrari, it's AF Corse going racing because they can. It's not really different to the Proton or Jota Porsches.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

SlowBloke posted:

Can someone able to understand the mysteries of ACO tell what's the point of the Kubica Ferrari entry if they cannot use if for WEC manufacturer points? Extra spares? Mobile chicane to slow down the Toyotas?

The WEC is introducing a Cup sub-title for Hypercars run by privateers, so the Jota Porsches, Proton Porsche(s?) and this entry.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Just the one Proton Porsche to answer your implied question.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Dudley posted:

Just the one Proton Porsche to answer your implied question.

Right, they’re at the head of the queue when Porsche can turn the production back on for them.

Which is basically admitting they have a joker package they need to make Too Many sets of parts for over the winter to build up any other new customer cars.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Asian Le Mans ongoing, 2hrs into it at this point

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ56Yp0TtU8

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

ewe2 posted:

Asian Le Mans ongoing, 2hrs into it at this point

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ56Yp0TtU8
I joined just as Malte Jakobsen leads the race :denmark:

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

harperdc posted:

The WEC is introducing a Cup sub-title for Hypercars run by privateers, so the Jota Porsches, Proton Porsche(s?) and this entry.

Understood, i'm not getting the point of it since there have been LMP1 teams with three cars (919 era porsche for instance) without this kind of mental gymnastics.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

SlowBloke posted:

Understood, i'm not getting the point of it since there have been LMP1 teams with three cars (919 era porsche for instance) without this kind of mental gymnastics.

Porsche only ran three 919s at Le Mans, Audi did there and at Spa as a warm-up.

And in any case those were all factory cars. It’s not for third cars, it’s for cars run by privateer teams. Turns out having cars homologated (meaning all the 963s will have identical parts) along with the BoP has some upside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Are Jense is back for WEC next year with Porsche